1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 18:462 edits
    I am not religious but those who are can give a call for Mike, he was a good friend, great guitarist, great chess player. He battled the cancer that took him for a year or more. I thought he had recovered, we had talked just a week ago but alas no, sad day for sure, he will be missed. RIP old friend.

I see I was scooped. Sorry for the dup.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 21:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I am not religious but those who are can give a call for Mike, he was a good friend, great guitarist, great chess player. He battled the cancer that took him for a year or more. I thought he had recovered, we had talked just a week ago but alas no, sad day for sure, he will be missed. RIP old friend.

Still, I will pray for him and his family. He was a friend to me most of these years on RHP. I was heartbroken when I heard the news. It's still a bit of a shock. I grieve especially for his family. I know he loved them so much. Godspeed, my friend.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 16:53

It seems strange tha you would be asking for prayers for anyone when you believe it is all superstitious crap.

I don't know Mikelom and have never played him. However, a RHP rating of 2121 is pretty good and he obtained it very fast by gaining about 400 points in 3 months. I suspect he was very lucky on some of his games like I have been in the past and not really that good. It is a shame I did not get to play him to find out for sure. 😏
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 18:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It seems strange tha you would be asking for prayers for anyone when you believe it is all superstitious crap.

I don't know Mikelom and have never played him. However, a RHP rating of 2121 is pretty good and he obtained it very fast by gaining about 400 points in 3 months. I suspect he was very lucky on some of his games like I have been in the past and not really that good. It is a shame I did not get to play him to find out for sure. 😏
    For a person that believes in, and desires, eternal life, you really are making a pitiful attempt at this one.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 18:52
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    For a person that believes in, and desires, eternal life, you really are making a pitiful attempt at this one.
    Well said. If i could i'd send you a virtual beer.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 20:17
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    It is better than you just sitting on your haunches. 😏
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 20:371 edit
    It is better than you just sitting on your haunches. 😏
    You are just sitting on your haunches! underneath your bottle gourd plant waiting for the destruction of Nineveh, Jonah Hinds. 😀
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 20:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You are just sitting on your haunches! underneath your bottle gourd plant waiting for the destruction of Nineveh, Jonah Hinds. 😀
    So you think you know all about it, huh? Spit it out, numbnuts. 😏
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 20:49

Om swasti astu Mikelom
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 03:30

I find it strange that you would not actually jump at the opportunity to pray for people who have never asked for it before.

it's like Jesus knocking at the door and when they open it he grabs it and slams it in their face.

Prayers go to Mikelom.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 04:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    I find it strange that you would not actually jump at the opportunity to pray for people who have never asked for it before.

it's like Jesus knocking at the door and when they open it he grabs it and slams it in their face.

Prayers go to Mikelom.
    Well, I am not Roman Catholic and I do not believe one can pray someone out of pergatory as they do.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 10:334 edits
    Well, I am not Roman Catholic and I do not believe one can pray someone out of pergatory as they do.
    Your compassion is overwhelming. BTW,

And even though I don't believe prayer helps the receiver, I think it soothes the one praying so it is for them I want the prayers.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 17:57
    Your compassion is overwhelming. BTW,

And even though I don't believe prayer helps the receiver, I think it soothes the one praying so it is for them I want the prayers.
    Well, I don't need any soothing in this case.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 17:59
    Well, I don't need any soothing in this case.
    A nice narcissistic answer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree