1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 14:16
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Ah, but not a real dragon, a real biological dragon? With fire from it's mouth and all? Flying abilities, yet a weight far surpassing that of an ostrich? Green with scales?
    Read some of the passages and you tell me. Clearly some of the are mistranslations of desert or sea creatures. Others alude to a vengeful or horrific creature.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 12:26
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Read some of the passages and you tell me. Clearly some of the are mistranslations of desert or sea creatures. Others alude to a vengeful or horrific creature.
    Well, some call their mother-in-law a dragon, but that doesn't make them as such.

I don't believe dragons ever existed...
  3. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 03:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Does the bible mention the Loch Ness monster, the phoenix, the dragons?
    No, but the KJ bible mention the unicorn. So the JK bible has flaws in its translation. That's my point.
    In the time of King James, the one-horned rhino was called a unicorn...hence that word used in the translation from the Hebrew word for the rhinoceros.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 04:21
    Originally posted by ale1552
    In the time of King James, the one-horned rhino was called a unicorn...hence that word used in the translation from the Hebrew word for the rhinoceros.
    Well, let me ask you this. There is another thread in the forum where there is a debate about humans existing along side the triceretops dinosaur. I ask your opinion as you are a Christian, have lived longer than most people on this site, and live in an area where it is believed there were a lot of dinosaurs at one time. Did mankind ever see a living triceratops, maybe even saddle one up and ride one?
  5. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 05:19
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Well, let me ask you this. There is another thread in the forum where there is a debate about humans existing along side the triceretops dinosaur. I ask your opinion as you are a Christian, have lived longer than most people on this site, and live in an area where it is believed there were a lot of dinosaurs at one time. Did mankind ever see a living triceratops, maybe even saddle one up and ride one?
    No. They were extinct by the time humans came on this earth in my opinion. I know that this is disputed by some good people on this site and elsewhere. And I could be proven wrong. But the fossils of those dinosaurs are not to be disputed. You are correct in saying that I live in an area where they abound. I have personally picked up fossils of sea snails and other shells imbedded in fossilized rocks in the dry buttes around Glendive, Montana. This shows that it was once under water. But however the earth was formed, and people came upon this earth, as well as the time involved, I truly believe that it was done in the timing and planning of God. Our minds are finite and cannot understand everything. He takes that into consideration when we differ on details.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 05:28
    Originally posted by ale1552
    No. They were extinct by the time humans came on this earth in my opinion. I know that this is disputed by some good people on this site and elsewhere. And I could be proven wrong. But the fossils of those dinosaurs are not to be disputed. You are correct in saying that I live in an area where they abound. I have personally picked up fossils of sea snails an ...[text shortened]... te and cannot understand everything. He takes that into consideration when we differ on details.
    Since you're the oldest living person on the site, we should just accept it as "gospel" and be done with it. Mankind and dinosaurs never met. Except for maybe alligators and snapping turtles.
  7. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 23:34
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Revalations is full of them, but, here's a quick search:

The Old Testment
    Deuteronomy 32:33
    Nehemiah 2:13
    Job 30:29
    Psalms 44:19
    Psalms 74:13
    Psalms 91:13
    Psalms 148:7
    Isiah 13:22
    Isiah 27:1
    Isiah 34:13
    Isiah 35:7
    Isiah 43:20
    Isiah 51:20
    Jeremiah 9:11
    Jeremiah 10:22
    Jeremiah 14:6
    Jeremiah 49:33
    Jeremiah 51:34,37 ...[text shortened]... -is-savior.com/End%20of%20the%20World/dragons_in_the_bible.htm

This guy's a real wack job.
    Do any of these verses actually say Dragons exist? No, of course they don't. They meerly make reference to them to emphasise something, for instance the Satan as a dragon metaphor, or "their wine is the poison of dragons...". Also, a number of different translations refer to "Jackals" as opposed to "Dragons".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree