1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 May '12 03:41
    Originally posted by Penguin
    [b]I replied: Do you agree that those fallacies are commonly used in creationist arguments? Can you see any of those fallacies in any of your arguments on this forum? I'd like to know what you think of this video and whether you have learned anything from it.

VoidSpirit replied: [i] posting links to videos does not make you open minded. ...[text shortened]... eve you are guilty of any of the fallacies presented?

We'd all love to know.

--- Penguin[/b]
    Yes, I am guilty and so are evolutionists and Atheists.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '12 12:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No, I am not saying that. I think evolutionists also use some of those same fallacies in their arguments.
    Can you show us, oh master, what logical inconsistencies those poor deluded atheists use as a matter of course?

What about THESE inconsistencies:

I dare you to read through this.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.html
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 May '12 14:451 edit
    I am saying if I am convinced by proof that one or more of my religious are wrong, then I will change my religious beliefs to fit the facts as I see them.
    You believe that the Bible is true word for word, yet whenever you are presented with proof to the contrary you refuse to believe it and just repeat the claim. That goes for almost every one of your beliefs / claims.
  4. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 May '12 21:13
    Yes, I am guilty and so are evolutionists and Atheists.
    Ok so if we point your use of these fallacies out to you in the future you will be happy to acknowledge the mistake and retract the arguments that rely on them?

For my part I would like to think I would happily do likewise if anyone points out such fallacies in my own arguments. As you say, we probably all use fallacious arguments from time to time.

--- Penguin.
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 May '12 23:35
    I admit I only watched about half of it, but at least I posted it. Why is that not enough, since you do not watch the other videos I post?
    i have better things to do than watch nonsense you link to. if you learn something from watching videos, you should have no problem articulating your position and putting them up for discussion.

but you never do, thus demonstrating that you either don't watch the videos that you yourself post, or that you haven't understood anything discussed in the videos. there is no point in other people watching them if you haven't watched them yourself or if you don't have the competence to discuss the material.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '12 01:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Can you show us, oh master, what logical inconsistencies those poor deluded atheists use as a matter of course?

What about THESE inconsistencies:

I dare you to read through this.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.html
    This is nonsense. If you knew the Holy Bible you would know it too. I am not going to go through all of them. If there are some that particular bothers you, then point them out and I will see if I can ease your mind.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '12 03:58
    This is nonsense. If you knew the Holy Bible you would know it too. I am not going to go through all of them. If there are some that particular bothers you, then point them out and I will see if I can ease your mind.
    I've already mentioned many time this one: A man is worth 50 shekels and a woman 35. Sure, a god would say that. Your god dislikes women. Perhaps it is gay.

That is only one.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '12 19:49
    I've already mentioned many time this one: A man is worth 50 shekels and a woman 35. Sure, a god would say that. Your god dislikes women. Perhaps it is gay.

That is only one.
    This has to do with the worth in physical labor. Some women are worth more that you and I are, according to Moses, because they have more endurance and can do more work than you can since you are getting old and feeble. Pretty soon you be worthless.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '12 20:07
    This has to do with the worth in physical labor. Some women are worth more that you and I are, according to Moses, because they have more endurance and can do more work than you can since you are getting old and feeble. Pretty soon you be worthless.
    There was no mention of labor in that biblical verse. You have to use rationalization to wiggle yourself out of that one. There is no rationalization for that verse, it means what is says, women are not worth as much as men. Inspired by god.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '12 22:32
    There was no mention of labor in that biblical verse. You have to use rationalization to wiggle yourself out of that one. There is no rationalization for that verse, it means what is says, women are not worth as much as men. Inspired by god.
    You are simply deceived by Satan and his delusions.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '12 00:02
    You are simply deceived by Satan and his delusions.
    As it turns out, I can read. So I guess those verses were written by the devil itself?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '12 01:45
    As it turns out, I can read. So I guess those verses were written by the devil itself?
    How about reading this then:

Who can find a virtuous wife?
    For her worth is far above rubies.
    (proverbs 31:10 NKJV)

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=13&article=3654
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '12 06:021 edit
    How about reading this then:

Who can find a virtuous wife?
    For her worth is far above rubies.
    (proverbs 31:10 NKJV)

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=13&article=3654
    In other words, the likelyhood of finding a great wife is very low, because women are worthless, clearly not worth the life of a man.

Besides which, you prove our point: inconsistencies in the bible, one verse says one thing, another verse says the opposite.

You can't have it both ways.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 May '12 00:42
    In other words, the likelyhood of finding a great wife is very low, because women are worthless, clearly not worth the life of a man.

Besides which, you prove our point: inconsistencies in the bible, one verse says one thing, another verse says the opposite.

You can't have it both ways.
    There are no inconsistencies in the Holy Bible. We can have a variety of value for both men and women. There are women worth far more than rubies in the Holy Bible and then on the other hand there are men who are worthless, like you. 😀 Ha ha ha. Just joking.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 May '12 12:58
    There are no inconsistencies in the Holy Bible. We can have a variety of value for both men and women. There are women worth far more than rubies in the Holy Bible and then on the other hand there are men who are worthless, like you. 😀 Ha ha ha. Just joking.
    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it just might be a duck. There are inconsistencies all over the bible. You want I just add a link or are you so sure of yourself you don't even want to examine the issue?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree