To our atheist friends

To our atheist friends

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well, consider yourself busted on that one, robbie. I should be thankful that it took over ten pages for you to try it on like that, and that you'll think twice hereon in.
I think nothing of it FMF, a mere fly buzzing around my Chardonnay.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What relevance is the Bible to non-Christians and atheists? "Medical science" has not declared homosexuality immoral.
they have opinions about it FMF, they term those laws, barbaric. I did not state that it
had declared it immoral, your making things up now. A little fib FMF, oh dear,
considering your righteous indignation when i misunderstood a point you made only
seconds ago does not bode well for you. will i make you retract it, state that you are
busted and remind you not to do it again?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No but i do think that its a reasonable request for children to be asked to be obedient
to their parents. The privacy argument is quite weak, making whiskey in ones home
is illegal, shall i tell the government that what goes on behind closed doors is none of
their business when the customs and excise man comes to inspect my still?
No but i do think that its a reasonable request for children to be asked to be obedient to their parents.

Nice sidestep. Try again.

No revenue is lost to customs and excise when gay people have sex at home. Try again.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

I think nothing of it FMF, a mere fly buzzing around my Chardonnay.
You claiming that I believe that God spoke to the Israelites, in a subtle way, is central to your whole schtick here, moved goalposts and all. So it is quietly significant that I've busted you for lying about it, and no surprise that you cannot be bothered to go back and clear the matter up, because you cannot, it being a figment of one of your fibs and all.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

they have opinions about it FMF, they term those laws, barbaric. I did not state that it
had declared it immoral, your making things up now. A little fib FMF, oh dear,
considering your righteous indignation when i misunderstood a point you made only
seconds ago does not bode well for you. will i make you retract it, state that you are
busted and remind you not to do it again?
It is me who is saying that "Medical science" has not declared homosexuality immoral, not you.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]No but i do think that its a reasonable request for children to be asked to be obedient to their parents.

Nice sidestep. Try again.

No revenue is lost to customs and excise when gay people have sex at home. Try again.[/b]
I think asking the Israelite children to be obedient was a perfectly reasonable request,
yes the punishment was severe and acted like a deterrent, i bet there was no
delinquency back then, 4sure.

Its not a question of tax revenue its a question of legislation being acted upon and
binding whether its in the privacy of ones own home or not. If i take a hit of smack, in
the privacy of my own home, which hurts no one but me and i get busted, shall i say to
the judge, but its none of your business what i do in the privacy of my own home, you
are being unreasonable, hardly!

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
You claiming that I believe that God spoke to the Israelites, in a subtle way, is central to your whole schtick here, moved goalposts and all. So it is quietly significant that I've busted you for lying about it, and no surprise that you cannot be bothered to go back and clear the matter up, because you cannot, it being a figment of one of your fibs and all.
a mere trifling inconvenience as your powers of reasoning fade and you are forced into
the last bastion of the truly desperate, those without reason, the 'you are lying
argument'. How sad, for a worthy foe to meet his demise in this way.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
It is me who is saying that "Medical science" has not declared homosexuality immoral, not you.
well perhaps you should express yourself with greater clarity.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

a mere trifling inconvenience as your powers of reasoning fade and you are forced into
the last bastion of the truly desperate, those without reason, the 'you are lying
argument'. How sad, for a worthy foe to meet his demise in this way.
Attempting to declare yourself a winner from that smokey field just beyond the end of the runway is not going to distract from the fact that you claimed I believe that God spoke to the Israelites, when you know I don't, however much you wish I did. Your little fib goes to the very heart of what you've been trying on this thread from the start, first with the goalposts over here, and then with the goalposts over there.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

well perhaps you should express yourself with greater clarity.
I was crystal clear: what relevance is the Bible to non-Christians and atheists? And "Medical science" has not declared homosexuality immoral.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
Attempting to declare yourself a winner from that smokey field just beyond the end of the runway is not going to distract from the fact that you claimed I believe that God spoke to the Israelites, when you know I don't, however much you wish I did. Your little fib goes to the very heart of what you've been trying on this thread from the start, first with the goalposts over here, and then with the goalposts over there.
i have stated that if i have uttered an inaccuracy i will retract it, shall i also cutt out a
pound of flesh for you, Shylock?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Jan 12

I think asking the Israelite children to be obedient was a perfectly reasonable request,
yes the punishment was severe and acted like a deterrent, i bet there was no
delinquency back then, 4sure.

Its not a question of tax revenue its a question of legislation being acted upon and
binding whether its in the privacy of ones own home or not. I ...[text shortened]... of your business what i do in the privacy of my own home, you
are being unreasonable, hardly!
So you endorse the stoning of childern to death by the Israelites?! Iran currently stones women to death for adultery today, do you endorse that prcatice also by the Iranian regime. Incidentally, have you ever watched a video of someone being stoned to death? Here's a link to a 19 year old girl being stoned to death -

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/01/islamic-law-horrific-video-of-execution-of-girl-19-stoned-to-death-with-her-lover-for-running-away-f.html

As i've stated before, what goes on behind closed door between two consenting adults or more is no ones business. You beg differ.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
I was crystal clear: what relevance is the Bible to non-Christians and atheists? And "Medical science" has not declared homosexuality immoral.
they have opinions about it, can you explain why they have opinions if as you claim, its
irrelevant to them. Medical science has provided incontrovertible proof that sodomy is
unnatural.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

i have stated that if i have uttered an inaccuracy i will retract it, shall i also cutt out a
pound of flesh for you, Shylock?
If you have uttered an inaccuracy? Just retract it robbie, if you're going to. No need for "ifs". Go ahead. You said you will.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So you endorse the stoning of childern to death by the Israelites?! Iran currently stones women to death for adultery today, do you endorse that prcatice also by the Iranian regime. Incidentally, have you ever watched a video of someone being stoned to death? Here's a link to a 19 year old girl being stoned to death -

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.co behind closed door between two consenting adults or more is no ones business. You beg differ.
I did not say i condoned it, i merely said that the severity acted as a deterrent. I
would rather not watch your video if you dont mind, i dont really like watching violence
of any description. Asking a person to desist from homosexuality is not an
unreasonable request, you have not said why, other than to state that its no ones
business, hardly a reason at all, more a simple statement of opinion.