1. Meddling with things
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 00:25
    A simple injunction, straigtforward and easy to undestand. One of the ten commandments (at number six I believe)

How do US right-wing christians reconcile this simple statement with the acctions of the American military in Iraq where thousands have been killed at their hands?

Please keep it simple because I'm an idiot.
  2. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 00:42
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    A simple injunction, straigtforward and easy to undestand. One of the ten commandments (at number six I believe)

How do US right-wing christians reconcile this simple statement with the acctions of the American military in Iraq where thousands have been killed at their hands?

God also commanded the Jews to destroy whole nations. Which means the command is not intended as a universal injunction against killing. God also commanded that people be executed for certain crimes. Again this shows the command has a limited application. It is addressed to individuals acting without the authority of civil government or military actions.

This does not justify the conflict in Iraq, it is merely to show that the command is not applicable to the situation.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 00:58

Matthew 5:22

But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire.

Just as bad as murdering someone.
  4. Meddling with things
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 01:00
    Originally posted by Coletti
    God also commanded the Jews to destroy whole nations. Which means the command is not intended as a universal injunction against killing. God also commanded that people be executed for certain crimes. Again this shows the command has a limited application. It is addressed to individuals acting without the authority of civil government or military actions. ...[text shortened]... he conflict in Iraq, it is merely to show that the command is not applicable to the situation.
    Or 'love one another'

Hey, I love you, here's a cluster bomb
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 01:00
    1 John 3:15

Any one who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
  6. Meddling with things
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 01:01
    Originally posted by RBHILL

But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire.

So killing...ok in some circumstances but call someone names and you're damned to hell?

Harsh
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 01:05
    So killing...ok in some circumstances but call someone names and you're damned to hell?

Harsh
    You are already damned to hell with out Christ.
    John 3:36
    You need Jesus to save you John 14:6; John 3:3; 1 John 5:13
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 01:35
    I've been told that the command is actually 'Do Not Murder'. Does anyone know what the original word in Hebrew actually means?
  9. Joined
    07 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 01:57
    Originally posted by RBHILL

aaaw thanks man. you just made my day. im going to hell. ive insulted people plenty of times.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 02:02
    Originally posted by red king richie
    aaaw thanks man. you just made my day. im going to hell. ive insulted people plenty of times.
    That is way you call on Jesus to save you we are all sinners in need of a Savior.
  11. Joined
    07 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 02:09
    you mean like pray right?
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 02:09
    Originally posted by red king richie
    you mean like pray right?
    Yes.
  13. Joined
    07 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 02:11
    oh i do that like every time i know i sin. im not gonna take advantage of it or anything. but as long as i pray for ANY sin no matter how bad i will be forgiven? like there is no way i cannot be forgiven?
  14. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 02:12

The same can be said about the thousands killed by the Islamofascists....they seem to like bowling, but they use heads instead of balls....😲 🙄
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 02:241 edit
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    The same can be said about the thousands killed by the Islamofascists....they seem to like bowling, but they use heads instead of balls....😲 🙄
    Jesus Christ, chanc! Have you talked to Peachy yet?

Edit: You not excusing your behavior with the childish "But they do it too," are you?
    Because if you are, you are judging yourself against a small group of extremist wackos.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree