1. R.I.P.
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 23:58
    Originally posted by bobbob1056th
    If there is no evil, then how can there be good? Everything would be the same, nothing good nor evil. Almost like the theory of relativity. In other words there must be evil. God is perfect and made the best choice; He will not send anyone to hell for no reason.

A person who goes through rejection and disappointment has a greater capacity to experien ...[text shortened]... price. And Christ chose to pay the price necessary to let those who believe be with Him forever.
    I think we can agree that if god created good then he also created evil (regardless of reason).

So if god is god of the good & just then it seems reasonable that he is also the god of the evil & unjust.
  2. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 00:24
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    Ok you want some serious debate lets go for it
    ding ding round 1

In your post, you say that god hates evil, so please be kind enough to explain why god created a world which has evil in it.

Edit I should hasten to add that my whole point in our forecoming debate is to convince you that some of your beliefs based on the bible are in fact nonsense and unsound.
    May I give it a shot?

I believe that in creating good, God needed to allow for evil. Without the freedom to choose, there is no such thing as a choice to love good (God). God wants a relationship with us. But only a real one. One where our choosing Him is as voluntary as His choosing us.

We are built to accomplish the ultimate good in the universe! But that ability must also make us able to inflict horror to the same scale, if we were to also have the vital freedom to choose. To paraphrase CS Lewis, A cow can neither be very good or very bad, a dog can be a little better and a little worse, a child can be more good and more bad, a man very good and very bad so a superhuman made in the image of God (such as we are) can do amazingly great things or the most horrendously horrible things.
  3. Standard membermochiron
    The Don
    Nihon
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 02:48
    If there is no evil, then how can there be good? Everything would be the same, nothing good nor evil. Almost like the theory of relativity. In other words there must be evil. God is perfect and made the best choice; He will not send anyone to hell for no reason.

A person who goes through rejection and disappointment has a greater capacity to experien ...[text shortened]... price. And Christ chose to pay the price necessary to let those who believe be with Him forever.
    Sir Bob. having a debate with you is fruitless. Due to your faith you cannot accept that a huge portion of the Earth@s poplulation does not believe in a Christian god. If you want to be a christian fine. But many people dont believe the hype. If David Koresyh was born 2000 years ago maybe he would be you sebiour instead of Jesus of Nazareth.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 05:41
    what exactly do you mean by "evil" a working definition of it's meaning might be helpful. But please don't define it as the opposite of good or something that God doesn't like.
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 16:41
    😏 making a spirit forum. I've read some of the things here and nothing is taken seriously. It's all mindless quarelling and personal attacks. There is not a single argument here that is taken to a logical conclusion. There has to be some agreement to have a purposefull argument. But not one person seems to agree with another on a single issue, m ...[text shortened]... musing, I'll give credit for that. Let me guess, no one agrees with me. Just as predicted. 😏
    hey but it hella fun ta see some of these quarrels ya no. b'sides u could meet pretty interesting people. just like u or me!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree