1. Meddling with things
    Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    58590
    24 Jun '05 12:26
    See link below

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4617849.stm
  2. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Joined
    06 Jan '04
    Moves
    171019
    24 Jun '05 12:47
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    See link below

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4617849.stm
    Fantastic!
    I'm a customer of the co-op bank, and they're always taking an ethical stance and have refused customers for a number of reasons.
    They're quite right to turn this lot away.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    24 Jun '05 14:01
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    See link below

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4617849.stm
    It's about time someone took a firm stand against christian hate mongering.
  4. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36063
    24 Jun '05 23:18
    Originally posted by Redmike
    Fantastic!
    I'm a customer of the co-op bank, and they're always taking an ethical stance and have refused customers for a number of reasons.
    They're quite right to turn this lot away.
    Would you also support a Christian organisation that refused to provide health insurance to its employees for abortion?

    Why or why not?
  5. Meddling with things
    Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    58590
    24 Jun '05 23:33
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Would you also support a Christian organisation that refused to provide health insurance to its employees for abortion?

    Why or why not?
    why not?

    I am comfortable with the current UK legal position on abortion. I reseoct your right to disagree.
  6. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Joined
    06 Jan '04
    Moves
    171019
    27 Jun '05 09:16
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Would you also support a Christian organisation that refused to provide health insurance to its employees for abortion?

    Why or why not?
    Employers here don't really provide health insurance. We have a national health service, for everyone. The NHS provides all medical services (well, within reason), including abortions.

    If a christian organisation had a health insurance scheme for its employees which was restricted in what you could use it for, I wouldn't really have a problem with this. So long as people knew what they were signing up for. I'd hope they would unionise and press for better benefits, but I accept that the this one might not be on their list.

    I wouldn't support this hypothetical christian organisation, but I'd understand.

    A bit like Green Party employees not getting a decent car scheme.


Back to Top