1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 06:18
    Originally posted by e4chris
    The Father and the Son are quite easy to explain. But the Holy Spirit I know puzzles people who have been in the church a while.

I believe in it, and that it has a purpose for us. I used to work as a data analyst and people are so predictable, shop spending for example happens in very predictable waves, if you plot it on a graph it looks like a heartbeat ...[text shortened]... an form complex patterns. Its there. I wonder if it refers to the Bible too, as a product of it?
    What do you mean by "it"? What translation of the Holy Bible are you reading that refers to the Holy Spirit as "it"?

The Instructor
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 06:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Here is more on this:

Personification does not prove personality.

It is true that Jesus spoke of the holy spirit as a “helper” and spoke of such helper as ‘teaching,’ ‘bearing witness,’ ‘giving evidence,’ ‘guiding,’ ‘speaking,’ ‘hearing,’ and ‘receiving.’ In so doing, the original Greek shows Jesus at times applying the personal p ...[text shortened]... ample of conformity to grammatical rules, not an expression of doctrine.—Joh 14:16, 17; 16:7, 8.
    So when Jesus told His disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, does that mean to you the name of two persons and an it?

The Instructor
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 07:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What do you mean by "it"? What translation of the Holy Bible are you reading that refers to the Holy Spirit as "it"?

The Instructor
    You've stumped me there what should I call the Holy Spirit? 🙂
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 15:50
    Originally posted by e4chris
    You've stumped me there what should I call the Holy Spirit? 🙂
    The English translations of the Holy Bible that I read uses the pronoun "He" for the person of the Holy Spirit just like is used for the person of the Father and the person of the Son.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree