Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

1. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    16 Jun '18 01:24
    Trust in your own good deeds or the finished work of Christ?

So are you going to trust in your own good deeds or are you going to trust in the finished work of Christ and the work he does through you that he prepared in advance for you to do after you accept his free gift of salvation through him?
  2. 16 Jun '18 01:27
    Originally posted by @rbhill

So are you going to trust in your own good deeds or are you going to trust in the finished work of Christ and the work he does through you that he prepared in advance for you to do after you accept his free gift of salvation through him?
    Man's wisdom at its best.
  3. 16 Jun '18 01:28
    Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose
  4. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    16 Jun '18 01:31
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose
    So you do agree that is God doing the good work in you though right? That’s what that versus saying.
  5. 16 Jun '18 01:35
    So you do agree that is God doing the good work in you though right? That’s what that versus saying.
    The only good work starts with God's work in a man's heart.

No good works, no God at work.
  6. Subscriber Tom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    16 Jun '18 01:45
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The only good work starts with God's work in a man's heart.

No good works, no God at work.
    There isn't a single Christian I've ever heard of that does "no good works." Not one. Do you know any?
  7. Standard member Rajk999
    Enjoying
    16 Jun '18 01:46

Did Jesus say any such thing?
    Whose doctrine do you trust?
    The doctrine of Christ
    The doctrine of the church
    Which is it?
  8. 16 Jun '18 01:58
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    There isn't a single Christian I've ever heard of that does "no good works." Not one. Do you know any?
    ToO claims to be a Christian but has no good works at best a white washed tomb.