1. Gangster Land
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 15:131 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I guess I was drawing a parallel between the control over these women. Obviously there are many differences. Clearly these women and children need to be rehabilitated on some level. They do not know how to function in the outside world.

Chess would be a wonderful tool to teach those children about the inter-connectedness of people and the need for " ne queen. Can you imagine, children, the chaos on the board if say there were five queens?"
    Particularly if they were five white queens...talk about keepin' a brotha down! Damn...
  2. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 16:58
    I guess I was drawing a parallel between the control over these women. Obviously there are many differences. Clearly these women and children need to be rehabilitated on some level. They do not know how to function in the outside world.

Chess would be a wonderful tool to teach those children about the inter-connectedness of people and the need for " ...[text shortened]... ne queen. Can you imagine, children, the chaos on the board if say there were five queens?"
    The outside world being that of h**s and pimps?
    I can see that both groups of women are emotionally vulnerable but
    that's the only similarity I can find. Help me out here, what do you see?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 22:42
    I have been looking at this situation with some interest. On the one hand I think everyone should have freedom of religion and freedom from religion. But there's something that troubles me about this situation. When I see these women interviewed it is like they have never been given permission to speak. I have never seen people with such a lack of se ...[text shortened]... et big houses. What's not to love about this arrangement from the male-pimp perspective?
    What's not to love about this arrangement from the male-pimp perspective?

Well, for one thing, after 3 or 4 centuries, we would have millions of inbred people insisting on separating from the union.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 22:43
    I have been looking at this situation with some interest. On the one hand I think everyone should have freedom of religion and freedom from religion. But there's something that troubles me about this situation. When I see these women interviewed it is like they have never been given permission to speak. I have never seen people with such a lack of se ...[text shortened]... et big houses. What's not to love about this arrangement from the male-pimp perspective?
    They are the most buttiful women in the world.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 22:45
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Buttiful? You mean they have fat asses?
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 23:05
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Buttiful? You mean they have fat asses?
    I was talking about their faces.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 00:44
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Say some more. What makes them attractive to you? I kinda thought the hemlines were a little long for my taste.
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 01:461 edit
    But there's something that troubles me about this situation. When I see these women interviewed it is like they have never been given permission to speak. I have never seen people with such a lack of self-esteem. The way they wear their hair, the way they all dress the same shows a complete lack of individuality.
    You're talking about women who have been indoctrinated into this way of life since before they can remember - before they ever had an opportunity to discover who they were as individuals.

I was listening to an interview with Carolyn Jessop last night. She wrote the book, Escape about how she left FLDS. She spoke of how her husband used violence to keep his wives in line but mostly it was violence against the children. She described his technique of spanking a baby until it was screaming, then holding its face under a running tap and repeating the process until the baby was too exhausted to cry. She said he did it so that the children would grow up terrified of him without ever remembering why.

How can a child grow up in that environment and be anything except an automaton? It's heartbreaking.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Apr '08 14:01
    Originally posted by Mimor
    You're talking about women who have been indoctrinated into this way of life since before they can remember - before they ever had an opportunity to discover who they were as individuals.

I was listening to an interview with Carolyn Jessop last night. She wrote the book, Escape about how she left FLDS. She spoke of how her husband used violence to ...[text shortened]... a child grow up in that environment and be anything except an automaton? It's heartbreaking.
    My problem with the whole thing is that I haven't heard of any of the men associated with that cult being arrested yet. Some men are monsters.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 20:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    My problem with the whole thing is that I haven't heard of any of the men associated with that cult being arrested yet. Some men are monsters.
    That may change now.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/POLYGAMIST_RETREAT?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I don't won't to hear any more sob stories from these mothers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree