1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    04 Mar '13 08:16
    What is Evolution?

    YouTube

    The above link gives a sanitized version of the definition of evolution. No creationist disagrees with this definition since it basically describes variations of species . However, at the very end the video goes beyond the original definition and describes what we creationists reject.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    04 Mar '13 08:17
    Human and Chimp much different than previously thought.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=s4iKydOjz28
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86378
    04 Mar '13 08:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No creationist disagrees with this definition since it basically describes variations of species.
    Are you speaking for all "creationists" or just making an assumption that you represent the most extreme belief set within the "creationist" lobby and can therefore generalise of behalf of all?

    PS I've not looked at your link as I never (very rarely) do.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    315346
    04 Mar '13 09:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I've not looked at your link as I never (very rarely) do.
    Don't bother, it's from yet another fanatical creationist site, and just presents lies as facts.
  5. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    04 Mar '13 09:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The above link gives a sanitized version of the definition of evolution. No creationist disagrees with this definition since it basically describes variations of species . However, at the very end the video goes beyond the original definition and describes what we creationists reject.
    Definitions are not there to be agreed with or disagreed with. Definitions are merely a way to communicate. When you use a word like 'evolution' which is used by many people and used heavily in science, you should stick to the dictionary definitions or the definitions used by scientists. Making up your own definition only results in miscommunication.
    It is perfectly reasonable to dispute that certain aspects of evolution take place in the real world, but to then redefine it to suit your theological political agenda is just plain stupid.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    04 Mar '13 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Definitions are not there to be agreed with or disagreed with. Definitions are merely a way to communicate. When you use a word like 'evolution' which is used by many people and used heavily in science, you should stick to the dictionary definitions or the definitions used by scientists. Making up your own definition only results in miscommunication.
    It ...[text shortened]... world, but to then redefine it to suit your theological political agenda is just plain stupid.
    I do not redefine evolution or evil-lution, since they are both the same to me. I was just presenting how some atheists like to sanitize it by redefining it as they did in that link and after they get everyone to agree with it, then they throw the rock in. A classic bait and switch.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93456
    04 Mar '13 16:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do not redefine evolution or evil-lution, since they are both the same to me. I was just presenting how some atheists like to sanitize it by redefining it as they did in that link and after they get everyone to agree with it, then they throw the rock in. A classic bait and switch.
    how come you dont have a problem with the idiots in your video posts making up and misrepresenting science?
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    04 Mar '13 16:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do not redefine evolution or evil-lution, since they are both the same to me.
    Yes you do. We have discussed this many times before and you have fully admitted to deliberately and consistently using a definition that does not match standard usage and has been concocted purely as a theological political tool. I don't know why you would deny that now.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    04 Mar '13 17:311 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes you do. We have discussed this many times before and you have fully admitted to deliberately and consistently using a definition that does not match standard usage and has been concocted purely as a theological political tool. I don't know why you would deny that now.
    I have always uesed the old standard defintion to mean a frog can change into a handsome prince according to evil-lutionists. That is, if there is enough time. 😏

    YouTube
  10. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    04 Mar '13 17:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have always uesed the old standard defintion to mean a frog can change into a handsome prince according to evil-lutionists. That is, if there is enough time. 😏
    No, that is not the standard definition.
    The standard definition is: the change in the genetic content of a species over time.
    You are confusing 'evolution' with 'The Theory of Evolution'.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    04 Mar '13 19:09
    Originally posted by Kewpie

    Don't bother, it's from yet another fanatical creationist site, and just presents lies as facts.
    If the evolution of human beings = Fact, in what or whose image are you and I made?
  12. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    44172
    04 Mar '13 20:43
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If the evolution of human beings = Fact, in what or whose image are you and I made?
    We are the result of evolution we evolved from other life forms.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    04 Mar '13 21:461 edit
    Originally posted by OdBod

    We are the result of evolution we evolved from other life forms.
    .... in which other life form's image are you (and I) made?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    04 Mar '13 21:48
    Originally posted by OdBod
    We are the result of evolution we evolved from other life forms.
    Perhaps, you are in the image of a baboon, right?

    YouTube
  15. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    44172
    04 Mar '13 22:41
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    .... in which other life form's image are you (and I) made?
    Our closest living relative I believe is the Chimpanzee . Our most recent ancestors are nicely laid out by Wikipedia/Human evolution.Remarkable likeness through all Homo forms don't you think?
Back to Top