1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 03:211 edit
    Many scientists will say "I cant belive in religion". On the other hand, if you ask them, do you have free will, almost every scientist instinctivly believes so. He has free will.

He can choose somethings, he can descide to go this way, or that way.

But, there is in fact no room for free will in present scientific law and yet almost every scientst believes he has some.

(Getting Inside the Mind of the Cheating Scientist)

Professor Chales Townes, Nobel Laureate in Physics. (more to come)
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 03:302 edits
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Many scientists will say "I cant belive in religion". On the other hand, if you ask them, do you have free will, almost every scientist instinctivly believes so. He has free will.

But, there is in fact no room for free will in present scientific law and yet almost every scients ...[text shortened]... ng Scientist)

Belief in free will does not imply belief in religion
    Being a scientist does not imply one isn't religious

How is there "no room" for free will?
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 04:41
    There are certain atheist in this forum, that I will not respond to, because of their lack of sincerity. (they know who they are)

vishva
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 07:16
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Belief in free will does not imply belief in religion
    Being a scientist does not imply one isn't religious

How is there "no room" for free will?
    What would fabian say? Are you going against his mantra, ie. that science and religon never mix? (If so, I would be interested on your take on this...and hopefully you are not talking about Scientology 😛 )
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 07:483 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What would fabian say? Are you going against his mantra, ie. that science and religon never mix? (If so, I would be interested on your take on this...and hopefully you are not talking about Scientology 😛 )
    There is a difference between conflating religion with science, and believing in God whilst also being a scientist. :]

Furthermore, I discredit Scientology no more than I discredit other religions 😛
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 09:54
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

But, there is in fact no room for free will in present scientific law and yet almost every scients ...[text shortened]... ng Scientist)

Believe in "religion"...?

I can't make up my mind as to whether 'organised religion' is social problem or just someones idea of a joke which happens to make money.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree