1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    11 Sep '13 20:361 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Man are you full of c***

First, to deal with you last post, evolution has not stopped, there has been plenty of
    evolution going on in the last 6000 years and is still going on today.

And second, evolutionary theory is one of the things that tells us that the 'eugenics'
    and genocide of the last century are a bad f****** idea.
    The ONLY thing tha .

Then look me in the eye and tell me that science and medicine and evolution is evil.
    Yes - I say Evolutionists are a bit evil, and the best you can say is I'm full of crap - notice anything?

I do have pointless degrees to back me up, the useless anti depressants line came from an academic not me.

I think believing in 'survival of the fittest' is basically Satanism and all that comes with it... to be honest...
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '13 20:421 edit
    Originally posted by e4chris
    Yes - I say Evolutionists are a bit evil, and the best you can say is I'm full of crap - notice anything?

I do have pointless degrees to back me up, the useless anti depressants line came from an academic not me.
    No the 'best I can say' is not that you are full of c***.

That was simply my opening statement, voicing my opinion of you and your posts.

I THEN went on to point out WHY your talking c***.

And if you are going to cite someone specific, you need to say who.

Finally. There is no such thing as an evolutionist.

Its a made up word created by pathetically ignorant creationists as a label for anyone
    who accepts that science is the best description of reality and that we came into existence
    by a means other than being magically poofed into existence by an all powerful genie.

I think believing in 'survival of the fittest' is basically Satanism and all that comes with it...
    to be honest...

You evidently failed to read my post, where I point out that 'survival of the fittest' was a poor
    attempt to simplify evolution for a lay audience and bares little relation to how evolution functions.

Also if you believe that evolution has anything whatsoever to do with any Christian belief you don't
    know anything about evolution.
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    11 Sep '13 20:531 edit
    I have a pair of eyes - I appreciate plants evolved - DNA - Creationists can see!

But I think it fatuous to deny that the past 6000 years have been creationist rather then evolutionary - We wiped out most dangerous animals and totally pick what plants animals are allowed to live - how exactly does that fit into evolution?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Sep '13 21:04
    We wiped out most dangerous animals and totally pick what plants animals are allowed to live -
    Not sure what you are alluding to. Can you give some examples?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Sep '13 21:10
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    you are not even sure if your genes can be traced in your children........yet you know the scientific methods for aging the earth dont work.
    Sure do. And I am not the only one that knows they don't work.

The Instructor
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Sep '13 21:45
    Originally posted by sonship
    There is no clear scientific way to date the age of the Earth, but the best estimate is derived by using the Holy Bible.

Do you agree that between the 69th and 70th week of Daniel there is an interval of unspecifed time which at least has been 2,000 years ?

If you do, and you should, then it shows that God's accounting for time m ...[text shortened]... lifeless.

Your accounting of time may not be God's accounting of time there either.
    No I do not accept that nonsense. I interpret the 70 weeks of years, that is 490 years, to have began in 457 B.C. and ended in 34 A.D. in accordance with (Acts 2:16-18, 10:45; Galatians 3:14; Ephesians 3:6; Hebrews 8:6-13).

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Sep '13 21:50
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Man are you full of c***

First, to deal with you last post, evolution has not stopped, there has been plenty of
    evolution going on in the last 6000 years and is still going on today.

And second, evolutionary theory is one of the things that tells us that the 'eugenics'
    and genocide of the last century are a bad f****** idea.
    The ONLY thing tha ...[text shortened]... .

Then look me in the eye and tell me that science and medicine and evolution is evil.
    Evilution has nothing to do with science and medicine. Evilution is an evil philosophy.

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 06:57
    Age of the earth (Evolution is a Fake Science)

YouTube

Index fossils are used to date sedimentary layers based on evilutionary theory. Index fossils are assigned dates based on how old they are thought to be according to evolutionary theory. Radiometric dating has proven to be an unreliable way of dating rocks or fossils. The radiometric dating methods give a range of dates, so the radiometric dating method that more closely agrees with evilutionary theory is the one that is chosen.

The Instructor
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 11:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Age of the earth (Evolution is a Fake Science)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j_lA9eWlFQ

Index fossils are used to date sedimentary layers based on evilutionary theory. Index fossils are assigned dates based on how old they are thought to be according to evolutionary theory. Radiometric dating has proven to be an unreliable way of dating rocks or fo ...[text shortened]... d that more closely agrees with evilutionary theory is the one that is chosen.

The Instructor
    You can grouse all you want, it won't change the facts one whit. Evolution is here to stay and has been here for hundreds of millions of years. There is nothing on Earth you can do about it except whine all your buddies so-called theories which have been proven wrong time after time. Whining is all you have.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 11:362 edits
    No I do not accept that nonsense. I interpret the 70 weeks of years, that is 490 years, to have began in 457 B.C. and ended in 34 A.D. in accordance with (Acts 2:16-18, 10:45; Galatians 3:14; Ephesians 3:6; Hebrews 8:6-13).

Then you do not believe the last 3.5 years are the last half of the 70th week of Daniel.

Revelation 11:3 - "a thousand two hundred and sixty days" of prophesying of the two witnesses, and Revelation 12:11-12 - " a time and times and half a time " the Women is persecuted by the Dragon. These compare with Daniel's prophecy of "the time of Jacob's trouble" and Daniel 12:11-12.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Yea, yea.
    I sure thank God I found good teachers before I ran into the ones who taught you.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '13 00:222 edits
    Originally posted by sonship

Then you do not believe the last 3.5 years are the last half of the 70th week of Daniel.

Revelation 11:3 - [b]" ea.
    I sure thank God I found good teachers before I ran into the ones who taught you.
    Let me explain. Here is the prophecy as translated in the New King James version:

“Seventy weeks are determined
    For your people and for your holy city,
    To finish the transgression,
    To make an end of sins,
    To make reconciliation for iniquity,
    To bring in everlasting righteousness,
    To seal up vision and prophecy,
    And to anoint the Most Holy.

(Daniel 8:24 NKJV)

That is all there is to the prophecy of the seventy sevens. The above is what has to be fulfilled within the 70 weeks. Scholars have detemined that prophetic time is counted in days with a prophetic day equal to one literal calendar year in accordance with Genesis 29:26-28; Leviticus 25:8; Numbers 14:34; and Ezekiel 4:5-6. Therefore, 70 times 7 years = 490 years. Notice that this prophecy must be completed in 490 years or else it is a false prophecy. A prophecy means nothing, if one can just decide to not count some years. It is ridiculous to think one can just stop counting at the end of 483 years for a period of 2000 or more years, and then add another 7 years at the end and it will still be only 490 years. That is not the way the prophecies of God work.

The angel Gabriel is sent to explain the vision and prophecy to Daniel; and, in doing so, he gives an account of things that will happen that are outside the prophecy time restraints of 490 years. Gabriel begins by breaking the prophecy down into seven weeks or 49 years and sixty-two weeks or 434 years and one final week or 7 years. This is what he says:

“Know therefore and understand,
    That from the going forth of the command
    To restore and build Jerusalem
    Until Messiah the Prince,
    There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
    The street shall be built again, and the wall,
    Even in troublesome times.

(Daniel 8:25 NKJV)

The decree referred to was the one issued in 457 B.C. by Artaxerxes I, King of Persia, as recorded in Ezra chapter 7. I believe the first period of 49 years was allowed for the the rebuilding of Jerusalem and the walls around it. But it would be another 434 years in 27 A.D. before the coming Messiah, the Prince of princes, would be baptized and anointed by the Holy Spirit. Gabriel tells what the Messiah will accomplish and what will happen to Him in the final week of 7 years beginning with the following:

“And after the sixty-two weeks
    Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
    And the people of the prince who is to come
    Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
    The end of it shall be with a flood,
    And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

(Daniel 8:26 NKJV)

Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
    But in the middle of the week
    He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
    And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
    Even until the consummation, which is determined,
    Is poured out on the desolate.”

(Daniel 8:27 NKJV)

The above two verses is where many people get confused, because Gabriel adds information concerning things that will happen after the prophecy. The first parts of verse 26 and 27 go together and the last parts of those verses go together in sort of a poetic way. Like this:

“And after the sixty-two weeks
    Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
    Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
    But in the middle of the week
    He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

This last week is the time to confirm the new covenant with many people. The middle of this week is 31 A.D. when the Messiah was crucified (cut off) for our sins. To all believers in the Messiah, He became the end of all sacrifices and offerings for sin. He made the atonement for iniquity and brought in everlasting righteousness for all that believe in Him. This week ended in 34 A.D. and completely fulfilled the prophecy of verse 24 when the outpouring of the Holy Spirit came on the Gentile believers and sealed the new salvation covenant as an absolute certainty (Acts 10:45).

The additional information, added by Gabriel, concerned the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple by the Romans and the Jewish war with the Romans that happened after this prophecy. This was not a part of the original prophecy that was to take 490 years and has been fulfilled.

The Instructor

P. S. I could have explained the last part that is outside the prophecy in more detail, but there is no need to bother with it, because it is not required to fulfill the original prophecy about the Messiah.
  12. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    13 Sep '13 21:423 edits
    I can't say I back a biblical creationism, completely, but it strikes me creationists argue about a period when humans were distinctly human and there was no evolution.

I can't be bothered to look up the pictures but

- here is a mouse with a human immune system and an ear on its back

- here is an aerial photo of an entire country missing its rainforest

- here is a picture of lots of chickens ...

Surely some biologists must accept that a point and 6000 years is a fair guess evolution stopped and creationism began - we totally manipulated our environment. And the Eden story is roughly true for that time. Maybe that's a mute point, obvious, but if so why put creationism down so much?

edit 🙄 for the thumbs down guy, keep on truckin
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '13 21:561 edit
    I can't say I back a biblical creationism, completely, but it strikes me creationists argue about a period when humans were distinctly human and there was no evolution.

- here is an aerial photo of an entire country missing its rainf t if so why put creationism down so much?

edit 🙄 for the thumbs down guy, keep on truckin
    The atheist evilutionists do not want to be accountable to the higher authority.

The Instructor
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '13 21:56

- here is an aerial photo of an entire country missing its rainf ...[text shortened]... or that time. Maybe that's a mute point, obvious, but if so why put creationism down so much?
    Evolution hasn't stopped.

The frequency of alleles in species continue to change due to selection pressures
    from their environments.

DNA continues to undergo random mutations that create new alleles for evolution to
    work on.

This will stop if and only if we start directly genetically engineering species so that
    the genetic code and characteristics of a species are intelligently determined and
    are not inherited after natural selection on the previous generation.

And even then it will only stop for the specific species that are being tampered with.

So you could legitimately say that GM wheat is not evolving any more.

But direct genetic manipulation of species is significantly less than 100 years old,
    and even then only applies to a tiny minority of present day species.

And given that we do not yet directly manipulate our own DNA (not on any mass basis
    at any rate) we too are presently evolving.
    The frequency of alleles in the human population is still changing in response to our
    environment due to selection pressures.

We evolve.

Deal with it.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '13 21:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The evilutionist do not want to be accountable to the higher authority.

The Instructor
    My problem is not that you want to hold me to a higher authority or standard...

It's that you want to hold me to a lower one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree