1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 02:11
    If you would like to read something full of spiritual juice, this title if you google it, will be an interesting read.

Title: "The Sermon on the Mount According to Vedanta"

Vishva
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 02:31
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    If you would like to read something full of spiritual juice, this title if you google it, will be an interesting read.

Vishva
    What's wrong with the sermon on the mount according to Jesus?

Vedanta. Sounds like some kind of new pharmaceutical drug for itchy hemorrhoids.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 02:57
    Originally posted by josephw

Vedanta. Sounds like some kind of new pharmaceutical drug for itchy hemorrhoids.
    Thus, the thing which is full of the juice.
    Don't itchy too much!
  4. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 02:58

You're not really into the brotherly love kind of Christianity are you JW?
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 03:01
    Originally posted by amannion
    You're not really into the brotherly love kind of Christianity are you JW?
    Sounds like you might know something about it. Illuminate those of us in the dark how it's supposed to look, won't you?
  6. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 03:151 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Sounds like you might know something about it. Illuminate those of us in the dark how it's supposed to look, won't you?
    Well it starts by not bagging the sh.t out of people's beliefs.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 05:27

Why did I know, that I would get a response like that from a christian....Im not surprized. This is why christianity is a dogma, and that response proves it.

Just google the title and raise your consciousness, it will be for your eternal benefit.

vishva
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 08:52
    Well it starts by not bagging the sh.t out of people's beliefs.
    Oh, you mean like the opening salvo wherein the poster--- who repeatedly bags the sh.t out of Christianity--- "encourages" Christians to read a piece of trash that will magically impart true spirituality to their miserable lives... since their lives are so devoid of the same?
  9. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 09:35
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Oh, you mean like the opening salvo wherein the poster--- who repeatedly bags the sh.t out of Christianity--- "encourages" Christians to read a piece of trash that will magically impart true spirituality to their miserable lives... since their lives are so devoid of the same?
    No, I think we can all agree that Vishva is an idiot.
    What I mean is JW's rather aggressive posts of recent times - not what you'd expect from a Christian really, would you?
  10. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 11:43
    What I mean is JW's rather aggressive posts of recent times - not what you'd expect from a Christian really, would you?
    I would have to disagree. Christians, of all faiths I have seen here, react and respond with more harshness, and sometimes visciousness, than any other group to anything that is not Christian. If it is something that contradicts their beliefs, it is trashed, bashed and slammed.

Mind you, this does not apply to all Christians, nor to all non-Christians. Some Christians are quite open to reasonable and open discussion, and some non-Christians are hatemongers, but on the whole, as a general group, the above statement it truth.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 12:38
    Oh amannion, what may sound aggressive is really just me having some fun. On this side of the keyboard I am laughing at the absurdity of this forum.

What's wrong with aggression anyway? Why accuse me of some kind of unchristian conduct when Jesus Himself lashed the hypocrites mercilessly? Was Jesus too aggressive? Did He hurt someones' feelings? Of course He did. And righteously too. Not that I would try to compare myself to Jesus.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 18:152 edits
    The definition of Idiot:

A person who has healthy eyes but cant see.
    A person who has intelligence, but doesnt use it.
    A person who lives in a complex universe, but doesnt recognize it.
    A person who can understand that everything has a cause (but not the universe)
    A person who is envious of God.
    A person who believes everthing came about by a random accident.
    An atheist.
    Hey thats You.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 19:03
    One again my karma ran over my dogma LOL!! 😉

Manny
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 20:18
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

Vishva
    avatards mean nothing, but in your case I'll make an exception
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 21:44
    Oh amannion, what may sound aggressive is really just me having some fun. On this side of the keyboard I am laughing at the absurdity of this forum.

What's wrong with aggression anyway? Why accuse me of some kind of unchristian conduct when Jesus Himself lashed the hypocrites mercilessly? Was Jesus too aggressive? Did He hurt someones' feelings? Of course He did. And righteously too. Not that I would try to compare myself to Jesus.
    I'm not against hurting someone's feelings per se - I do it all the time. But ridiculing them because of their beliefs? Well, I know I do that and have done that, but you seem to be on a bit of a roll lately ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree