1. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 May '05 00:53
    😏 making a spirit forum. I've read some of the things here and nothing is taken seriously. It's all mindless quarelling and personal attacks. There is not a single argument here that is taken to a logical conclusion. There has to be some agreement to have a purposefull argument. But not one person seems to agree with another on a single issue, making this purposeless. Ok somethings are amusing, I'll give credit for that. Let me guess, no one agrees with me. Just as predicted. 😏
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    27 May '05 01:33
    Originally posted by bobbob1056th
    😏 making a spirit forum. I've read some of the things here and nothing is taken seriously. It's all mindless quarelling and personal attacks. There is not a single argument here that is taken to a logical conclusion. There has to be some agreement to have a purposefull argument. But not one person seems to agree with another on a single issue, m ...[text shortened]... musing, I'll give credit for that. Let me guess, no one agrees with me. Just as predicted. 😏
    You should wait until some one responds before saying that you predicted their behavior correctly. I disagree that no one takes arguments to their logical conclusion. Check out the did God create reality thread where Col, bbar, Cribbles, Lu's Ham and the rest are working on exactly what you are saying. I do agree that different camps tend not to agree with one another, but this is the Superstitions forum after all.

Ok now you can say that you were right. πŸ™‚
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    27 May '05 01:59
    I've read some of the things here and nothing is taken seriously. It's all mindless quarelling and personal attacks. There is not a single argument here that is taken to a logical conclusion.
    Anytime you would like to construct a counterexample to this claim, come find me. I do like logical and ordered debate, but the Spirituality forum members who are willing to cooperate in that endeavor are few and far between. If you ever have trouble finding them, just howl.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '05 03:42
    But not one person seems to agree with another on a single issue, making this purposeless.
    It's not as bad as all that - just look at all the backslappin' recs people give each other. There's agreement; it's just not nearly as interesting as the controversy.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 May '05 03:53
    😏 making a spirit forum. I've read some of the things here and nothing is taken seriously. It's all mindless quarelling and personal attacks. There is not a single argument here that is taken to a logical conclusion. There has to be some agreement to have a purposefull argument. But not one person seems to agree with another on a single issue, m ...[text shortened]... musing, I'll give credit for that. Let me guess, no one agrees with me. Just as predicted. 😏
    i agree with you....that is, i agree with you that no one will agree with you. how's that for starters?
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    27 May '05 05:51
    When there was no Spirituality forum, you'd get exactly the same thing, but it would clutter up the Debates forum instead.
  7. NY
    Moves
    27 May '05 05:56
    I agree and disagee... i think it was a good idea... but insteda' spiritual talk... its bickering.. rather than in some of my threads about Wicca and such... bible thumpers as per usual.. came a plopn there stuff in there.. when the topic had nothing to to with christian beliefs... they have a kazillion of there own threads... so its a draw.. but if they didnt have this forum SVW would just own the debate forum and spirituality would have no outlet... only crap would...
  8. Joined
    17 Jan '05
    Moves
    27 May '05 07:08
    Its not the idea thats stupid....
  9. NY
    Moves
    27 May '05 07:39
    Originally posted by Pullhard
    Its not the idea thats stupid....
    😡what r you implying...drr....πŸ™„
  10. Joined
    17 Jan '05
    Moves
    27 May '05 08:08
    Originally posted by xxxenophobe
    😡what r you implying...drr....πŸ™„
    I'm implying that the idea is a good one. The real problem is the users of the facility resulting from the idea.

In saying this, if one doesn't like what's in a forum, don't look at the bastard.
  11. Joined
    05 Jul '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 15:15
    here! here! .... if you don't like what you see - DON'T LOOK, If you don't like what you do then - DON'T DO IT, If you don't like what you hear - you definately DO NOT have listen!

just an observation
  12. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 20:202 edits
    I just think it is sad what this forum is filled with; who diligently seeks God? Although I could convince anyone to be a Christian, blessed are those who have not seen but still believe! This doesn't mean I won't ever lead people to Christ by proving what He says is true. It means God and I enjoy it more when people turn to Him for other reasons besides knowing it is illogical not to. Would you rather have to prove yourself to an adult or have a humble child trust you for no reason? But it is different because once you get to know God you begin to understand He cannot let you down.

One of the reasons why so many teens are struggling is because after they have fully trusted their parents (And who doesn't from birth?) they always get let down. This can lead to anger and resentment against the parents for not being perfect. But at the same time the teen knows that he/she cannot love perfectly. So they don't know what to do. The whole thing is a plan by satan to lead people to misery and away from God. People come to believe that there is no such thing as perfect love and because of this many don't want to live anymore. But God uses satan's plan for His own purposes. Would it be better to have the perfect love from the beginning or know its value first?

People who believe there is no perfect love are decieved and do not have God in them. But God wants to show those who seek Him His perfect love. Just as people enjoy loving and being loved, so does God, he has given us all this desire so we can have a relationship with Him. Pleasure happiness and satisfaction are meaningless; prophecy faith truth and knowledge are all meaningless without love.

I believe that if someone does not seek God with all their heart and get to know Him, they do not believe what the Bible says and are not Christian. If I tell you I have heaven prepared for you at my house, if you believed it would you come over here? Or as many do, want to believe it or be decieved in some other way into thinking you believe but don't. A Christian cannot deny their faith; If you were subject to the worst tortures if you chose to follow Christ, would you? In order to get the strength to endure we must know Him and have a relationship with Him (and believe what He says! That it is worth going through anything on earth to get to heaven). To grow spiritualy and close to God, it is important to fellowship with others. Christians experience some of God's love directly and some of His love through other Christians. Paul makes a list of reasons for fellowship in the Bible. Some include encouragement, carrying each others burdens, and rebuking.

You have the choice to accept God or not. If you do then Read His Word and ask His Holy Spirit to show you the truth. God cares deeply about everyone and is grieved when people choose to reject Him. He hates evil. Would anyone in their right mind start a hopeless relationship with someone they know will constantly let them down? With someone who doesn't have true love? With someone who, in the end, will reject you after everything? How about knowing and getting close to ones who will suffer eternally? All these things grieve God, when satan has people decieved so much they will not turn to God. From the beginning we were going to live on earth eternally. We would never get to experience heaven and no human would experience hell either. God knew that satan would decieve Eve into letting sin enter into the world. It was humans' (with satans' help) decision to bring sin into the world, and there are eternal consequences for this. God knows it is good because those who accept Him will get to go to heaven rather than stay on earth. But it is so sad because so many will be decieved and as a result of rejecting God, spend eternity in hell.

Humans can easily come to the conclusion that nothing is worth going to hell. Think about it. How great can all those good things like pleasure be, and how great can pain be? But God knows the truth. It is worth it, good is more powerful than evil. God Himself went to hell so we can experience heaven! How would it benefit Him to have us with Him? He has no deficiencies. No problems. But He is so selfless that He wants you to be in heaven too.

Philipians 2:5 "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."'

All things considered Jesus' attitude is perfect. There is no way to improve it. It is healthy for everyone. Learn to walk in His ways and become like Him. That is what being a Christian is about.
  13. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 22:02
    I just think it is sad what this forum is filled with; who diligently seeks God? Although I could convince anyone to be a Christian, blessed are those who have not seen but still believe! This doesn't mean I won't ever lead people to Christ by proving what He says is true. It means God and I enjoy it more when people turn to Him for other reasons besi ...[text shortened]... veryone. Learn to walk in His ways and become like Him. That is what being a Christian is about.
    Alrighty then.......

How bout them Yankees ?
  14. R.I.P.
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 22:591 edit

You have the choice to accept God or not. If you do then Read His Word and ask His Holy Spirit to show you the truth. God cares deeply about everyone and is grieved when people choose to reject Him. He hates evil. Would anyone in the ...[text shortened]... eved and as a result of rejecting God, spend eternity in hell.

Ok you want some serious debate lets go for it
    ding ding round 1

In your post, you say that god hates evil, so please be kind enough to explain why god created a world which has evil in it.

Edit I should hasten to add that my whole point in our forecoming debate is to convince you that some of your beliefs based on the bible are in fact nonsense and unsound.
  15. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 23:32
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    Ok you want some serious debate let go for it
    ding ding round 1

In your post, you say that god hates evil, so please be kind enough to explain why god created a world which has evil in it.
    If there is no evil, then how can there be good? Everything would be the same, nothing good nor evil. Almost like the theory of relativity. In other words there must be evil. God is perfect and made the best choice; He will not send anyone to hell for no reason.

A person who goes through rejection and disappointment has a greater capacity to experience and enjoy love than one who has not;

There are other ways of looking at it. For example, first showing that there is an omniscient omnipotent (if a being is one, the being is also the other. Interesting) being and from there (after proving that there is, which I do not care to do) one can conclude since the being knows everything, it is not capable of mistake. If you knew all the complex trees of your actions you would choose the best one, yes? It is a bit more complex than that but it should give you a basic idea.

Now if you are asking why God didn't just create us being in heaven from the beginning, it is simple. That way no one would have a choice, he would create people that are in heaven from the beginning and people who are in hell from the beginning. And I believe most people go to hell because heaven is so much better than hell is bad. In other words on an absolute scale heaven is greater. Yes, it is sad that evil has to exist. But it is better that we have a choice.

So you might say why must there be evil along with good. Can something be acidic or basic if everything is the same on the ph scale? No, it would not be acidic compared to anything.

And then there's "Why doesn't God make everyone perfect so they can all be in heaven?" It's because everything is done at a price. And Christ chose to pay the price necessary to let those who believe be with Him forever.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree