1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '13 22:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Perhaps, you are in the image of a baboon, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2lSZPTa3ho
    They are distant cousins, but check out the previous post for our most recent ancestors ,remarkably like us don't you think? God's first design screw ups maybe?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Mar '13 22:55
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Our closest living relative I believe is the Chimpanzee . Our most recent ancestors are nicely laid out by Wikipedia/Human evolution.Remarkable likeness through all Homo forms don't you think?
    Maybe you, but not me. 😏
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '13 23:01
    Maybe you, but not me. 😏
    Oh RJ your saying we're not related , I'm devastated!
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Mar '13 23:08
    Oh RJ your saying we're not related , I'm devastated!
    Good! 😏
  5. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '13 23:21
    Good! 😏
    Now now ,aren't you forgetting your Christian teachings you should love me.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 01:14
    Now now ,aren't you forgetting your Christian teachings you should love me.
    What makes you think I do not love you? How do you think I should love you, like a neighbor or an enemy? 😏
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 09:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    .... in which other life form's image are you (and I) made?
    the image we end up with is dictated by the dna mix of our parents + environmental and dietary factors in the womb and as we grow up.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 10:45

Our closest living relative I believe is the Chimpanzee . Our most recent ancestors are nicely laid out by Wikipedia/Human evolution.Remarkable likeness through all Homo forms don't you think?
    At Birth, Body and Soul; at Salvation (by Faith Alone in the Risen Christ Alone) Body, Soul and Human Spirit which enables us to understand spiritual information and arrive at absolute truth. God didn't make disposable human beings. Though our Old Bod eventually dies, our souls live on forever. Life of a Chimp's in its blood [one dimensional body only with a finite life span which terminates at physical death]. Wiki's a poor/zoo imitation of God's Word, which He provided for our Spiritual Growth.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 11:19
    At Birth, Body and Soul; at Salvation (by Faith Alone in the Risen Christ Alone) Body, Soul and Human Spirit which enables us to understand spiritual information and arrive at absolute truth. God didn't make disposable human beings. Though our Old Bod eventually dies, our souls live on forever. Life of a Chimp's in its blood [one dimensional body ...[text shortened]... ath]. Wiki's a poor/zoo imitation of God's Word, which He provided for our Spiritual Growth.
    I think that is the central deceit of religion, that we have souls but animals don't.

The other one, in christianity, is original sin. Two of the most repugnant concepts of religion in my opinion.

They rule by fear and hope, fear that you have been born into sin and the hope you will live on after you die.

Those are total man made assumptions to trap the weak mind which has the main effect of building a political power base, which has nothing to do with spiritualism.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 14:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think that is the central deceit of religion, that we have souls but animals don't.

The other one, in christianity, is original sin. Two of the most repugnant concepts of religion in my opinion.

They rule by fear and hope, fear that you have been born into sin and the hope you will live on after you die.

Those are total man made assumptions to ...[text shortened]... the main effect of building a political power base, which has nothing to do with spiritualism.
    Animals may be said to have souls—if the word “soul” is used as the Bible employs it in discussing members of the animal kingdom (i.e., to describe only the physical life force found within all living creatures). But if the word “soul” is used to refer to an immortal soul that one day will inhabit heaven or hell, then no, animals may not be said to possess a soul.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=582
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 15:383 edits
    Human Beings become Dichotomous at Birth:

Material and Immaterial, Body and Soul.

Members of the Pyramidal Food Chain, Material Only

(their finite lives are 'in in their blood';

may or may not be fair but, nonetheless, true).

http://www.godvine.com/bible/Psalms/32-9

Barnes' Notes should be especially helpful.
  12. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 15:48

That is your belief, which is respected .I however do not believe in a "soul" along with many others.At best all you can claim is that it is a truth to you and fellow believers.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 15:53

Yet whenever I try to start a discussion to pin down exactly what theists mean by 'soul' they all run for the hills. Why is that? Why are you so reluctant to answer basic questions about what the soul is?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 15:59

That is your belief, which is respected .I however do not believe in a "soul" along with many others.At best all you can claim is that it is a truth to you and fellow believers.
    What, then, differentiates you and your family from owls, jelly fish,

snakes, crows, mules, ants, country bugs, butterflies or worms?

P.S. Time for break (to warm up some Quiche and watch the news).
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 16:081 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead

Yet whenever I try to start a discussion to pin down exactly what theists mean by 'soul' they all run for the hills. Why is that? Why are you so reluctant to answer basic questions about what the soul is?
    Blind Human Being Celebrating Its Soul Connection in Song:

http://www.godvine.com/A-Version-of-Amazing-Grace-That-Will-Touch-Your-Soul-2077.html

One day you may awaken to realize the bird at your window isn't a Hottie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree