1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '10 06:13
    Spirituality.

When a person considers sense gratification the aim of life, he certainly becomes mad after material living and engages in all kinds of sinful activity.
    He does not know that due to his past misdeeds, he has alredy received a body which, although temporary, is the cause of his misery.
    Actually the living entity should not have taken a material body, but he has been awarded the material body for sense gratification.
    Therfore it is not befitting an intelligent man to invlove himself again in the activities of sense gratification by which he perpetually gets material bodies, one after the other.

Srimad Bhagavatam Canto5. Chapter5. Verse4.

vishva
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Jul '10 07:49
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Therfore it is not befitting an intelligent man to invlove himself again in the activities of sense gratification by which he perpetually gets material bodies, one after the other.
    Looks like you were not an intelligent man in past lives - hung up as you were on sense gratification.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '10 08:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Looks like you were not an intelligent man in past lives - hung up as you were on sense gratification.
    Exactly!
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Jul '10 08:27
    Exactly!
    So if you made such serious errors before, what makes you think you are any better this time?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jul '10 08:45
    Spirituality.

When a person considers sense gratification the aim of life, he certainly becomes mad after material living and engages in all kinds of sinful activity.
    He does not know that due to his past misdeeds, he has alredy received a body which, although temporary, is the cause of his misery.
    Actually the living entity should not have taken a m ...[text shortened]... aterial bodies, one after the other.

Srimad Bhagavatam Canto5. Chapter5. Verse4.

vishva
    According to Srimad Bhagavatam Canto5. Chapter5. Verse4. then, your only hope of escape is to bury yourself in a cave with no light, no food, no water, no sound, or any other sensory stimulating thing until you die.

No thanks. I'll stick with the saviour Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    22 Jul '10 20:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    According to Srimad Bhagavatam Canto5. Chapter5. Verse4. then, your only hope of escape is to bury yourself in a cave with no light, no food, no water, no sound, or any other sensory stimulating thing until you die.

No thanks. I'll stick with the saviour Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Chr ...[text shortened]... the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, [b]who loved me, and gave himself for me.
    [/b]
    Though this was a Vishva thread, was the Bible quote really necessary?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree