1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 17:58
    Are all religions about transformation ? I know that is the attraction for me. That's the magical hope of being transformed somehow into something better, and happier through a religious or spiritual path. The sense that all is not right with the world, and yourself leads one into the domain of reaching out for help from beyond the physical world. Then the problem of finding Truth in the mist of a world based on faith can be problimatic to say the least. Somebody hit me with a magic wand and transform me into God like creature. Please.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 18:196 edits
    Originally posted by buckky
    Are all religions about transformation ? I know that is the attraction for me. That's the magical hope of being transformed somehow into something better, and happier through a religious or spiritual path. The sense that all is not right with the world, and yourself leads one into the domain of reaching out for help from beyond the physical world. Then the p b]

any questions, you are most welcome, perhaps others too may be able to help - regards robbie.
    Hi, yes, this is indeed what Christianity is about, i cannot vouch for other 'faiths', but you do not need a magic wand, just the scriptures and a willingness to apply the advice.

consider these small passage which reiterates what it is you are saying, from the words of Paul,

'Deaden, therefore, your body members that are upon the earth as respects fornication, uncleanness, sexual appetite, hurtful desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of those things the wrath of God is coming. In those very things you, too, once walked when you used to live in them. But now really put them all away from you, wrath, anger, badness, abusive speech, and obscene talk out of your mouth. Do not be lying to one another. Strip off the old personality with its practices, and clothe yourselves with the new personality, which through accurate knowledge is being made new according to the image of the One who created it, where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, foreigner, Scythian, slave, freeman, but Christ is all things and in all.

Accordingly, as Gods chosen ones, holy and loved, clothe yourselves with the tender affections of compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, mildness, and long-suffering. Continue putting up with one another and forgiving one another freely if anyone has a cause for complaint against another. Even as Jehovah freely forgave you, so do you also. But, besides all these things, clothe yourselves with love, for it is a perfect bond of union.

you will notice that Paul's advice is to try to desist from practices which God does not approve of, and this is possible. how? by putting on what the bible terms ' the new personality'.

this carries the idea of a complete transformation, a metamorphosis from one state to another. so complete should this transformation be is that it may be likened to a caterpillar, which becomes a chrysalis and eventually a butterfly, a total and complete transformation so that which was formerly is now unrecognizable!

how is this done? by considering the personage of the Christ and trying to cultivate these other qualities, its far from easy, but it can be done!

for a biblical definition of love, see 1 Corinthians13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a sounding piece of brass or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophesying and am acquainted with all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith so as to transplant mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body, that I may boast, but do not have love, I am not profited at all.

Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

any queries please do not hesitate to ask, perhaps others too would be glad to help, jaywill for example is good at expounding on scripture, regards robbie.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 18:29
    Are all religions about transformation ? I know that is the attraction for me. That's the magical hope of being transformed somehow into something better, and happier through a religious or spiritual path. The sense that all is not right with the world, and yourself leads one into the domain of reaching out for help from beyond the physical world. Then the p ...[text shortened]... y the least. Somebody hit me with a magic wand and transform me into God like creature. Please.
    I recommend that you simply decide what you want to be and then do your utmost to be that person. I suspect your real problem is low self esteem - possibly brought on by a belief that the life you are living is wrong.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 20:113 edits
    Are all religions about transformation ? I know that is the attraction for me. That's the magical hope of being transformed somehow into something better, and happier through a religious or spiritual path. The sense that all is not right with the world, and yourself leads one into the domain of reaching out for help from beyond the physical world. Then the p ...[text shortened]... y the least. Somebody hit me with a magic wand and transform me into God like creature. Please.
    The transformation that you long for is because we come into this world damaged. It is a yearning simply to be normal when humanity has been damaged by sin and alienation from God.

But you will find, if you receive Christ as your Savior, that in many ways you really don't want to change as bad as you think you do. Okay, some unpleasant things about yourself you wish would change. But when Christ comes into your heart to really do a transformation work, you'll be surprised that at times you will really put up quite a resistence.

At any rate if you want to get started in a practical way I suggest this:

Start each day spending a little time in prayer and in the Word of God. If your day starts at 7:00 am rise a little earlier and spend time with Jesus by calling on His name, confessing your sins and reading some of the Bible aloud and prayerfully. Before you read aloud ask God to cleanse you of the sins of the previous day and of the night in the precious blood of Christ. Confess your sins in detail as you become aware of them. And read aloud if you can a chapter of a book like John or Luke (to begin with).

You might start to do this for 10 to 15 minutes each morning. Let Jesus Christ know that He is the first transaction of the day. Begin you day with Jesus opening your heart to Him in prayer. Then read aloud some Gospel - perhaps a chapter or two each morning.

If you allow this Spirit of Jesus Christ to come into you this way He will begin to operate. First you will know it. Then people around you will notice the difference in you.

You know in chess it is important in the early game to get some control of the center of the board. It is similar in the Christian life. It is important to develop the habit of letting Christ get control of your first hours of wakefulness. Let your time with God be the first transaction of the day.

"So then if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old things have passed away; behold, they have become new." (2 Cor. 5:17)

Start your day with Jesus Christ. Before the world makes its demands on you, start your first waking moments with Jesus. Try to reserve the first 15 minutes with Him. Latter you can work your way up to more time if God leads you.

http:\\www.callingonthelord.org
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 21:49
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The transformation that you long for is because we come into this world damaged. It is a yearning simply to be normal when humanity has been damaged by sin and alienation from God.

But you will find, if you receive Christ as your Savior, that in many ways you really don't want to change as bad as you think you do. Okay, some unpleasant things about yours ...[text shortened]... an work your way up to more time if God leads you.

http:\\www.callingonthelord.org
    How do we come into this world damaged? I thought we got damaged after we've been here a while.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 22:22
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    How do we come into this world damaged? I thought we got damaged after we've been here a while.
    David had a deep realization of how much he was in need of God's salvation after his affair with Bethsheba. We can read about his repentence in Psalm 51. He includes these words:

"Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me." (Psalm 51:5)

Basically I take this to mean that he got off to a bad start even from birth.

Man's nature is corrupted by the fall of Adam. The entire human race is corrupted. Many deeds of corruption among people were invented by the fallen human nature.

The sphere of curruption includes everyone, every society, every group, and every family.

Along with Psalm 51 the Bible wants to impress us that the problem is so deep that it goes back even to birth:

"The wicked are estranged from the womb ..." (Psalm 58:3)

Seeing how deep seated our problem of sin and the sinful nature is helps us to realize the depth of our need for Christ and His salvation. It should.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 01:16
    Originally posted by jaywill
    David had a deep realization of how much he was in need of God's salvation after his affair with Bethsheba. We can read about his repentence in Psalm 51. He includes these words:

[b]"Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me." (Psalm 51:5)

Basically I take this to mean that he got off to a bad start even ...[text shortened]... ture is helps us to realize the depth of our need for Christ and His salvation. It should.[/b]
    So we must learn to open the depths of our being in prayer and eat and drink of Christ the Spirit.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=%23%21L3%28%0A
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 02:04
    Focus your energy into finding out everything you can about Jesus Christ in God's word the Bible.

The transformation you need and are looking for will be found AFTER you have trusted in what Jesus did for you at the cross.

Do it in that order.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 08:33
    Who asks these questions?
    Who replies to these questions?

Nothing Holy 😵
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 09:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    Focus your energy into finding out everything you can about Jesus Christ in God's word the Bible.

The transformation you need and are looking for will be found AFTER you have trusted in what Jesus did for you at the cross.

Do it in that order.
    In other words "Self delusion is the best psychotherapy". 🙂
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 09:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I see you are also a disciple of Dr Frans Tormation.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 11:40
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I see you are also a disciple of Dr Frans Tormation.
    Who is that? The only reference I could find on the internet was a Rugby coach.
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 15:05
    Who is that? The only reference I could find on the internet was a Rugby coach.
    transformation😵
  14. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 17:20
    Thanks for the tip on how to attain transformatiom, but I've tried what you are suddesting only to come away from the experience feeling like I had been sold another grand over statement. Follow these guidelines, and the heavens will part, and now I'm in bliss. It never works that way. It does work that way in the beginning stages of a new path. I know I've tried many. After a while of seeing, and experienceing nothing more than a mood making factory I bowed out. Like I said before sometimes I fear I might be unfertile ground. The seed does take hold for me. I'm left with longing not fullfillment.
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 17:43
    Thanks for the tip on how to attain transformatiom, but I've tried what you are suddesting only to come away from the experience feeling like I had been sold another grand over statement. Follow these guidelines, and the heavens will part, and now I'm in bliss. It never works that way. It does work that way in the beginning stages of a new path. I know I've ...[text shortened]... be unfertile ground. The seed does take hold for me. I'm left with longing not fullfillment.
    Why is it so difficult? Oh maybe it is because my English is funny; so I come again;

You ask. This is your mind. I reply. This is my mind. If I were mindless how could I reply? If you were mindless how could you ask?
    Seeking for "transformation" apart from your own mind is futile; you appear to think that "enlightenment" is a quality out of your mind, but such a space exists not. So right now, when you are looking for "transformation/ enlightement" somewhere out of your own mind, you just try to catch the Space. But you cannot catch the Space, for it is shapeless. Therefore Space is unconceivable.

"Transformation/ enlightement" is a projection of your mind.
    What is the nature of your mind?

Nothing Holy😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree