1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 07:47
    Originally posted by Coletti
    It's really a great book - even though I think Rand's philosophy is crap - the book is a powerful presentation of her views.
    Why do you assert that it is 'crap?'

Nemesio
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 14:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 15:21
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    SEVEN pages go by and no one mentions "Left Behind"?

SEVEN!

This must truly be regarded as progress.
    Perhaps some folks have read the swill. I read a chapter online. It was worse than I feared.
  4. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 15:33
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    To quote the author's own words:

The Da Vinci Code is a novel and therefore a work of fiction. [b]While the book's characters and their actions are obviously not real, the artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals depicted in this novel all exist (for example, Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings, the Gnostic Gospels, Hieros Gamos, etc.). ...[text shortened]... d by fictional characters. *

---
    * http://www.danbrown.com/novels/davinci_code/faqs.html
    Sorry I'm about a month late on this, but-

I'm glad someone brough that up, L.H.. Dr.S., please note, after the standard legal disclaimer, that's what he has on the inside cover of his book, a copy of which, I am very proud not to own.

If he insists upon that statement, then he is either a real eejit who fell for a ridiculous scam, or a tremendous liar who wished to cash in on the gullibility of the average U.S. Oprah Winfrey Book Club reader or Australian backpacker called Bruce who read this tripe.
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 15:41
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Perhaps some folks have read the swill. I read a chapter online. It was worse than I feared.
    I think it would appeal more to the younger crowd. I got through the first one of the series (in an evening) and then just dropped it in disinterest.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 15:44
    Originally posted by sjeg
    Sorry I'm about a month late on this, but-

I'm glad someone brough that up, L.H.. Dr.S., please note, after the standard legal disclaimer, that's what he has on the inside cover of his book, a copy of which, I am very proud not to own.
    Pride is a deadly sin. Pride in such an accomplishment is worse than cancer.

Achieve something.
  7. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 15:49
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Pride is a deadly sin. Pride in such an accomplishment is worse than cancer.

Achieve something.
    You have a strong grasp of the concept of pride. Every parent who was ever proud their child had "achieved something", as you might say, is currently burning in eternal fire.

It is well known that Lucifer fell from heaven precisely because he was proud of himself for not having succumbed to the temptation of reading trashy, sensationalist pseudo-literature.
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 15:511 edit
    Originally posted by sjeg

You have a strong grasp of the concept of pride. Every parent who was ever proud their child had "achieved something", as you might say, is currently burning in eternal fire.

It is well known that Lucifer fell from heaven precisely because he was proud of himself for not having succumbed to the temptation of reading trashy, sensationalist pseudo-literature.
    It is? I never heard of that. Hopefully my parents are ashamed of having such an ignorant son.
  9. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 16:02
    Don't worry- I wouldn't doubt that for a second!

😛
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 19:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 20:30
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Really angry. Revenge fantasy - "one day, all those people who made fun of us are going to get THEIRS!!!". That kind of tripe.
    Perhaps revenge fantasy accounts for its appeal.

The writing is awful, as if two men who hate reading fiction decided to write some. The characters are wooden, the dialogue is contrived, and the action is forced.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree