1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 01:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have learned that it is a waste of time to attempt to convince two JWs on RHP that God is a complex one. That's number 2.

The Instructor
    Providing accurate information and, then, leaving the "convincing" in God
    the Holy Spirit's Hands is the only effective course of action, I believe.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 03:42
    Originally posted by JS357
    LOL. "Listen to me! The only person you should listen to is Jesus Christ! And I'm here to tell you you're not doing it!"

"Er.. are you Jesus Christ?"
    For you the important thing is the debate. There are others here who have higher motives.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 09:501 edit
    That few realize the cluster of human emotions have no capacity for rational thought. They're designed to appreciate people, places and things we deem attractive and worthy; leaving the ugly, banal, worthless and harmful unappreciated. Worst decisions any of us have ever made have been made in those moments when our mentalities capitulated to momentary passions: with the result that words were said or deeds were done which we came to regret briefly or indefinitely. Scripture often begins "Think ye..." Genuine love as opposed to lust, begins in and is sustained by our minds.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 10:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    For you the important thing is the debate. There are others here who have higher motives.
    Yeah, like insisting you're right, and everyone else is going to hell.

Right?

That's a real 'Christian' message, especially when it's focused toward other Christians.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 10:27
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    1. I have learned to study my bible more diligently when challenged on a topic.
    2. I have learned to "eat the fish and spit out the bones" so to speak.
    3. I am reminded to be humble and give grace to all, regardless of denomination, believer or unbeliever.
    Hah!

Your lessons from this forum are lessons for all.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 10:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have learned that it is a waste of time to attempt to convince two JWs on RHP that God is a complex one. That's number 2.

The Instructor
    But I've been trying to explain this one to you for what seems like forever now.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 10:29
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Already One "Thumbs Down".
    Surprising.

I thought it would be two.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 10:32
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Providing accurate information and, then, leaving the "convincing" in God
    the Holy Spirit's Hands is the only effective course of action, I believe.
    But I see your response to him is also 'partisan'. You chastise him, yet you can't resist showing that you are on 'his side'.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 10:401 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But I've been trying to explain this one to you for what seems like forever now.
    1. People who believe three Gods in one and make the claim of monotheism will believe anything.

2. Persons devoid of reason become emotional when pressed upon for one and resort to the only avenue open to them, aggression.

3. If it were not for the fact that Christianity is concerned with self sacrifice, putting other people ahead of oneself, then Buddhism would be a very attractive alternative.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But I see your response to him is also 'partisan'. You chastise him, yet you can't resist showing that you are on 'his side'.
    "But I see your response to him is also 'partisan'. [we're brothers in Christ, so 'yes' our commitments are identical] You chastise him, [quoting a biblical principle of application for the purpose of encouragement hardly equates to 'chastising' nor was doing so in any way my intent] yet you can't resist showing that you are on 'his side'." [wouldn't have commented if I opposed his own purpose; why help an adversary?] Thank you for the reminder that tone of meaning trumps word definitions per se. -Bob
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 03:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    1. People who believe three Gods in one and make the claim of monotheism will believe anything.

2. Persons devoid of reason become emotional when pressed upon for one and resort to the only avenue open to them, aggression.

3. If it were not for the fact that Christianity is concerned with self sacrifice, putting other people ahead of oneself, then Buddhism would be a very attractive alternative.
    We are still waiting for you to become a Christian.

The Instructor
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 04:12
    This is not quite on topic, but it might be worth mentioning.

I have read about twenty of Ann Rule's true crime books. I am no longer surprised when I read her saying that someone who attends Christian services and reads the Bible cheats on a spouse sexually. Most recent case was Diane Downs, in 'Small Sacrifices.'

Is there any real way for a Bible believer to rationalize that kind of behavior?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 09:24
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II

I have read about twenty of Ann Rule's true crime books. I am no longer surprised when I read her saying that someone who attends Christian services and reads the Bible cheats on a spouse sexually. Most recent case was Diane Downs, in 'Small Sacrifices.'

Is there any real way for a Bible believer to rationalize that kind of behavior?
    All people are human and have to deal with their fallen nature. Some have a harder time than others. Priests even molest young boys. There is no way I could rationalze that kind of behavior as being okay. But I do understand that we all sin in various ways and often try to rationalize why we did it. But none of it stands up to honest scrutiny.

The Instructor
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 09:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Thich Quang Duc; however your path is Christianity, so feeling free to enjoying it is OK😵
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 09:40
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II

You might be surprised how many of the Christians here have a very messed up sense of right and wrong.

First they condemn the teachings of Christ which advise following after good deeds and righteousness, claiming that people who follow Christ are misguided people are trying to earn their salvation .. a very grave sin in their minds.

Then they assume that everyone who are 'born again' are eternally saved and therefore they are simply temporarily punished for their wrongs. They cannot lose their salvation no matter what sin they commit.

All this they gather from the same Bible that praises righteousness and good works in the strongest possible language and condemns sin and evil in the strongest possible language.

Jaywill/Sonship has a thread called 'the defeated Christian' on that topic. Its mostly nonsensical reasoning but its the kind of thread/doctrine that would appeal to those looking for justification for their sinful lifestyle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree