True freedom

True freedom

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kellyjay said
True freedom, I should have clarified, wasn't just for the individual, but us all. I agree double standard and anarchy would be issues without limitations.
Hmmmmm, I guess your freedom depends on who you are, then.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
I think you’re under-estimating (or failing to recognize) the power of God’s Holy Spirit that indwells a believer the moment that the believer accepts and believes in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection.

That believer becomes a new creation with a new heart and new desires that are not at all like his or her old sin nature.

People overcome bad and sinful habits by reali ...[text shortened]... ousness of God in Christ. See 2 Corinthians 5:21.

When Christians believe right, they live right.
He feels that simply belonging to a church condemns that person.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Nov 21

@suzianne said
Hmmmmm, I guess your freedom depends on who you are, then.
No, actually if that were true then freedom would only be allowed for a select few wouldn't it?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kellyjay said
No, actually if that were true then freedom would only be allowed for a select few wouldn't it?
Do you mean like it IS in the world?

Moves
26 Nov 21
2 edits

@kellyjay said
Can you have freedom without constraints, rules, and laws?
Well, duh! 😉

But reading between your words for what might have been your intent, I do understand the value of guidance for finding the compass point that's off the compass.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@suzianne said
He feels that simply belonging to a church condemns that person.
Who is the “he” in your post?

If it’s me, I don’t feel that way at all, but I don’t think going to church makes someone a Christian.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
Who is the “he” in your post?

If it’s me, I don’t feel that way at all, but I don’t think going to church makes someone a Christian.
Oh, never mind. I think you were referring to the person I had replied to

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Nov 21

@suzianne said
Do you mean like it IS in the world?
There is chaos in the world; people are doing all manner of things because they are not living with constraints.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kellyjay said
There is chaos in the world; people are doing all manner of things because they are not living with constraints.
Actually, they’re not walking in the Spirit.

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
Well if the Spirit could somehow manage to be omnipresent, that would never happen, would it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
Well if the Spirit could somehow manage to be omnipresent, that would never happen, would it?
Just because Christians have God’s Holy Spirit indwelling them, that doesn’t mean they give up their free will. The Holy Spirit is not a dictator. Paul talks about the struggle between the Spirit and the flesh in Galatians, and, in Romans 7, he talks about it as well.

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
Just because Christians have God’s Holy Spirit indwelling them, that doesn’t mean they give up their free will. The Holy Spirit is not a dictator. Paul talks about the struggle between the Spirit and the flesh in Galatians, and, in Romans 7, he talks about it as well.
Paul probably had mental issues.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
Paul probably had mental issues.
Paul didn’t write Acts, though he did write Romans. Luke wrote Acts.

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kellyjay said
There is certainly a lack of self-restraint in some cases, and vigilante volunteerism in others.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
True