1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 21:55
    Originally posted by amannion
    I'm not against hurting someone's feelings per se - I do it all the time. But ridiculing them because of their beliefs? Well, I know I do that and have done that, but you seem to be on a bit of a roll lately ...
    He's on a fine roll at the moment...
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 01:21
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The definition of Idiot:

A person who has healthy eyes but cant see.
    A person who has intelligence, but doesnt use it.
    A person who lives in a complex universe, but doesnt recognize it.
    A person who can understand that everything has a cause (but not the universe)
    A person who is envious of God.
    A person who believes everthing came about by a rand ...[text shortened]... eist.
    Hey thats You.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No

Idiot
    noun
    informal

a stupid person
    archaic a person of low intelligence

Origin:

Middle English (denoting a person of low intelligence): via Old French from Latin idiota 'ignorant person', from Greek idiōtēs 'private person, layman, ignorant person', from idios 'own, private'
    (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/view/entry/m_en_gb0398730#m_en_gb0398730)

None of your suggestions are a good fit
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 02:40
    No, I think we can all agree that Vishva is an idiot.
    What I mean is JW's rather aggressive posts of recent times - not what you'd expect from a Christian really, would you?
    I'll admit he does seem a bit edgy these last few posts. Although I cannot say whether they are half in jest, or if something else is afoot. We all have our bad days, right?
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 05:34
    Hi everyone.....Iv,e come into this forum actually thinking I could help someone come to a higher understanding of God / religion, and I know my manner is rough, but I actually mean well, and when I get dragged from pillar to post for my effort, I do get frustrated.....because to me when I present a seemingly no/brainer of a piece of truth,.......nearly everyone freaks.

I know Iam not real good at presenting my comments, maybe thats it.

vishva
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 05:52
    Hi everyone.....Iv,e come into this forum actually thinking I could help someone come to a higher understanding of God / religion, and I know my manner is rough, but I actually mean well, and when I get dragged from pillar to post for my effort, I do get frustrated.....because to me when I present a seemingly no/brainer of a piece of truth,.......nearly everyone freaks.

vishva
    Child of a noble family vishvahetu, listen to me now without distraction:

Don't be frustrated with the ever-changing conditions of the environment
    Never give up
    Never ask for a favour
    Always try to unveil the projections of your mind as clearer as you can
    Always spot the arising contradictions in your own projections of the mind along with the ones of the mind of your debaters
    Do respect every being as much as you respect yourself, and
    Get to know yourself -the projections of one's mind are merely some projections amongst many and not a so called "absolute truth"

May You Always Be Happy
    😵
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 09:58

vishva
    I had the same problems myself initially. Its definately good to pick your "fights" on here 😉
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 11:421 edit

vishva
    Vishva, I recall not so long ago you made a thread specifically for the purpose of apologising to those who you'd p!ssed off with the nature in which you impart your 'sagely' knowledge.

You presumably get knocked from pillar to post not just because of the way you imply or sometimes directly state that people are disadvantaged in intellect/are fools for holding views which are at odds with yours; you also get knocked by Christians & atheists because it is these people you target directly, and you hit them under the conviction that your favourite holy book - the Vedanta is true above all others. Like Christians you suggest that we are to accept this proposition by decree, you repeatedly bash evolution without offering any refutations other than it doesn't somehow involve some Godly element (whilst it is clear you have little understanding of the principle). Similarly you bash the beliefs of Christians with little more than your faith in your own contrasting beliefs. Always you do this with the suggestion that at least one collection of people are morons or believe something moronic (the latter without a good demonstration of why)

One thing you ought to acknowledge is: having chosen your favourite out of many holy books, you could be wrong. (similarly, having rejected *all* holy books I have to keep it in the back of my mind that people will want to try and show I too am wrong) Then if not respectfully, at least carefully demolish their arguments with more than an appeal to your God or holy book.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 12:312 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Vishva, I recall not so long ago you made a thread specifically for the purpose of apologising to those who you'd p!ssed off with the nature in which you impart your 'sagely' knowledge.

You presumably get knocked from pillar to post not just because of the way you imply or sometimes directly state that people are disadvantaged in intellect/are fools for hol least carefully demolish their arguments with more than an appeal to your God or holy book.
    Thankyou for your response and i have taken note, but what frustrates me is that putting aside my lack of skill in presenting comments of a higher truth, I cannot understand how quickly people dismiss a higher truth, without even giving it consideration or making any enquirys, or investigating it themseves for some time.

I have posted (what I understood to be a higher truth) and within 5 minutes there are 20 negative comments,......that is, and should be evidence that these persons are not ready to recieve any new information which is outside their limited perception. (i think this is very sad indeed)

You have given reference to me saying: vishvas God, vishvas beliefs, vishvas teachings.........but nothing is mine, because what ever truths that I present is by the instruction of Vedanta, and you cant band together Vedanta with the likes of the bible or the koran, because they are scriptures for the meat eaters, and God has nothing to do with that.

You see Vedanta is second to none with reguards to knowledge of God, and the soul, and life, because it is the only bonofide true religion, and not because I say so, but because it is.

It can be proved so easily, all you or anyone has to do, is spend six months investigating Vedanta for yourself, but who is doing that (no one ) thats what frustrates me,......dont believe me, look for yourselves at Vedanta, and Vedanta itself will show you.

When i apologized, it was for coming across rude and arrogant, but with futher reflection, i realized that I wasnt deliberately being that, but thats just my rough style and its not meant to offend. (but i guess it did )

vishva
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 13:131 edit
    Thankyou for your response and i have taken note, but what frustrates me is that putting aside my lack of skill in presenting comments of a higher truth, I cannot understand how quickly people dismiss a higher truth, without even giving it consideration or making any enquirys, or investigating it themseves for some time.

I have posted (what I understo ...[text shortened]... t, but thats just my rough style and its not meant to offend. (but i guess it did )

vishva
    But what you might do well to acknowledge is, in particular with atheists that most holy books though they differ in content are in some ways homogeneous. They all talk about some divine entity who created the universe and they can do absolutely everything; magic exists etc... and what I have not seen any demonstration of so far is *how*.

You may tell me we have a non physical soul, and I'll say that our thoughts and actions can be described purely by the mechanical workings of our brains and bodies (I had a long and interesting discussion about this with Finnegan a while back). I have absolutely no need or inclination to introduce a supernatural element. Indeed on many occasions I have asked for a demonstration that there are some facets of "me" that can only be described in terms of souls/magic/whatever... and all have come up short. in particular the responses are short-sighted in that they don't answer challenges such as: "if I drink alcohol, get drunk, and think differently as a consequence; is the purely physical alcohol affecting my supposed non physical soul?? and if so how???" or if I develop MS (I have) how is the so-called soul affected by the physical degradation of my brain (or more specifically the destruction of myelin sheath that facilitates the transfer of information across neurons). In short what role does this soul play and most importantly how?...why do I need to invoke the concept??? Parroting that we are all spiritual beings, and exist by the grace of some magical never perceived whilst srangely omni-present God, by decree, is of no value to me at all.

Moreover your god is one of many other formally defined gods out there, in addition to infinitely many that can be devised by me or others. What makes yours so special? How are you going to show this???
    Why should I go to the effort of spending 6 months reading the Vedanta when it could perhaps be spent reading for 6 months the Bible, then a further 6 the Koran, a further 6 reading whatever counts as holy for Scientology, a further 6 reading about the holy book of Thor, a further 6...
    Or perhaps better spent non-hypocritically rejecting them all on the basis of no justification and inviting you refute any challenges to your offerings.

From a Christians perspective why should they throw away all their vested interests, throw away their faith and studies in favour of your religion? What makes your alternative any more appealing than theirs or some other religion?

Why must we accept that your beliefs really are unquestionably true???
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 11:181 edit
    To Aqerq

Alcohol doesn,t affect the soul, it affects your mind and senses.

Your questions have been answered by me, in my other postings.

You live on this planet, but you dont know what you are, where you are going, and where you came from......that is your position, and will stay your position forever, if you dont make spiritual enquiry from the Vedanta teachings.

If you are happy in your present circumstances, then do nothing, (and good luck with that)

vishva
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 20:471 edit
    If you would like to read something full of spiritual juice, this title if you google it, will be an interesting read.

Title: "The Sermon on the Mount According to Vedanta"

Vishva
    I have a wonderful spiritual juicer, known as "Science and Health" ( http://www.spirituality.com/dt/book_search.jhtml;jsessionid=FV4D5C1BES0FVKGL4LYCFEQ#jumpto ), that has healed many a thousand of people simply by reading it's revealing of one's true being..

This book is the world's wake up call to reality. In fact, If I were the richest man on the planet and I was with you discussing this book. I would bring to your attention with a slight share of words how I would take all of my "value" that is considered wealth, the riches that I owned, and place them all in the Hotels of Waikiki.

Remove all folk from the valley holding them, place armed detonators in each, then detonate them. Jump up on the rubble after the clearing, with the book in my hand and say "Here, this book is way richer.", then toss you the book!

There are 100 pages in it's back of folk being healed of any ailment that was "INVENTED", just by reading this grand book, that IS the key to the scriptures, and was published over 100 yrs. ago.

This is a testimony that can be found in the back of this book on page 607~

CATARACT QUICKLY CURED

I wish to add my testimony to those of others, and hope that it may be the means of bringing some poor sufferer to health, to happiness, and to God. I was healed through simply reading this wonderful book, Science and Health. I had been troubled periodically for many years with sore eyes, and had been to many doctors, who called the disease iritis and cataract. They told me that my eyes would always give me trouble, and that I would eventually lose my sight if I remained in an office, and advised me to go under an operation. Later on I had to wear glasses at my work, also out of doors as I could not bear the winds, and my eyes were gradually becoming worse. I could not read for longer than a few minutes at a time, otherwise they would smart severely. I had to rest my eyes each evening to enable me to use them the next day; in fact gas-light was getting unbearable because of the pain, and I made home miserable. A dear brother told me about Christian Science, and said that if I would read Science and Health it would help me. He procured for me the loan of the book. The first night I read it, it so interested me I quite forgot all about my eyes until my wife remarked that it was eleven o'clock. I found that I had been reading this book for nearly four hours, and I remarked immediately after, "I believe my eyes are cured," which was really the case. The next day, on looking at my eyes, my wife noticed that the cataract had disappeared. I put away my outdoor glasses, which I have not required since, and through the understanding gained by studying Christian Science I have been able to do away with my indoor glasses also, and have had no return of pain in my eyes since. This is now a year and a half ago.--G. F. S., Liverpool, England.

Written 100 yrs. ago
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 03:00
    To Tacoandlettuce

Thanks for the Title.....will do.

vishva
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 04:10
    I'm not against hurting someone's feelings per se - I do it all the time. But ridiculing them because of their beliefs? Well, I know I do that and have done that, but you seem to be on a bit of a roll lately ...
    Then I apologise.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 04:441 edit
    To Tacoandlettuce

Another Christian science advocate is Joel Goldsmith, and at one time in my life I had all his books,....I loved them.

Google Joel Gold Smith and get ready for a wonderfull experience.

Christian science is where fundamentalist christians have become connected to inner-truth and have begun to see clearly,.....its welcoming.

vishva
  15. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 04:56
    Hey, thank you, I will check him out! =]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree