1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 22:15
    Do you think god missed a trick when dictating the Bible?

Sonship thinks bold, capitals, font size enhance his preaching.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 22:23
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

Its like pastors shouting at the top of their lungs when they preach or pray and pronounce words with an 'a' accent at the end of all words. eg

[i] I tell you friendsa, if you accept Christ TODAYA AND NOWA YOUA WILL BE SAVEDA[/I]

Pretty sure God has a sense of humour and is cracking up up there.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 23:41
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Its like pastors shouting at the top of their lungs when they preach or pray and pronounce words with an 'a' accent at the end of all words. eg

[i] I tell you friendsa, if you accept Christ TODAYA AND NOWA YOUA WILL BE SAVEDA[/I]

This, from the primary user of capitals in this entire forum.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 23:55
    AMEN brother
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 06:46

I think God could learn a lot from sonship as clearly there is much extra-biblical material available.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 12:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think God could learn a lot from sonship as clearly there is much extra-biblical material available.
    So you say. Can you provide an example of sonship's extra-biblical material?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 12:182 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    So you say. Can you provide an example of sonship's extra-biblical material?
    Just three, and there are more as he continues to write. The whole truth about his delusional doctrines is not fully known at this time.

1. That all nonChristians no matter how just or righteous, from the time of Adam to the judgment day at the end of the millennial age would burn in eternal torment.
    2. That all Christians no matter how sinful and evil will enter the Kingdom of God at the end of the millennial age.
    3. The once a man professes is faith he is saved eternally, and not even God can change that.

I think you are in the same boat because these are also your extra-biblical doctrines.

Now if you were able, we can discuss these things but all you seem capable of is saying that people are lying or confused when they quote the Bible. You have nothing concrete to offer except these emotional comments.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 12:302 edits
    ...and not even God can change that.
    What? 😲 Not even almighty God?

No? What about Jesus then...?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 12:471 edit

The theory of "dictation" of the Bible is the far right conservative viewpoint not held by all teachers.

It is quite obvious that the styles and flavors of various authors comes through in much of the writing.

The prophecy came in many portions and in many ways.
    And only the simple minded would try to subsume all of the parts of the Bible as a "dictation".

"God breathed" or God inspired what the Bible says about itself.
    Exactly what is God breathed is a big subject which a few posts will not resolve.

If you want a sacred book dictated in the matter you imagine the Moslem Quran makes that kind of claim for iteself.

I am a Christian. And I believe God inspired the words of the Bible in many portions and in many ways. Ultimately He spoke to us in the Son.

"God, having spoken of old in many portions and in many ways to the fathers in the prophets, has at the last of these days spoken to us in the Son, whom He appointed Heir of all things, through whom also He made the universe." (Heb. 1:1,2)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree