1. Joined
    05 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 May '06 20:433 edits
    Have you ever heard of/read the Urantia book ?
    there are +2000 Pages,it talks about God,the Universe,it's history and organization,history of mankind until nowadays.
    It is the most incredible book I have been reading
    there is no sect or hidden religion behind.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 May '06 21:23
    Originally posted by HFRorbis
    Have ever heard of/read the Urantia book ?
    there are +2000 Pages,it talks about God,the Universe,it's history and organization,history of mankind until nowadays.
    It is the most incredible book I have been reading
    there is no sect or hidden religion behind.
    Is it true?
  3. Joined
    05 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 May '06 21:26
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Is it true?
    what do you mean ?
    does this book exist ?
    Yes,it does
    Google "urantia book" , you will see
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 May '06 21:33
    Originally posted by HFRorbis
    what do you mean ?
    does this book exist ?
    Yes,it does
    Google "urantia book" , you will see
    Does its content purport to be historically true?
  5. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    15 May '06 23:14
    "The Urantia Book, first published by the Urantia Foundation in 1955, was authored by celestial beings as a special revelation to our planet, Urantia."

I read this far, and could stand no more. Please God, save us from the fools.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 May '06 06:10
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    "The Urantia Book, first published by the Urantia Foundation in 1955, was authored by celestial beings as a special revelation to our planet, Urantia."

I read this far, and could stand no more. Please God, save us from the fools.
    Sounds like the Bible.
  7. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    17 May '06 07:59
    I read the entire book. I will be blunt and brutally honest. It seems painfully obvious to me that it was written by a group of separatist Seventh Day Adventists at the budding origin times of the new age movement.

Such is simply my belief though. If one is inclined to believe that we live on Urantia, the 606th planet in Satania which is in Norlatiadek which is in Nebadon which is in Orvonton which revolves around Havona, all of which revolves around the center of infinity where God dwells, more power to them. The book does indeed convey some very positive "universal truths" I am inclined to agree with. Such as:

The experience of dynamic religious living transforms the mediocre individual into a personality of idealistic power.

Give every developing child a chance to grow his own religious experience.

Human likes and dislikes do not determine good and evil; moral values do not grow out of wish fulfillment or emotional frustration.

These are good, positive concepts, which I think can be derived wether or not one wants to believe in the theology.
  8. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    17 May '06 12:22
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    I read the entire book. I will be blunt and brutally honest. It seems painfully obvious to me that it was written by a group of separatist Seventh Day Adventists at the budding origin times of the new age movement.

Such is simply my belief though. If one is inclined to believe that we live on Urantia, the 606th planet in Satania which is in Norlatiadek ...[text shortened]... ive concepts, which I think can be derived wether or not one wants to believe in the theology.
    So it is like the Bible.
  9. London
    Moves
    17 May '06 12:43
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    So it is like the Bible.
    Typical

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree