1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 May '18 08:28
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    My extremes of temperature experience are not quite as interesting as yours:

Dubai in August 50 degrees and Warsaw in February at -16 degrees.
    You were in Dubai and you didn't even say hi?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 May '18 08:29
    My extremes of temperature experience are not quite as interesting as yours:
    I like to think this would be true regardless of what experience we were talking about.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '18 08:322 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I like to think this would be true regardless of what experience we were talking about.
    What about the afterlife?

I would imagine that you, as vicious Christian hating child of Satan the Inquisitor, will experience some pretty severe warmth in your post-life environs..whilst I will be playing with the lambs and baby lions in the green and temperate pastures of paradise.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 May '18 08:431 edit

I would imagine that you, as vicious Christian hating child of Satan the Inquisitor, will experience some pretty severe warmth in your post-life environs..whilst I will be playing with the lambs and baby lions in the green and temperate pastures of paradise.
    I would still be able to tell the story better than you would, that's all I am saying.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 May '18 08:57

I would be a little cautious of the whole 'friendly lion' thing in paradise. It's highly likely that's been subject to Christian 'utopian exaggeration' and that lions in heaven are just as dangerous as they are here on Earth.

It might take the shine off heaven if your first experience is losing an arm patting something you really have no business patting, while St Peter looks on, shaking his head in disbelief.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '18 17:30
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I would be a little cautious of the whole 'friendly lion' thing in paradise. It's highly likely that's been subject to Christian 'utopian exaggeration' and that lions in heaven are just as dangerous as they are here on Earth.

It might take the shine off heaven if your first experience is losing an arm patting something you really have no business patting, while St Peter looks on, shaking his head in disbelief.
    Presumably having an arm torn off by a lion would include pain. Pain is not part of the new heaven and new earth.

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”

(Revelation 21:1-4)
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '18 22:51
    I had my arm tore off by a lion once; I got better though.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 May '18 06:25
    I had my arm tore off by a lion once; I got better though.
    That's a lie (on).

😞
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '18 10:00
    That's a lie (on).

😞
    Actually it’s a (monty) python
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 May '18 19:23
    Actually it’s a (monty) python
    Surreal British comedy at its best.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '18 20:221 edit
    Surreal British comedy at its best.
    “I got better”

YouTube
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '18 17:32
    “I got better”

[youtube]xzYO0joolR0[/youtube]
    Excellent stuff!
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 May '18 16:48

I wonder if there will be holidays for you chaps in heaven? Armageddon day, sinners burning in hell day, pat a friendly lion day?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree