1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 01:24
    Trust in your own good deeds or the finished work of Christ?

So are you going to trust in your own good deeds or are you going to trust in the finished work of Christ and the work he does through you that he prepared in advance for you to do after you accept his free gift of salvation through him?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 01:27
    Originally posted by @rbhill

So are you going to trust in your own good deeds or are you going to trust in the finished work of Christ and the work he does through you that he prepared in advance for you to do after you accept his free gift of salvation through him?
    Man's wisdom at its best.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 01:28
    Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 01:31
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose
    So you do agree that is God doing the good work in you though right? That’s what that versus saying.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 01:35
    So you do agree that is God doing the good work in you though right? That’s what that versus saying.
    The only good work starts with God's work in a man's heart.

No good works, no God at work.
  6. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 01:45
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The only good work starts with God's work in a man's heart.

No good works, no God at work.
    There isn't a single Christian I've ever heard of that does "no good works." Not one. Do you know any?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 01:46

Did Jesus say any such thing?
    Whose doctrine do you trust?
    The doctrine of Christ
    The doctrine of the church
    Which is it?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 01:58
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    There isn't a single Christian I've ever heard of that does "no good works." Not one. Do you know any?
    ToO claims to be a Christian but has no good works at best a white washed tomb.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree