1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 17:23
    Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that he is the one ordained by God to be judge of the living and the dead.
  2. Standard memberknightwest
    General of GROSS
    Calvin's Treehouse
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 17:27
    Are you a priest?
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 17:28
    Originally posted by knightwest
    Are you a priest?
    You don't need to be a Priest. Jesus commands all his believers to be witnesses.
  4. Standard memberknightwest
    General of GROSS
    Calvin's Treehouse
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 17:42
    silent witness!!
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 17:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that he is the one ordained by God to be judge of the living and the dead.
    I think you are correct here. Nevertheless, I continue to have a problem with how you preach. You need to become light (which requires a bit more enlightenment on your part--spewing ignorance is not equivalent to testifying for Jesus) and salt (which must be used sparingly for effectiveness).
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 19:11
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I think you are correct here. Nevertheless, I continue to have a problem with how you preach. You need to become light (which requires a bit more enlightenment on your part--spewing ignorance is not equivalent to testifying for Jesus) and salt (which must be used sparingly for effectiveness).
    If you have a problem with the way he preaches, then maybe you should find yourself another preacher that will tell you exactly what you want to hear.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 19:15
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    If you have a problem with the way he preaches, then maybe you should find yourself another preacher that will tell you exactly what you want to hear.
    Wulebgr holds up a mirror so DJ can see himself.
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 19:191 edit
    ".... find yourself another preacher that will tell you exactly what you want to hear."

.... lol ..... the advice from a Protestant...... 😛
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 19:19
    excellent goute, that is why he doesn't like my preaching becasue he doesn't want to hear it that way.

Now if I preach taht being good got you to heaven he might listen. LOL
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 19:291 edit
    excellent goute, that is why he doesn't like my preaching becasue he doesn't want to hear it that way.

I read almost everything you write here. Very little makes any sense. I don't object to the preaching of conservative xtians who write clearly and coherently. You don't see me attacking KellyJay, do you?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 19:51
    I read almost everything you write here. Very little makes any sense. I don't object to the preaching of conservative xtians who write clearly and coherently. You don't see me attacking KellyJay, do you?
    Dude c'mon. It reminds me of Charles Spurgeon. There was this guy that spoke the most horrific English, yet through him Spurgeon was saved. Spurgeon was chalanged by this because at first he was criticising the guy about his English and then he asked himself what he was doing with his perfect English.
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 19:57
    Dude c'mon. It reminds me of Charles Spurgeon. There was this guy that spoke the most horrific English, yet through him Spurgeon was saved. Spurgeon was chalanged by this because at first he was criticising the guy about his English and then he asked himself what he was doing with his perfect English.
    The effectiveness of ignorant people in doing good is not a justification for persisting in ignorance in the name of God. You worship Jesus, follow him by learning to do things well.

Imagine for one brief second that I agree with you on matters of faith. Now, my need to chastise you for your gross offenses to the language is rooted in Scripture: Mark 7:37 (the example of Jesus) and II Corinthians 5:16-21 (admonishment to believers to follow the example of Jesus).

Because you abusively defend what you do poorly, I cannot look to you as an ambassador for Jesus. Perhaps you serve another.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 20:07
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    ".... find yourself another preacher that will tell you exactly what you want to hear."

.... lol ..... the advice from a Protestant...... 😛
    LOL. If he is indeed Protestant then that's one quality zinger.
  14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 20:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 21:52

You are right. There are those that want that soft feel good message. A message that does warn of a price to pay for sin. A lot of Christians as well, like to hear a feel good prosperity message.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree