1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 08:07
    Originally posted by bill718
    Don't worry folks, I'm not going to preach to you, I'm sure you've heard enough of it anyway, and I know you're not buying any of it. Consider these 2 situations however:

* If a believer dies, and finds there is no God, his (or her) faith is misplaced and they are simply dead.

* If a Athiest dies, and finds the the Bible was correct, his (or her) athie ...[text shortened]... in their favor, so feel free to persist in your athiest views...but you had better be correct!😏
    This whole approach to rationalising the need to accept Christian belief through fear (I assume you don't mind me specifiing Christianity), is complete error in my opinion. Do you really think that the way to get people to come to The Lord is through fear? I respectfully suggest that you and those who hold this viewpoint should have a rethink.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 08:30
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    My reply provides two quotations on the topic of Christianity; perhaps you might reciprocate with a few on Islam.
    If I did, would you become a Muslim?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 08:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If I did, would you become a Muslim?
    Unsure about my capacity nowadays to handle a house full of seventy beautiful virgins. Seriously, you've been given the observations of Clive Staples Lewis without strings attached... simply for your objective consideration and reflection.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 09:03
    Unsure about my capacity nowadays to handle a house full of seventy beautiful virgins.
    You base your religious beliefs on your capacity to 'handle' whatever they claim to offer in heaven?

Seriously, you've been given the observations of Clive Staples Lewis without strings attached... simply for your objective consideration and reflection.
    And I am merely wondering what relevance you thought they had. Should I too consider and reflect on whether I have the capacity nowadays to handle choirs of angels singing endlessly?
    You expect me to give objective consideration to what you post, yet you show no objectivity nor consideration for what others post.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 09:18
    You base your religious beliefs on your capacity to 'handle' whatever they claim to offer in heaven?

[b]Seriously, you've been given the observations of Clive Staples Lewis without strings attached... simply for your objective consideration and reflection.

And I am merely wondering what relevance you thought they had. Should I too consider and ref ...[text shortened]... sideration to what you post, yet you show no objectivity nor consideration for what others post.[/b]
    Your decision to major on a minor thing [sidebar reference to an Islam reward]
    negates the Lewis rationales. Relevance? Apparently none. Thanks.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 09:35
    Your decision to major on a minor thing [sidebar reference to an Islam reward]
    negates the Lewis rationales. Relevance? Apparently none. Thanks.
    It was your decision to focus on the Islam reward. Thanks for admitting that it had no relevance.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 13:26
    It was your decision to focus on the Islam reward. Thanks for admitting that it had no relevance.
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page One)
    "Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." -C.S. Lewis "There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'" -C. S. Lewis (avowed atheist for decades in academic/intellectual circles in the UK)
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 16:111 edit
    Religion is man by man's efforts trying to gain God's approval (personal merit and works); Christianity is man's relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ (having accepted a grace gift). "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast." (Ephe ...[text shortened]... be compromised. Satan employs religion to lure naïve people away from this simple gospel truth.
    This is why we are warned to use discernment in all things.

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater just doesn't help. You cannot curse the entire Roman Catholic Church for the actions of a few priests, for example. In many third world countries around the globe, the RCC and other churches are the only thing between the poor and extinction. Their governments are usually corrupt so there won't be any help coming from anyone except the church. One must make a distinction between religion and the evil men using religion for their own ends. Remove Satan's influence (the evil men) from the organized churches and what's left will be the real church. Religion is NOT evil in and of itself.

If you really desire to see the difference, then you must recognize what I've said here. Bringing all churches down is NOT the answer. This IS what Satan is working for.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 18:04
    Unsure about my capacity nowadays to handle a house full of seventy beautiful virgins. Seriously, you've been given the observations of Clive Staples Lewis without strings attached... simply for your objective consideration and reflection.
    Isn't it clear now that twhitehead is not interested in objective consideration and reflection, but only in finding fault?
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 19:06
    Originally posted by bill718
    ..., so feel free to persist in your athiest views...
    I love the way the self-righteous allow others to have an opinion.
    Thank you Bill

In return I will allow you to pursue yours
    but consider
    what if Islam is correct?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree