Understanding the Bible:  A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27

Understanding the Bible: A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
142d

@divegeester said
Not meaning to be at all confrontational here.

How do you know that “The Bible” is the complete, exclusive and inerrant “word of God”?
PettyTalk?

If you don’t want to discuss this please just say so.

Thanks

Moves
142d

@kellyjay said
God is one, God is a socially complex being Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but it is even more than that. God is immutable always, is, and will be, Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever. He does not lower one of His attributes to acquire satisfaction in another, meaning He will not set aside His goodness to give forgiveness.

If sin or evil is done due to God ...[text shortened]... imself took our sins upon Himself paying the price in full. This is why its important to get right!
You seem to misunderstand John 12:49, where Jesus says, 'For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.'

If you can't discern the clear distinction between the Father and the Son, as stated by Jesus Himself, only a fool would try to enlighten you. According to the Father's authority, I'm telling you that I can't give myself a command if I'm the one issuing orders. I give commands for others to follow.

I can't command your attention due to the preexisting insubordination you've chosen.

Moves
142d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
One might lead to the other, but they are 2 separate things.
What things?

ENGLAND

Moves
142d

@pettytalk said
What things?
Are you suddenly ignoring me and making a point of replying to anyone in order to let me know?

😅

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
142d

@pettytalk said
You seem to misunderstand John 12:49, where Jesus says, 'For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.'

If you can't discern the clear distinction between the Father and the Son, as stated by Jesus Himself, only a fool would try to enlighten you. According to the Father's authority, I'm ...[text shortened]... to follow.

I can't command your attention due to the preexisting insubordination you've chosen.
I understand that quite well and it is you who has misunderstood what Jesus did for us. He lived His life as a man not as God, so as a man He only did what the Father led Him to do.

Read the scripture in the light that Jesus was fully man, and fully God. The Father led Christ to do and say what the Father showed and told Him. As fully man Jesus kicked Satan’s butt as a man. As a man He defeated the devil by taking the devil’s best shot, crucifying Him on the cross, but after that Jesus was raised up to God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
142d
2 edits

@kellyjay said
I understand that quite well and it is you who has misunderstood what Jesus did for us. He lived His life as a man not as God, so as a man He only did what the Father led Him to do.

Read the scripture in the light that Jesus was fully man, and fully God. The Father led Christ to do and say what the Father showed and told Him. As fully man Jesus kicked Satan’s butt as a ...[text shortened]... aking the devil’s best shot, crucifying Him on the cross, but after that Jesus was raised up to God.
The doctrine Christians preach that Jesus was "fully man and fully God" is not in the bible. Quoting that Jesus said he and God are one, does not support that doctrine, because Jesus also said he and the disciples are one, that the disciples are one, that a man and his wife should be one. Oneness refers to one purpose or of one mind, not one being.

Moves
142d

@rajk999 said
Oneness refers to one purpose or of one mind, not one being.
Which explains the 'if you have seen me you have seen the father,' passage, relating to Jesus sharing the one purpose with God. (Not one being).

Moves
142d

@pettytalk said
What things?
In a Christian context, salvation is being 'saved from the penalty of being separated from God' while eternal life is living after one's mortal life here on Earth has ended. - Anybody or anything that sufferers forever in the fires of hell would, for example, have eternal life but not salvation. Any human that lives forever through the intervention of scientific discovery, might achieve eternal life, but not salvation.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
142d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Which explains the 'if you have seen me you have seen the father,' passage, relating to Jesus sharing the one purpose with God. (Not one being).
Yes, definitely.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
142d

@rajk999 said
The doctrine Christians preach that Jesus was "fully man and fully God" is not in the bible. Quoting that Jesus said he and God are one, does not support that doctrine, because Jesus also said he and the disciples are one, that the disciples are one, that a man and his wife should be one. Oneness refers to one purpose or of one mind, not one being.
You believe Jesus is not good nor God, and you are totally wrong saying in scripture about Jesus, God with us Immanuel is in scripture among countless other text. Your Jesus the one that you make up for yourself isn’t good isn’t God and not found in the Bible as you portray him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
142d

@kellyjay said
You believe Jesus is not good nor God, and you are totally wrong saying in scripture about Jesus, God with us Immanuel is in scripture among countless other text. Your Jesus the one that you make up for yourself isn’t good isn’t God and not found in the Bible as you portray him.
A man of integrity would have posted support for the ..fully man fully God.. statement or retract it, and admit it is not in the bible.

Moves
142d

@kellyjay said
Jesus clearly said only God was good, and challenged why he himself was being described as good. (With him not being God and all).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
142d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You see me you see me you see the Father is all about being, no one says you see me you see another because they agree with one me. When Jesus was asked show us the Father, what was his reply?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
142d

@rajk999 said
A man of integrity would have posted support for the ..fully man fully God.. statement or retract it, and admit it is not in the bible.
Deceiver you have no standing when speaking about rightly dividing scripture. It may have something to do with your Jesus is not good or God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
142d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Jesus clearly said only God was good, and challenged why he himself was being described as good. (With him not being God and all).
Declaring God is good does not mean He is denying himself either good or God. Your opinion about Immanuel is what?