Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 06:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    John 14:16
    John 14:26
    John 15:26
    These surely make it clear that God sends the holy spirit forth?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 11:00
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    These surely make it clear that God sends the holy spirit forth?
    I was looking at the King James Version of the Holy Bible. Look at those verses from that translation and see what you think. You make up your mind if you agree with the western or the eastern Church or neither. It is all up to you. I have no more for you.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 11:30
    Well will you at least admit that the Watchtower Society is wrong when they say Jesus was once Michael the archangel? That was never taught or mentioned in the holy Bible.

You know that the Word became the Son (John 1), so why doesn't the following two verses teach the trinity?

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the nam ...[text shortened]... , the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 John 5:7 KJV)
    Nope and no arguements about the facts I posted? Can you show by scripture that those are not correct?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 11:32
    Why, if the Godhead is a mystery, do folks try to explain it?

Why, if the source of truth concerning the Godhead is taken from the Word of God, do folks say the Godhead is a mystery?

Why, if the Godhead is explained by the Word of God, do folks have different ideas about the a Godhead?

Because the Word of God is not understood by the reader. The Word of God is clear, but the reader isn't.

Romans 14:5b
    Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 15:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Nope and no arguements about the facts I posted? Can you show by scripture that those are not correct?
    I have been over this before with you guys and both of you get amnesia everytime. So I am going to pass this time, since I have determined that you don't want to know the truth anyway.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 18:38
    I have been over this before with you guys and both of you get amnesia everytime. So I am going to pass this time, since I have determined that you don't want to know the truth anyway.
    Good answer as you know you can't as you never have.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 19:12
    Heresies

Modalism

Modalism, also called Sabellianism, is the unorthodox belief that God is one person who has revealed himself in three forms or modes in contrast to the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons. According to Modalism, during the incarnation, Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or rol ...[text shortened]... rsons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."

http://www.theopedia.com/Modalism
    Oh my gosh thank you so much for this link to someone who agrees with your point of view. I now completely renounce my point of view and will listen to you.

🙄
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 19:17
    That's it RJ.

Obfuscate, deny and repeat. It is the holy trinity of the beguiled.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 09:07
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Good answer as you know you can't as you never have.
    That is your amnesia that I was referring to.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 11:38
    That is your amnesia that I was referring to.
    Lol..... Oh well at least you try.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Aug '14 03:383 edits
    Originally posted by josephw

Why, if the source of truth concerning the Godhead is taken from the Word of God, do folks say the Godhead is a mystery?

Why, if the Godhead is explained by the Word of God, do folks have different ideas about the a Godhead?

Because the Word of God is not understood by the reader. The Wor ...[text shortened]... clear, but the reader isn't.

Romans 14:5b
    Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
    The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit - three in one God.

That is a statement of fact, not an explanation of the Godhead. Where did you come up with the idea it was explaining the Godhead? That seems to make the Godhead more of a mystery to me.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

(1 Timothy 3:16)
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Aug '14 11:481 edit
    Originally posted by josephw

Maybe because God is so enjoyable that they want to.

Something like "the birds and the bees" was used as a catch phrase to explain sex.

Folks say it because the Bible says it TO folks.
    Scripture says "the mystery of God, Christ" (Col. 2:2)

Can you blame folks for just saying what the Bible said about this?

When we are short on experience, we tend to have different arguments and opinions.

Notice I did say "we".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree