1. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 02:55
    Originally posted by telerion
    Jesus Christ, chanc! Have you talked to Peachy yet?

Edit: You not excusing your behavior with the childish "But they do it too," are you?
    Because if you are, you are judging yourself against a small group of extremist wackos.
    My statement has nothing to do with Peachy nor am I using any comparison between extremist Muslims or Christians to justify my statement, if that is what you are asking. I'm simply including the "other side of the coin" when replying to aardvarke....I'm tired of people insinuating that Christians are killers, when the Islamofascists have just as much, if not more, blood on their hands.....they definitely have more heads!
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 03:43
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Matthew 5:22

But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire.

Just as bad as murdering someone.
    Does that seem just to you, RBHILL?
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 03:47
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    My statement has nothing to do with Peachy nor am I using any comparison between extremist Muslims or Christians to justify my statement, if that is what you are asking. I'm simply including the "other side of the coin" when replying to aardvarke....I'm tired of people insinuating that Christians are killers, when the Islamofascists have just as much, if not more, blood on their hands.....they definitely have more heads!
    I agree with you. Both religions have a lot of blood on their hands.
  4. NY
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 03:49
    True true.. but Christians have ben responsible for more blood shed than any other religion.. and for such advocates of there 10 sins deal.. its kinda humorous if it wernt so depresing...
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 04:01
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    A simple injunction, straigtforward and easy to undestand. One of the ten commandments (at number six I believe)

How do US right-wing christians reconcile this simple statement with the acctions of the American military in Iraq where thousands have been killed at their hands?

Please keep it simple because I'm an idiot.
    I thank GOD that I live in the USA. I pray for the leaders, of this country. I pray that all from local to federal level of government, get saved. I pray that those in power, know what they are doing. I support the American military because they are doing what they are told. I also hope that all those in the military get saved. I also hope that the people in Iraq come to know JESUS CHRIST and HIS saving power, and also get saved. I hope and pray that those thousands donot become millions.
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 04:07
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I've been told that the command is actually 'Do Not Murder'. Does anyone know what the original word in Hebrew actually means?
    Is it not true that when GOD, gave the commandment, Thou shalt not kill. Was HE not talking to the Nation of Israel, on how they were to act toward each other. They were not to kill each other. Was not the Ten Commandments given to them.
  7. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 05:10
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I've been told that the command is actually 'Do Not Murder'. Does anyone know what the original word in Hebrew actually means?
    From Wikipedia:

"You shall not murder"
    The Hebrew word is unambiguously murder; kill is a mistranslation. The Hebrew Bible makes a distinction between murdering and killing, and explicitly notes that murder is always a heinous sin, while killing is sometimes necessary, and in these cases just in the eyes of God. Thus, Jews take offense at translations which state "Thou shall not kill", which Jews hold to be a flawed interpretation, for there are circumstances in which one is required to kill, such as if killing is the only way to prevent one person from murdering another. Another case is killing in self-defense. (10)
    Many Protestant and most Catholic Christians hold that this verse forbids abortion; Judaism does not see abortion as murder (c.f Ex. 21:22-23, and Rashi thereon), although Orthodox Judaism prohibits it in certain circumstances on other grounds.
  8. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 05:42
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    From Wikipedia:

"You shall not murder"
    The Hebrew word is unambiguously murder; kill is a mistranslation. The Hebrew Bible makes a distinction between murdering and killing, and explicitly notes that murder is always a heinous sin, while killing is sometimes necessary, and in these cases just in the eyes of God. Thus, Jews take offense at translati ...[text shortened]... ashi thereon), although Orthodox Judaism prohibits it in certain circumstances on other grounds.
    Interesting. I wonder if that view of abortion is true for all Jewish sects. It explains why there don't seem to be many pro-life Jews.
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 10:29
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    The same can be said about the thousands killed by the Islamofascists....they seem to like bowling, but they use heads instead of balls....😲 🙄
    Im kinda sure I'd rather have my head cut off. lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree