1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 09:021 edit
    This is for the one person who is interested.

If one googles Vedanta they will find nearly most of the web sites devoted to impersonalism (monism) ....and impersonalism is characterized by the teaching that Brahman is the Supreme and that everthing is ONE..that there is no difference between God and the living entity, but this is incorrect and does not allow for spiritual relationship or spiritual activity.

Vedanta originaly and always has presented DULISM that God is Supreme and the living entity does not merge into God when liberated, but remains seperate with their own identity, this is correct and allows for spiritual relationship and activity in the spiritual world.

The reason why you will find so many persons offering monism is because of the materialistic perversion that has entered into the neo Vedanta offering, influenced by Buddhism and Sankara.

To enquire about the correct understanding of Vedanta, one must google "Vedanta Sutra by Vyasadeva" who is the literary incarnation of God and who compiled the Vedas.
  2. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 13:50
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    This is for the one person who is interested.

If one googles Vedanta they will find nearly most of the web sites devoted to impersonalism (monism) ....and impersonalism is characterized by the teaching that Brahman is the Supreme and that everthing is ONE..that there is no difference between God and the living entity, but this is incorrect and does not ...[text shortened]... Vedanta Sutra by Vyasadeva" who is the literary incarnation of God and who compiled the Vedas.
    I googled. Many lines of refuting arguments. Lots of certitude.
    Not me really. I do not trust certitude these days. So we must agree to differ.

I have chosen the path of mystery, and I understand that to be a primary aspect of the nature of the Great.

Neither personal nor impersonal, neither relating nor not relating. It is the Middle Way.

I keep thinking of the awareness the sutra writer needed before he put pen to paper, the awareness inherent before any relating of "God" or man. Such awareness, that does not require an object, is to me pre-eminently the quality of the Source of All.

The qualities of relating, of creating, of loving or of beauty appreciation, of joy, of despair, of hells and heavens, all arise in an awareness that is required prior.

These are truly experienced in awareness, yet that Awareness is One, not two to me. And there is yet relating, creating, dying, etc.etc. Astounding really. Quite mysterious.

You are certain, and so too does certainty arise - in Awareness.
  3. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 14:071 edit
    I might add that there is undoubtedly a "twoness aspect to the Great and even in the Tibetan Buddhist path, the various symbolic deity-like buddha rerpresentations often have "consorts, e.g Samantabahdra is often depicted in congress with Samantabadhri.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree