Edit: the Bible calls you a fool.
    Oh hush. 😠
  2. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 21:48
    Originally posted by telerion
    "It is written in this post:
    Some people will say that some or all of the contents of this post are not true. These people are fools. They are corrupt; their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. God is not real."

Do you see the problem, Chin?

Of course Telly, the problem is that too many discount the authority of Scripture in favor of their own ideas. This is nothing new. I can't look it up now, but repeatedly in the OT we are told that 'men did what was right in their own minds'; but it never worked out very well for them.

I did it myself for a long time, saying 'I don't need to be born again, I was born right the first time!'. Sounds clever, but I was wrong and God was right when He said 'You must be born again.'.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 22:09
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Talking books now, is it?
    don't be a Hypocrite
  4. Meddling with things
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 22:14
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    don't be a Hypocrite
    don't talk nonsense then. Books are inanimate and don't call people liars. I don't think you fully understand the meaning of the word hypocrite. Get a dictionary then youi'll have two books on your shelf
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 22:20
    Originally posted by chinking58
    Of course Telly, the problem is that too many discount the authority of Scripture in favor of their own ideas. This is nothing new. I can't look it up now, but repeatedly in the OT we are told that 'men did what was right in their own minds'; but it never worked out very well for them.

I did it myself for a long time, saying 'I don't need to be ...[text shortened]... !'. Sounds clever, but I was wrong and God was right when He said 'You must be born again.'.
    Is that the same book that claims God told the Israelite leaders to slaughter men, women and children?
    Your crackpot sect is just as guilty of creating a god of your own choosing. Saying a made up a speech declaring something that the Savior didn't ask or particularly want from you, hopefully won't make you miss that He is the salvation and not the deliverer of it. Nothing you can say can alter the requirements of salvation all the needed words have already been said. That "speech" you give is nothing more than a prayer ,He told you how to pray , and that speech ain't in the word of the Kingdom. Read them until you understand, then follow the path the words reveal to you.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 22:51
    don't talk nonsense then. Books are inanimate and don't call people liars. I don't think you fully understand the meaning of the word hypocrite. Get a dictionary then youi'll have two books on your shelf
    The book Calls non-believers Fools read Ps. 14:1 smart one.

7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 23:05
    everyone has liad in their life. The book of Rev. says that all liars will be found in hell.

That is why you need Jesus to save you.
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 23:09
    everyone has liad in their life. The book of Rev. says that all liars will be found in hell.

everyone lied
    all lLiars go to hell
    therefore Empty Heaven
  9. The sky
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 23:09

Does that mean the book of rev. is lying and will be found in hell? Because if there are some liars who will be saved, they will not all be found in hell.
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 23:24
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Does that mean the book of rev. is lying and will be found in hell? Because if there are some liars who will be saved, they will not all be found in hell.
    Here's a good definition of Hell.... Trying to work out the algebra of the group (E) everyone ,,of RB's post
    to make it easier remember it can be non-abelian
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 00:11
    Originally posted by chinking58

I did it myself for a long time, saying 'I don't need to be ...[text shortened]... !'. Sounds clever, but I was wrong and God was right when He said 'You must be born again.'.
    My previous post says that there is no God.
    Are you saying something in my previous post is false?

12. Meddling with things
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 00:23

self satisfied claptrap
  13. Not Kansas
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 00:37
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    That is one of the most theologically profound and honest statements I have ever read. Please do not discount yourself by thinking that theology is too hard.
    Thanks, but I don't think my post was too original.
    If a belief in gods comes from the fear of death, does that mean that Man invented God?
    Or, is that one way that God reveals Himself to us?
    Or both?
    Theology is too hard ...
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 01:21
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    There's too much, you people waste too much time at it, from now on there's no God, god or gods. Now run along and make $$
    In a typical theological treatise :
    page 1.
    two choices are given when in fact there are three options :
    a premise that because something is not known to be true, it is assumed to be false :
    a series of increasingly unacceptable consequences is drawn:
    at least two unrelated points are conjoined as a single proposition :
    value or moral goodness is attached to believing the author :
    a proposition is argued to be true because it is widely held to be true:
    somebody's character is attacked:
    somebody else is called a hyprocrite

footnotes
    1)an authority is not an expert in the field
    2) experts in the field disagree
    3) the authority was joking, drunk, or in some other way not being serious
    4) the authority in question is not named

page 2.

a sample is too small to support an inductive generalization about a population:
    the two objects or events being compared are relevantly dissimilar :
    the conclusion of a strong inductive argument is denied despite the evidence to the contrary:
    evidence which would change the outcome of an inductive argument is excluded from consideration :
    a sample is unrepresentative of the sample as a whole:
    a generalization is applied when circumstances suggest that there should be an exception and/or an exception is applied in circumstances where a generalization should apply :

and there are always more than 2 pages.

15. Not Kansas
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 01:26
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    In a typical theological treatise :
    page 1.
    two choices are given when in fact there are three options :
    a premise that because something is not known to be true, it is assumed to be false :
    a series of increasingly unacceptable consequences is drawn:
    at least two unrelated points are conjoined as a single proposition :
    value or moral goodne ...[text shortened]... here a generalization should apply :

and there are always more than 2 pages.

lmao!

Sounds like hell ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree