1. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 10:571 edit
    "You're trying to make me think, `Oo, what a nice young man, his god must be something special if nice young men like him helps old ladies like me'. . .I'll tell you this. . .if I'd seen [your god], really there, really alive, it'd be in me like a fever. If I thought there was some god who really did care two hoots about people, who watched 'em like a father and cared for 'em like a mother...well, you wouldn't catch me sayin' things like `There are two sides to every question,' and `We must respect other people's beliefs.' You wouldn't find me just being gen'rally nice in the hope that it'd all turn out right in the end. . ." And as the good woman goes on, "I don't think that's fashionable right now, 'cos it seems that if you sees evil now you have to wring your hands and say, `Oh deary me, we must debate this.'"

-some old hag called "granny weatherwax"
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 10:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 11:34
    He's saying (through the words of a Terry Pratchet character?) that if he thought there really was a god, he'd preach it form the roof tops and run around converting people at every turn, not being meek and humble and saying that although a person might not believe in god, we should still accept them and all that meek stuff. He'd be a righteous zealot of power and vocal prominence.

Basically non-evangelical is a bit wet and stuff like that.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 11:40

5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 12:13
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Thank you, but what do you mean by "evangelical is a bit wet"?
    Well, those who aren't preaching from the rooftops are too wimpish to have a forthright stance on god. If they truly believed, they'd get up and shout about it like evangelicals do.
  6. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 12:50
    Originally posted by Starrman
    He's saying (through the words of a Terry Pratchet character?) that if he thought there really was a god, he'd preach it form the roof tops and run around converting people at every turn, not being meek and humble and saying that although a person might not believe in god, we should still accept them and all that meek stuff. He'd be a righteous zealot of power and vocal prominence.

Basically non-evangelical is a bit wet and stuff like that.
    pretty much - yup. and your right about the terry pratchett character too, in carpe jugulum no less.
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 15:08

8. Not Kansas
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 15:33
    Christians should be seen and not heard ...😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree