1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 10:41
    Originally posted by Nimzovik
    Nothing could be further from the truth. Christians propose an absolute truth. An objective good and objective evil. Atheists are dangerous people period. If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything. The insidious evil of the atheist is the extrapolation that Humans -via evolution or whichever mechanism they choose, ultimately results in mankind ...[text shortened]... hat Atheists are the ultimate child molester. If one can not see this they are irretreivable.
    That is not all the truth. They do petition for peoples right to life...so long as it is to save a mass murderer. 😛
  2. Maryland
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 10:45
    [b]Nothing could be further from the truth. Christians propose an absolute truth. An objective good and objective evil. Atheists are dangerous people period.
    How come then, there are very few atheists in prison. Roughly 14% of the population is atheist, but only 1% of the prison population is atheist. Also, Hitler was a Catholic, and the Holocaust would not have happened accept for pre existing religious animosity. Thus the biggest crime of the 20th century was inspired by religion. By the way, a strong argument can be made with documented evidence that Abraham Lincoln was an atheist.

I feel safer in a room full of atheists than a room full of religious fanatics!
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 11:04
    Originally posted by 667joe
    How come then, there are very few atheists in prison. Roughly 14% of the population is atheist, but only 1% of the prison population is atheist. Also, Hitler was a Catholic, and the Holocaust would not have happened accept for pre existing religious animosity. Thus the biggest crime of the 20th century was inspired by religion. By the way, a strong argum ...[text shortened]... an atheist.

I feel safer in a room full of atheists than a room full of religious fanatics!
    Some religious people can convince themselves that anything is gods will. If it is gods will then he should do whatever it is to help god out. Even if he gets a little reward for himself by doing it. The movie Ordained To Kill is a good example of it.
  4. Maryland
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 11:58
    The woman who drowned her 5 children in Texas 5 years ago did so with religious motivation. She was (is) a Christian. It did her children alot of good. ( A Christian will say it did do them good, because it got them into heaven. What dangerous malarky.)
  5. Joined
    25 Sep '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 20:021 edit
    Deep sigh... Careful what you assimilate without critcal thinking. The thought that the Pope was a proponent of Hitler in WW2 has been debunked. Several texts have addressed this issue. Evil always tries to blame Good for its nefarious actions. Just like people that wish to fight against their own conscience. As far as the rubbish about religious fanatics is concerned we could speak forever about miscponceptions. The quote regarding atheists in prison compared to religious people is ....well in a word ....ludicrous. If one is trully wishing to understand a true religion one must not address pathology.... one must ,like Abraham Maslow suggests...address the ideal. I say this not in the philosophical sense but in the perceivables sense. I present one Teresa of Calcutta as such an example. Study wellness gentlemen. Not illness. That simple. Note I do not speak for all religions. I speak for Christianity. Note: Hitler also claimed to be Christian to suit his purposes. The question is..."Was he a TRUE Christian?" I think not. Only those that PRACTICE the precepts of Christ's commandments are Christians. Period. Do not the Scriptures say (paraphrasing here...) Many will call me lord on that day etc....with the response of "Begone I do not know you..."
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 20:10
    Deep sigh... Careful what you assimilate without critcal thinking. The thought that the Pope was a proponent of Hitler in WW2 has been debunked. Several texts have addressed this issue. Evil always tries to blame Good for its nefarious actions. Just like people that wish to fight against their own conscience. As far as the rubbish about religious fanat ...[text shortened]... any will call me lord on that day etc....with the response of "Begone I do not know you..."
    Only those that PRACTICE the precepts of Christ's commandments are Christians. Period. Do not the Scriptures say (paraphrasing here...) Many will call me lord on that day etc....with the response of "Begone I do not know you..."

Then there are very few Christians. From what I can tell, the vast majority continue to sin. What's more a great number of those believe that it's impossible for them to stop committing sin even though Jesus says that they can stop if they continue in His word.
  7. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 00:08
    Deep sigh... Careful what you assimilate without critcal thinking. The thought that the Pope was a proponent of Hitler in WW2 has been debunked. Several texts have addressed this issue. Evil always tries to blame Good for its nefarious actions. Just like people that wish to fight against their own conscience. As far as the rubbish about religious fanat ...[text shortened]... any will call me lord on that day etc....with the response of "Begone I do not know you..."
    By your pronouncement, unless you have sold all your property and donated it to the poor, you are not a Christian.
  8. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 01:31
    Nothing could be further from the truth. Christians propose an absolute truth. An objective good and objective evil. Atheists are dangerous people period. If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything. The insidious evil of the atheist is the extrapolation that Humans -via evolution or whichever mechanism they choose, ultimately results in mankind ...[text shortened]... hat Atheists are the ultimate child molester. If one can not see this they are irretreivable.
    Hahahahahahahaha......you are funny!
  9. Joined
    25 Sep '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 05:215 edits
    Indeed.....What have we to thank atheists-non Christians- for eh wot? Cloning? Abortion? Thalidamide? Nuclear weapons? Tecnology run amok? Drug Abuse? Gangs? Rape a la Roman Polanski? Genetic engineering? Despots? Pohl Pot? Stalin? Manson? Chris Matthews of MSNBC? Gasp! Michael Moore? Christians are indeed flawed in the general sense. I will still compare the ideal - such as Mother Teresa of Calcutta to any atheist. Christians at least have a creed to which they aspire. Atheists? What creed do they have? Evolution? Me first? Life in the ID lane? Pray tell just what -and I am not being rhetorical here- what BENEFICIAL philosophy can a Atheist possibly advocate to which more than say 20,000 people can agree to?
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 10:28
    Indeed.....What have we to thank atheists-non Christians- for eh wot? Cloning? Abortion? Thalidamide? Nuclear weapons? Tecnology run amok? Drug Abuse? Gangs? Rape a la Roman Polanski? Genetic engineering? Despots? Pohl Pot? Stalin? Manson? Chris Matthews of MSNBC? Gasp! Michael Moore? Christians are indeed flawed in the general sense. I will s ...[text shortened]... AL philosophy can a Atheist possibly advocate to which more than say 20,000 people can agree to?
    In all likelihood, Abraham Lincoln was an atheist. He did pretty well. Stalin, by the way was Catholic. He got many of his ideas in Catholic seminaries. By the way, Bill Gates, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, Mark Twain, George Bernard Shaw, Kathryn Hepburn and many others, are or were atheists. Personally, I like Bertrend Russell the best. These people all have contributed more than any holy roller such as the nimrod jerry Fallwell.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 10:36
    Originally posted by 667joe
    In all likelihood, Abraham Lincoln was an atheist. He did pretty well. Stalin, by the way was Catholic. He got many of his ideas in Catholic seminaries. By the way, Bill Gates, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, Mark Twain, George Bernard Shaw, Kathryn Hepburn and many others, are or were atheists. Personally, I like Bertrend Russell the best. These people all have contributed more than any holy roller such as the nimrod jerry Fallwell.
    Would you say these people contributed more than Christ?
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 10:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Would you say these people contributed more than Christ?
    Yes...the notion of "Christ" has always retarded scientific development
  13. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 11:03
    Indeed.....What have we to thank atheists-non Christians- for eh wot? Cloning? Abortion? Thalidamide? Nuclear weapons? Tecnology run amok? Drug Abuse? Gangs? Rape a la Roman Polanski? Genetic engineering? Despots? Pohl Pot? Stalin? Manson? Chris Matthews of MSNBC? Gasp! Michael Moore? Christians are indeed flawed in the general sense. I will s ...[text shortened]... AL philosophy can a Atheist possibly advocate to which more than say 20,000 people can agree to?
    To resort to a dicto simpliciter does not help your argument.
  14. Joined
    25 Sep '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 20:492 edits
    Gentlemen.... As I have posted repeatedly in forums --A Catholic is not one that claims to be catholic is a catholic or Christ like. ONLY those that practice authentic Christianity are Christians. Evil has always comitted evil and subsequently endeavored to blame it on good. This is a fundamental principle of evil. Not that hard to discern really. The Scriptures speak of this. Saying Stalin was a Catholic is...well.... feeble. Seriously. What on earth did you hope to achieve with THAT? Next. Lincoln was an atheist? I can only smirk at that one. No offence here but really..... Einstein of Nuclar bomb fame? Yes? Note also That "Yes...the notion of "Christ" has always retarded scientific development" is absurd and not historically acurrate. The number of Catholic scientists that have contributed to the advancement of knowledge is extensive. Teilhard de Chardin for example. Probing nature is meditation on God and is encouraged by the Church. Google it for yourselves. As far as "To resort to a dicto simpliciter does not help your argument." you simply must elaborate to be clear. Gentlemen the religion of Atheism is --one could say with toungue in cheek --is almost an oxymoron. One can not prove that God does not exist therefore the Atheist must take it on FAITH that God does not exist.
  15. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 20:52
    A Catholic is not one that claims to be catholic is a catholic or Christ like.
    AI read this sentence something like 72 times, and still its meaning eludes me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree