Thought for the day:  Sectarianism

Thought for the day: Sectarianism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
18 Apr 08
1 edit

So mankind is split into "tribes", and each has its own version of god with a different name and customs. Ok so far? Mmm but, they all think each other's gods are rubbish, and only their own god is cool.

If I was god, I'd come and knock their heads together and tell them to cut it out.

And then, one tribe get mortally offended when they perceive a small slight to their god, but at the same time they could'nt care less when it happens to someone else's god?
I'm sorry folks but this make no sense at all.

P

weedhopper

Moves
19 Apr 08

The flaw in your logic is generalization. As a Christian, I do not get "mortally offended" when my religion is insulted, or for any other reason regarding faith. Live and let live, y'know? And I never claim other religions are rubbish. I don't agree with them--so what? Don't I have the right to the same tolerance I give ?

s

England

Moves
19 Apr 08

your arguement has many flaws, namely free will, then if you kill his messengers what then do you belive. From early times god was pleased with abraham and lot but there was always others who followed thier own views so he distroyed them then others grew in thier place, this is still the case remove one demon only for a legion to take its space if you ignore his teachings, so you end up worse than the first.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Apr 08

Originally posted by eamon o
So mankind is split into "tribes", and each has its own version of god with a different name and customs. Ok so far? Mmm but, they all think each other's gods are rubbish, and only their own god is cool.

If I was god, I'd come and knock their heads together and tell them to cut it out.

And then, one tribe get mortally offended when they perceive a sm ...[text shortened]... when it happens to someone else's god?
I'm sorry folks but this make no sense at all.
Its explained somewhere in genesis. If man gets together and co-operates they might decide to build a tower up to heaven - and God can't have that! So God decided to confuse everyone a little and make sure that they could not co-operate.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Apr 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
And I never claim other religions are rubbish.
But your thinking it!