1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 23:35
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I do not believe in creationism. However, it is worth pointing out that evolution is just a story as well...one that keeps evolving.
    Ah! But creationism isn't changing.

Oddly enough, evolution has to keep changing because it has so many contradictions in it.

That ones for you shavixmir. 😲
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 00:01
    Originally posted by josephw
    Ah! But creationism isn't changing.

Oddly enough, evolution has to keep changing because it has so many contradictions in it.

That ones for you shavixmir. 😲
    And these contradictions are?

Actually, most scientific theories change - this is pretty much the hallmark of science. As we learn more, we refine and redefine our understanding of the world.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 00:30
    That was dumb of me.
    I think it was a Freudian slip. 😉
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 00:31
    The theory of evolution contradicts reality.

Space, matter, and time didn't just simply appear out of nowhere. The fact that everything exists is evidence that it all had a beginning.
    And since it is irrational to suggest that everything came from nothing, the only conclusion is that everything was created.

Some believe that after God created everyth ...[text shortened]... holars around, and they contradict each other about everything. Fortunately we can believe God.
    God contradicts himself, and is little more than an excuse for reality. What evidence do you have for this fairytale?

The Theory of Evolution has nothing whatsoever to do with Big Bang Theory. Evolutionary theory is elegant, makes testable predictions and has been reconfirmed many times over.

Your argument that we can't know what happened because no-one was there is the highest of fallacious arguments. There must be a lot of unsolved murders in your town, since no-one can solve the crimes or convict anyone, since they weren't there!

So, my advice, read the theory of evolution, read the copious amounts of data, watch some evolution lectures (Ken Miller, brown university gives a good one in a discussion of the Dover trial) and learn about this process that you are so adamant to destroy based upon only ignorance.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 00:32
    I could go on and on. Do you see what I mean?
    You do.

I doubt anyone else will ever see what you mean.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 00:351 edit
    Evolution is to me as creationism is to you.

I know the feeling!😕
    No, Creationism is still a lie.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 00:48
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I do not believe in creationism. However, it is worth pointing out that evolution is just a story as well...one that keeps evolving.
    No it's not just a story. It's a theory backed by a simply massive amount of data and scientific research, it is not in any way comparable to the biblical account, nor any other story.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 01:502 edits
    Originally posted by Retrovirus
    Is the major problem with the evolution theory is that it contradicts the Bible?

Lets hear what a famous religious scholar and philosopher has to say about it:

"...What the Torah writes about the Account of Creation is not all to be taken literally, as believed by the masses" (Guide to the Perplexed II:29, Maimonides).

Well?
    Yes, I started a similar thread about Miamanides and his book. He has a lot to say about Genesis. In fact, you might be interested in a book called "Genesis and the Big Bang" by Dr. Gerald Shroeder in which he brings up ancient Jewish commentaries by rabbis on the Torah concerning Genesis such as Maimonides. At times it is as though they peered into the future and took a peek at what modern day science has to say about evolution.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 02:24
    Space, matter, and time didn't just simply appear out of nowhere.

That has nothing to do with the TOE.
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 02:37
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]Space, matter, and time didn't just simply appear out of nowhere.

That has nothing to do with the TOE.[/b]
    Well actually, since TOE is usually taken to mean Theory of Evolution then they do have everything to do with it ...
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 02:55
    Originally posted by amannion
    Well actually, since TOE is usually taken to mean Theory of Evolution then they do have everything to do with it ...
    Must have been a Freudian slip there - I suspect you mean "Theory of Everything".
  12. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 03:31
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Must have been a Freudian slip there - I suspect you mean "Theory of Everything".
    Yep, I didn't even pick it up tell you pointed it out.
    Thanks for that.
  13. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 04:27
    The theory of evolution contradicts reality.

Space, matter, and time didn't just simply appear out of nowhere. The fact that everything exists is evidence that it all had a beginning.
    And since it is irrational to suggest that everything came from nothing, the only conclusion is that everything was created.

Some believe that after God created everyth ...[text shortened]... holars around, and they contradict each other about everything. Fortunately we can believe God.
    One thing I don't get is this: there are debates about whether Homer really wrote the Odyssey, whether Shakespeare was only one person or existed at all and things like that. Any University Professor with integrity should fail a university paper that is based on an unreliable sources (not knowing who the author is let's say...) and yet we have no idea who literally wrote the Bible. Jews wrote the Torah but we don't know who they are. Some Christians wrote the new testament.

My point is this: Do you believe that God LITERALLY wrote the bible? With a pen? They didn't have those then...with a feather and ink? Hebrew the first time then English the second time around? I'm curious about your thoughts...
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 06:34
    Yes, TOE is short for Theory of Evolution, and no, they have nothing to do with it.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 06:35
    Yep, I didn't even pick it up tell you pointed it out.
    Thanks for that.
    Ahh, cute.

🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree