Originally posted by Rajk999
The Bible speaks of two Kingdoms. Im not certain myself of the details. If there are any learned Christians out there willing to discuss and share ideas, please participate.
For starters here is one passage:
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits;
afterward they ...[text shortened]... im that put all things under him,
that God may be all in all. (1 Corinthians 15:22-28 KJV)
Some of the characteristics of these two Kingdoms:
Restoration of Israel / World Period
- Jesus Christ reigns and is King of Israel, sits on Davids throne for 1000 yrs
- Satan bound in the beginning of this period
- Sin and evil still exists
- Saints rule over the mortal humans
- Death still exists and is only eliminated at the every end.
- Satan and his followers are eliminated.
- The final judgment of Matt 25 and Rev 20 ends this period and starts the next.
Characteristics of the Kingdom of God / New Jerusalem
- God reigns for all eternity and has been prepared from the foundation of the world
- Jesus Christ's reign with His saints is over, all are subservient to God
- God is all in all meaning that all in this Kingdom are perfected immortal Saints
- no sin and evil in this Kingdom
- no mortal bodies in this Kingdom all are eternal beings