1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    05 Aug '16 02:58
    Atheism: Decide morals that benefit the collective and the individual are worthwhile through logic and evidence

    Theism: Stone women to death for not being virgins to please an angry, petty god, even at the expense of logic and evidence

    Is this what theists find so appealing?
  2. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8554
    05 Aug '16 12:30
    Originally posted by vivify
    Atheism: Decide morals that benefit the collective and the individual are worthwhile through logic and evidence

    Theism: Stone women to death for not being virgins to please an angry, petty god, even at the expense of logic and evidence

    Is this what theists find so appealing?
    You forgot to add "Go to the Nascar race track after stoning."

    Your reserch on thiests is lacking a little there. Check Wiki.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    05 Aug '16 13:25
    Originally posted by sonship
    You forgot to add "Go to the Nascar race track after stoning."

    Your reserch on thiests is lacking a little there. Check Wiki.
    I just hate threads like the other made by fetchmyjunk. All crap and no substance. As is human nature, theists won't realize this until it's their side being attacked with terrible logic.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148421
    05 Aug '16 16:101 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Atheism: Decide morals that benefit the collective and the individual are worthwhile through logic and evidence

    Theism: Stone women to death for not being virgins to please an angry, petty god, even at the expense of logic and evidence

    Is this what theists find so appealing?
    Why didn't you say that Atheism had millions of people killed because they didn't like X?
    Why start off with Theism having women being stoned to death?
    I'd say you start off showing one side good the other bad, was this an attempt to be fair?
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    05 Aug '16 16:22
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why didn't you say that Atheism had millions of people killed because they didn't like X?
    Why start off with Theism having women being stoned to death?
    I'd say you start off showing one side good the other bad, was this an attempt to be fair?
    Wasn't the stoning of women part of the Law you uphold as a being a manifestation of "moral absolutes"?
  6. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    05 Aug '16 16:23
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why didn't you say that Atheism had millions of people killed because they didn't like X?
    Because that would be a lie.
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    05 Aug '16 16:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wasn't the stoning of women part of the Law you uphold as a being a manifestation of "moral absolutes"?
    Atheism or theism. .. wars... so what? There's no recourse to "wars" you can make regarding "stoning women" without going the No True Scotsman route.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    05 Aug '16 18:51
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why didn't you say that Atheism had millions of people killed because they didn't like X?
    Why start off with Theism having women being stoned to death?
    I'd say you start off showing one side good the other bad, was this an attempt to be fair?
    Read the post RIGHT ABOVE yours.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    08 Aug '16 11:23
    Originally posted by vivify
    Atheism: Decide morals that benefit the collective and the individual are worthwhile through logic and evidence

    Theism: Stone women to death for not being virgins to please an angry, petty god, even at the expense of logic and evidence

    Is this what theists find so appealing?
    For the most part, neither atheists nor theists "decide" what their moral structures will be. They are born into pre-existing moral structures that they are acculturated into. And the way they each go about modifying those moral structures has almost nothing to do with logic or evidence, even though they like to pretend otherwise.
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Joined
    20 Mar '06
    Moves
    45396
    16 Aug '16 13:34
    Originally posted by rwingett
    For the most part, neither atheists nor theists "decide" what their moral structures will be. They are born into pre-existing moral structures that they are acculturated into. And the way they each go about modifying those moral structures has almost nothing to do with logic or evidence, even though they like to pretend otherwise.
    well said.
Back to Top