1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 21:491 edit
    "Three Things You've Learned" (while contributing to this forum)

Things I've learned include: 1) Of the fourteen Red Hot Pawn Public Forums, its Spirituality Forum is by far the liveliest (and most conversational); 2) I've also learned that my own recall of passages of scripture, principles of application and rationales is still intact; 3) One encouraging, continuing lesson relates to an unexpected objectivity of a genuine search for accurate information on the part of several members I've come to regard as fellow travelers and friends. Thanks. (gb)
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 23:13
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Three Things You've Learned" (while contributing to this forum)

Things I've learned include: 1) Of the fourteen Red Hot Pawn Public Forums, its Spirituality Forum is by far the liveliest (and most conversational); 2) I've also learned that my own recall of passages of scripture, principles of application and rationales is still intact; 3) One ...[text shortened]... part of several members I've come to regard as fellow travelers and friends. Thanks. (gb)[/b]
    Your only traveler from this world to the next should be Jesus Christ. Ask yourself what of His teachings you accept. So far it looks like none.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 00:09
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Your only traveler from this world to the next should be Jesus Christ. Ask yourself what of His teachings you accept. So far it looks like none.
    LOL. "Listen to me! The only person you should listen to is Jesus Christ! And I'm here to tell you you're not doing it!"

"Er.. are you Jesus Christ?"
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 01:23
    Fourth, I've learned there's a difference between problem solving and problem resolving; and, Fifth that there comes a point where integrity requires that excusing inexcusable behavior stop. Sixth,
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 04:501 edit
    One thing that I have learned that comes immediately to my mind is that insulting the other debater does not change their mind, but it feels good to the one doing the insulting.

The Instructor
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 16:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    One thing that I have learned that comes immediately to my mind is that insulting the other debater does not change their mind, but it feels good to the one doing the insulting.

The Instructor
    insulting people makes you feel good???
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 16:532 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Why should he not have fellow travelers ?

Paul said that the saints were "fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God" (Ephesians 2:19).

What are you, the super spiritual Lone Ranger ?

Why should a Christian not have fellow travelers when the Bible says we are "members one of another" (see Roman 12:5; Eph.4:25) ?

We can hold fast the Head, Christ, and still be up built traveling companions as fellow sojourners with the other brothers and sisters in Christ. Right ?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 17:12
    Here are three things that I have learned over the years.

1. Dogs look up to you.

2. Cats look down on you.

3. But a pig will look you square in the eye.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 20:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    Here are three things that I have learned over the years.

1. Dogs look up to you.

2. Cats look down on you.

3. But a pig will look you square in the eye.
    And snort.

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 20:55
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    insulting people makes you feel good???
    Not people in general. Can't you read?

The Instructor
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 21:23
    1. I have learned to study my bible more diligently when challenged on a topic.
    2. I have learned to "eat the fish and spit out the bones" so to speak.
    3. I am reminded to be humble and give grace to all, regardless of denomination, believer or unbeliever.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 21:394 edits
    I have learned that without God's mercy I would never have believed in Christ.

I have learned that God wants to see my heart ache and to pray for others who need that same mercy.

I have learned that I do not adequately weep and make intercession
    for those who need their eyes opened to understand the revelation of Jesus.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 23:16
    I've gained an increased awareness of the vacuum emptiness causes in the human soul. Mataiotes in the Koine Greek: "Emptiness: futility, frustration." As the heart needs blood to pump, the soul requires information (facts, truth, lies). (gb)
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 00:25
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    I've gained an increased awareness of the vacuum emptiness causes in the human soul. Mataiotes in the Koine Greek: "Emptiness: futility, frustration." As the heart needs blood to pump, the soul requires information (facts, truth, lies). (gb)
    I have learned that it is a waste of time to attempt to convince two JWs on RHP that God is a complex one. That's number 2.

The Instructor
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 01:021 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have learned that it is a waste of time to attempt to convince two JWs on RHP that God is a complex one. That's number 2.

The Instructor
    Already One "Thumbs Down".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree