1. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    01 May '09 07:21
    what about in the case of war??? are all soldiers going to hell or can they beg forgivness? if i kill can i beg forgivness??
    is killing animals based in this logic?? yes i said killing, pigs,chickens,lambs..( lambs are so cute) sheep, cows....you see where im going with this.
    people swat flys and sqish bugs everyday...thats killing, yes not a sentient being but "thou shall not kill" seems pretty clear to me.

do you partake in the killing??
    are YOU going to hell?
  2. England
    Moves
    01 May '09 08:58
    Originally posted by podge fitz
    what about in the case of war??? are all soldiers going to hell or can they beg forgivness? if i kill can i beg forgivness??
    is killing animals based in this logic?? yes i said killing, pigs,chickens,lambs..( lambs are so cute) sheep, cows....you see where im going with this.
    people swat flys and sqish bugs everyday...thats killing, yes not a sentient b ...[text shortened]... t kill" seems pretty clear to me.

are YOU going to hell?
    animals killing to eat is ok, [killing for fun no]. God knows our needs for life.
    soldiers will be judged the same as the rest of us. if you live for mans glory man will honour
    you in death,

if you live for gods glory god will honour you.
    can you beg forgiveness in this life yes, but you wount find out till after death. as god knows the difference between words and truth
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 May '09 09:02
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '09 17:45
    people swat flys and sqish bugs everyday...thats killing, yes not a sentient b ...[text shortened]... t kill" seems pretty clear to me.

are YOU going to hell?
    The Bible does not preach pacifism. If you don't believe me, open it up some time and you will read about the conquest of the holy land. Of course, you may argue that the New Testament is a book of pacifism.....that is until you open the book and read Christ picking up a whip in the temple or his second coming when he kicks some booty.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    01 May '09 20:41

are YOU going to hell?
    A better translation is thou shalt not murder.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    01 May '09 20:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Bible does not preach pacifism. If you don't believe me, open it up some time and you will read about the conquest of the holy land. Of course, you may argue that the New Testament is a book of pacifism.....that is until you open the book and read Christ picking up a whip in the temple or his second coming when he kicks some booty.
    with a sword sticking out of his mouth
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '09 23:50

are YOU going to hell?
    Murder...do no murder.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 May '09 02:52
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    with a sword sticking out of his mouth
    Something like that. It's called speaking things into reality. After all, that is how the Almighty created the universe, no?
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 May '09 07:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well, the accounting of using the whip is only in John and John's account very much has an agenda behind it. Plus, I don't read a witness of Jesus flogging the money changers and dove sellers to death. I would argue that the ministry of Jesus is indeed partly about pacifism; after all, in Gesthemane, when the disciples defend themselves and cut the Roman soldier's ear, Jesus forces the disciples to stop and heals the ear. That's not exactly war mongering...in fact, I would call that pacifism.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    05 May '09 05:21

are YOU going to hell?
    as others have said the correct translation from the hebrew to english would me more like murder or homocide . and yes according to scripture that can be forgiven. what you are referring to is under the old jewish law,the 10 commandments.any and all sins can be forgiven,through true repentance.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 May '09 06:50
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Well, the accounting of using the whip is only in John and John's account very much has an agenda behind it. Plus, I don't read a witness of Jesus flogging the money changers and dove sellers to death. I would argue that the ministry of Jesus is indeed partly about pacifism; after all, in Gesthemane, when the disciples defend themselves and cut the Roman so ...[text shortened]... p and heals the ear. That's not exactly war mongering...in fact, I would call that pacifism.
    Make no mistake about it, Jesus was engaged in a violent cause. When you shake the very foundation of the "powers that be" and cause them to engage you in such a violent fashion suitable for crucifixion, this is the only possible conclusion. Likewise, someone like Ghandi was engaged in a violent cause as well. He too shook "the powers that be" in such a way that it caused them to lash out in violence. You might even say that both Jesus and Ghandi were similar in their tactics because they did not return physical violence when it was displayed towards them, however, that is as far as the similarity between the two. The difference lies at the root of their fight. Christ's fight was spiritual as where Ghandi's was political. Case in point is that the only time Christ became "violent", it was because he was about the "Fathers business". For example, he called out the religious leaders and declared them hypocrites and verbally abused them. In addition, we see him getting riled up when the money changers were defiling a place of worship for the Father. In both cases we see an effort to attack those forces that come between God and the average Joe. In Ghandi's case, he was more about political change and once this was accomplished so wasa his fight complete.

As for why Christ forbade Peter from picking up the sword and defending him, again this interfered with "the Fathers business" which was to send his Son to the cross on the most violent endevour yet. Now had you turned the clock back thousands of years when the Israelites were fighting to form a nation the cause would have been to establish the nation that would produce the Messiah. Again, it is all about "the Fathers business". Therefore, this would have been in line with what Christ would have condoned. If you don't believe me, why then would some one so aquainted with the scriptures have not spoken out against the battles in the Old Testament?

You also ignore the prophesies of Revelation at a time when the age of grace has expired. The representation of Chirst as a lamb changes to that of a lion. Again, he is about "the Fathers' business" during this time in order to set things right once and for all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree