1. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 12:37
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    lausey, You new that the context of what we were discussing, was the raising of the spiritual consciousness/ God, and so on.
    You used an example as "2+2=4" to suggest that the Vedenta cannot be improved.

2+2=4 is very simple. All the information is there with no unknown variables. There is nothing to improve upon.

Vedenta is a very vast body of writing. There are many millions of variables. It cannot explain everything (e.g. modern living), and doesn't even fit observations. Therefore, is not perfect. There is certainly room for improvement there.

That is what I was initially explaining. You then talked about the spirit, and that the only way you can measure it is by purifying the mind and intelligence, and asking me if I would submit to it. I certainly know what "pure" means, but doesn't make sense to apply to mind and intelligence based on all the definitions of what "pure" is to me. I therefore wanted clarification on this so asked what it entails. In case there is a definition that I wasn't aware of (I pointed out that I didn't think you meant virginity).

Having got the answer I got, it clarified that I was correct in that it didn't make sense, hence why I answered "No" to avoid wasting time. You then accused me of being insincere and dishonest when I was just seeking to understand what you meant when you asked me if I was willing to submit to purifying my mind and intelligence.
  2. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 13:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The guy is a troll, don't waste your time by feeding him.

seriously...
    You are right, I should take note. 😕
  3. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 13:34
    Originally posted by lausey
    As to avoid wasting each other's time, the answer is "No".
    I like your honest. Straight and to the point
  4. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 13:40
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I would say I am one of your better comrades on here so let me be honest with you.
    I'm not going to read all that. I'd rather you point out one or two points and then maybe flesh out a discussion.
    If you want to get through to people, it is probably better to keep it short. At least they will read one or two sentences which is better than skipping th ...[text shortened]... ugh to some people or do you want to write a better, longer version and have no one read it?
    I agree I skpped right over it and read your post first, tried to figure out what the topic was that way. You know what points were being proved, but I'll never know because Im not reading that long novel at the beginning of this post.😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree