The Worst Religion

The Worst Religion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
08 Dec 07

Originally posted by shavixmir
He broke Jewish law in full understanding that he didn't break Roman law and that the Jews had no way of persecuting him.
It was a political gamble which cost him, and some of his followers, their lives.

Surely you don't swallow the whole "Judas, best friend, betrays and then feels remorse" angle?
No. It was a deliberate set up between Jesus and Ju ...[text shortened]... d up with the murder of his best friend.

Politics. That is what is was. Power and money.
Jesus broke Jewish law? How? I suppose you could make the arguement that Christ was after wordly power and money, however, it would then fly in the face of his teachings which condemned such pursuits. It would also fly in the face of the fact that he never attained worldy power and riches.

As far as why Judas betrayed Jesus, there is a commonly held belief that Judas wanted Jesus to indorse the overthrow the oppressive Roman occupation and that he was somewhat disillusioned that Christ seemed to be ambivilent towards doing so, thus he tried to force his hand. Of coarse, I think we can both agree that Judas in no way wanted Jesus to go to his death the way he did and nor did Jesus.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Dec 07

Originally posted by SwissGambit
If you understood how to write well, you wouldn't mangle the language by assigning your own arbitrary meanings to words.

Let's just add this word to the list of bizarro-words that Christians use. A bizarro-word has either A) the opposite meaning, or B) a radically different meaning, when compared to the normal definition:

love
compassion
justice
religion
If you understood how to read well, you wouldn't confuse meaning with practice.
I practice no religious system. I am a Christian, and I worship a God who is a spirit.
It is a spiritual thing. You wouldn't understand!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Dec 07

Don't you?
You know what I believe.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
How quaint. Another uninfomred[sic] voice adding to the din of ignorance. Considering the fact that our language is part of a closed system, upon what physical realities do the listed words derive meaning?
Before any discussion takes place, I must insist you look the words up in a dictionary. It also helps you learn to spell them correctly.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Dec 07

Originally posted by josephw
If you understood how to read well, you wouldn't confuse meaning with practice.
I practice no religious system. I am a Christian, and I worship a God who is a spirit.
It is a spiritual thing. You wouldn't understand!
http://m-w.com/dictionary/religious
1: relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity

http://m-w.com/dictionary/spiritual
3: concerned with religious values

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
09 Dec 07

You know what I believe.
This is the point I'm making.
What makes you believe in God, but not in the Spaghetti monster?

S

Moves
09 Dec 07

This is an irrelevant line of questioning when someone has (irrational) faith.

e.g:
" A well-known scientist (some say it was the philosopher Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.
At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise."
The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?"
"You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down!"

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
09 Dec 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Which religion is the least correct?
Ayn Randism

w

Moves
09 Dec 07

[b]He broke Jewish law in full understanding that he didn't break Roman law and that the Jews had no way of persecuting him.
It was a political gamble which cost him, and some of his followers, their lives.
Once again Shav, how did Christ break Jewish law? Also, why did Christ prophesy his own death and then offer no defense once accused of blashpemy if he was not willing to go to the cross?

w

Moves
09 Dec 07

Originally posted by whodey
Once again Shav, how did Christ break Jewish law? Also, why did Christ prophesy his own death and then offer no defense once accused of blashpemy if he was not willing to go to the cross?
Very telling indeed. I confront both Shav and chessisvanity about their accusations against Christ and they vanish into thin air......

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
09 Dec 07

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Ayn Randism
Ha ha!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Dec 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Which religion is the least correct?
All of them that do not lead you to the truth in the end are false.
Not that they are not paths to the truth, but the ones that do not
get you there.
Kelly

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Dec 07

God! But he isn't making me believe.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
11 Dec 07

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Before any discussion takes place, I must insist you look the words up in a dictionary. It also helps you learn to spell them correctly.
First off, ouch. Secondly, the dictionary is only helpful if one knows how to spell the word in the first place. I know perfectly well how to spell most of the words that I use: it's my fingers who refuse to abide by the same rules.

Now, more to the point. Common usage/understanding notwithstanding, as v pointed out, your list of words find their meaning by virtue of their association with concepts of human existence. That being said, these aspects of human existence transcend the same to find their meaning from source(s) outside of the human experience--- so much so, that without an understanding of their source, the words would eventually devolve into meaninglessness: isolated and restricted to self-application, a language endemic to but one person.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
11 Dec 07
1 edit

God! But he isn't making me believe.
Really?
What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens. You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?” But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
(Romans 9:14-21, emp. added).