The Young Earth

The Young Earth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Sep 13

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Sep 13

Biblical Age of the Earth - Dr. Don Patton

The Instructor

Moves
11 Sep 13

Originally posted by RJHinds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KND9AFfb-RI

The Instructor
is there any science in either of those videos?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Sep 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
Surely you jest....

Moves
11 Sep 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Surely you jest....
snigger......shhhhh, dont give me away!!!

Z

Moves
11 Sep 13

i don't even know if it is the same video posted in all these threads

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Sep 13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KND9AFfb-RI

The Instructor
Desperation time again I see. Latching onto obvious pseudo science having the aim of swaying weak minded individuals on the fence about young V old Earth and the obvious motivation there is to build up a political base to force evolution out and force creationism in to be taught as the only way the Earth got here.

Do you think you are putting one over on us? You must think us extremely stupid to fall for such ploys. Let's call it for what it is, a PLOY.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Sep 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Desperation time again I see. Latching onto obvious pseudo science having the aim of swaying weak minded individuals on the fence about young V old Earth and the obvious motivation there is to build up a political base to force evolution out and force creationism in to be taught as the only way the Earth got here.

Do you think you are putting one over o ...[text shortened]... ou must think us extremely stupid to fall for such ploys. Let's call it for what it is, a PLOY.
It is concerning the Biblical age of the Earth for those Christians, who have been deceived by constantly hearing the Earth is millions and billions of years old by the atheist evilutionists. It is clearly shown that the age of the Earth, according to the Holy Bible, is only a few thousand years old by this video.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Sep 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
There is no clear scientific way to date the age of the Earth, but the best estimate is derived by using the Holy Bible.

The Instructor

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 Sep 13

There is no clear scientific way to date the age of the Earth, but the best estimate is derived by using the Holy Bible.

The Instructor
Oh well😵

Moves
11 Sep 13

The Instructor
you are not even sure if your genes can be traced in your children........yet you know the scientific methods for aging the earth dont work.

e

Moves
11 Sep 13
3 edits

If Creationism was studied as part of Anthropology I would support it to an extent; The manipulation of the planet to mans (gods?) will is very real, I put it into 3 stages;

1 Cave Man Creationism - The Clovis people wiping out mega fauna.

2 Biblical Creationism - Breeding sheep and letting them graze wipes out alkaloid producing plants - they trample them - Also wiping out of wolves snakes and bears from most of Europe.

3 20th Century Creationism - There is a South American country where all the rainforest has been cut down to plant soya beans - an entire countries rainforest - if that's not creationism in action I don't know what is.

For the last c 6000 years we have created our environment - Evolution hasn't had the time to work but plant and animal life has changed beyond recognition.

But that doesn't mean creationism can replace biology - They must accept evolution is real like t-rex but saying its pre-biblical and there has been virtually no evolution in the last 2000 years seems to me about right.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Sep 13
3 edits

Do you agree that between the 69th and 70th week of Daniel there is an interval of unspecifed time which at least has been 2,000 years ?

If you do, and you should, then it shows that God's accounting for time may not be exactly according to human calculations. We would expect that seven years as the 69th week of Daniel would be immediately followed by the 70th week of a 7 year "week" as the last before the millennial kingdom.

But it didn't happen that way apparently because of the insertion of the entire church age in between 69th week (of 7 years) and the last week (of 7 years), the 70th week of Daniel.

No one could predict how long this unspecified gap would be.
Neither can be so sure how long a gap of unspecified time took place between Genesis 1:1 when God created the heavens and the earth and Genesis 1:2 when the earth was seen as wasted, void, dark, lifeless.

Your accounting of time may not be God's accounting of time there either.

e

Moves
11 Sep 13

To side with rj more directly - Evil-lution was used to justify nothing but war genocide and ethnic cleansing till 1945 - it was used to justify keeping odd looking people in cages - and having followed this path of science we have all useful herbs and plants outlawed and a ton of useless anti depressants surrounded by bogus falsified science - I could happily remove evil-lution from the syllabus and replace it with a module called 'The making of a crocodile' - people who believe in evolution and stand by it as how we are made have for a long time been very evil.

Moves
11 Sep 13

Originally posted by e4chris
To side with rj more directly - Evil-lution was used to justify nothing but war genocide and ethnic cleansing till 1945 - it was used to justify keeping odd looking people in cages - and having followed this path of science we have all useful herbs and plants outlawed and a ton of useless anti depressants surrounded by bogus falsified science - I could happi ...[text shortened]... o believe in evolution and stand by it as how we are made have for a long time been very evil.
Man are you full of c***

First, to deal with you last post, evolution has not stopped, there has been plenty of
evolution going on in the last 6000 years and is still going on today.

And second, evolutionary theory is one of the things that tells us that the 'eugenics'
and genocide of the last century are a bad f****** idea.
The ONLY thing that ties evolution to 'eugenics' and genocide is an idiotic misunderstanding
of the phrase "survival of the fittest" which was neither coined nor promoted by Darwin and
was a poor attempt to simplify the idea for the lay person.

Evolutionary theory is the bedrock of ALL biology and medicine and no curriculum that fails
to teach it can justifiably claim to be a science curriculum.

Teaching biology without evolution is like trying to teach solar system dynamics without gravity.

Claiming otherwise is both ignorant and stupid... As well as bloody dangerous.

We have over the last 150 odd years made epic strides in eliminating disease through medicines
and vaccines.

None of which would have been possible without a proper understanding of evolutionary theory.

If you don't believe me then I invite you to go find a good historian and find out what the mortality
rates were 100~200 years ago from diseases that you almost never hear of in the modern world.

Read about The Plague, Cholera, and Small Pox.

Then look me in the eye and tell me that science and medicine and evolution is evil.