1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 17:57
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Why is it so difficult? Oh maybe it is because my English is funny; so I come again;

You ask. This is your mind. I reply. This is my mind. If I were mindless how could I reply? If you were mindless how could you ask?
    Seeking for "transformation" apart from your own mind is futile; you appear to think that "enlightenment" is a quality out of your min ...[text shortened]... ement" is a projection of your mind.
    What is the nature of your mind?

Nothing Holy😵
    I like that idea. The Hindhus have looked at the nature of things like that for a long time. It has a great appeal to me. It always has. It a hard one to pull though. The Zen be in the moment thing is no small task. I realize all of my experience is in my mind or conciousness and I can create a Hell or what ever with my state of mind. Broaden the cousiousness, and experience more reality. Clear the mud away.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 18:04
    Originally posted by buckky
    I like that idea. The Hindhus have looked at the nature of things like that for a long time. It has a great appeal to me. It always has. It a hard one to pull though. The Zen be in the moment thing is no small task. I realize all of my experience is in my mind or conciousness and I can create a Hell or what ever with my state of mind. Broaden the cousiousness, and experience more reality. Clear the mud away.
    Nonsense; move on beyond thinking.-

Nothing Holy😵
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 21:26
    In my experience with Jesus Christ, I have learned that transformation is not something that He is waiting for us the beg for, for purely our own happiness' sake Rather God needs our transformation to fulfill the purpose of God. This changes the way I pray and ask Him for transformation.

Since it is His good pleasure and needed to have the forgiven sinner transformed I may pray:

"Lord Jesus, you need and must have my transformation into your image for the building of your kingdom. I do not ask for this transformation just for my happiness or my freedom alone. Lord Jesus, I ask you to fulfill your need to conform me to your image for your eternal purpose."

In other words He died on the cross not only to shed His blood for the cleansing of our sins. He died and rose every bit just as much for our transformation. This is why Jesus changed the name of His leading disdiple from Simon to Peter. The changing of his name represents the transformation that God was to accomplish in him.

To build His church Christ needed to work a transformation in Peter's being to make him a living stone in the living buiding of Christ. Here is where firstly Jesus speaks this and secondly where the Apostle Peter reaffirms the same idea.

1.) "And Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in the heavens.

And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it." (MAtt. 16:16-18)

The rock is not Peter. The rock is the revelation that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God. Peter which means "stone" is a part of the living building that Christ is building on earth. A "building" of transformed human beings. They are saved by Christ and tranformed by His salvation to build a church which is indestructible.

I have the boldness to remind God that He is the one who is in need of my transformation. His covenant, His prophecy, and His promise and word require that He transform me. I do not need to beg. I need to have faith and thank and praise Him for this transformation.

Of course as He operates in me this gradual and gentle tranformation I should cooperate, with faith and thanksgiving.

Now we see Peter reminding the other believers that they also are living stones being built up into a spiritual house to contain God in a corporate way. That is as a living temple for God, the church:

"You yourselves also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house ... for it is contained in Scripture: 'Behold, I lay in Zion a coornerstone, chosen and precious; and he who believes on Him shall by no means be put to shame." (See 1 Peter 2:4-6)

I am trying to show you that your prayers to God for transformation should be bold and based upon the promise and purpose of God.

"God, my Father, your Son died that I might be cleansed from my sins AND TRANSFORMED for your building, your holy temple. Lord, transform me. Lord build me into your holy and living house according to your word."

Transformation, therefor is not my wish my thought. It is my decision. It is my decision to go along with the will of God. Each day I thank Him and try to cooperate with Him for one day's worth of transformation. It takes a life time. So we should not waste time.

How much we enjoy the coming age on this earth depends much on how much we allow Christ to perform His transformation over our souls. So I suggest that you decide to allow the Spirit of Christ to begin the transformational work in your soul.

If you have not begun this journey the first step is to be transformed into a filthy and guilty sinner into one cleansed in the redeeming blood of Jesus, washed of your sins, and filled with Jesus the Lord and Savior. Allow the Savior Jesus to come into your heart.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree