1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 06:23
    Originally posted by Dasa
    How do you conclude that from my post?
    It is from what you don't say, as well as what you do say.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 06:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is from what you don't say, as well as what you do say.
    Point taken....... but the post taken in context of what was said before should make things clear though. (just saying)
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 06:551 edit
    The authority is there - and you may accept of not.

You may make a stand and say - I will not follow the authority..... that's OK.

But you cannot reject the authority.

You cannot reject that which is established.

If you reject that which is established then you instantly become a an ignorant fool.

Its like saying I reject the dictionary - or I reject mathematics - and it cannot be done by any sane person..
    So - in so far as it matters to anyone, which it does not, I am sure - clearly you are trying to take what you subjectively regard to be "authority" and impose it upon everybody- in so far as you assert that it applies to everyone whether they accept it or not. But surely the fact it clearly doesn't apply to me - I am not a vegetarian, I continue to have sex with my spouse even though we've already had all the children we're going to have, I enjoy my job and I work very hard, and I do not seek to be "unaffected by happiness and suffering" etc. etc. - makes nonsense of your assertion and your insults about being insane or ignorant make no difference to the subjectivity of your assertion or to the people upon which you continue to heap this abuse.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 07:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think we already established you are a muslim.
    LOL. Hey, you can believe what you want. We all have to navigate our way through these discussions as we see fit. 😀 rec'd
  5. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 07:302 edits
    Until you honest and appreciate simple basic spiritual precepts first - I cannot become involved in endless discussions about issues which are only to satisfy the curiosity and not for the purpose of actually learning and understanding.

You have informed me you do not accept authority and that killing is acceptable - and until you can rise above these errors ...[text shortened]... killing and the nature of authority and get that understood first - and then proceed from there.
    If you are evangelizing in these threads, for the purpose of enlightening others and perhaps winning them over to your ideology, then you are using a flawed technique. Without question and without prequalifications, you should be prepared to answer inquiries. By limiting your teachings to only those who qualify, i.e. don't eat meat, you are reducing your audience to very few people.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 16:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    So - in so far as it matters to anyone, which it does not, I am sure - clearly you are trying to take what you subjectively regard to be "authority" and impose it upon everybody- in so far as you assert that it applies to everyone whether they accept it or not. But surely the fact it clearly doesn't apply to me - I am not a vegetarian, I continue to have sex wit ...[text shortened]... bjectivity of your assertion or to the people upon which you continue to heap this abuse.
    This is the spirituality forum and I am explaining spirituality.

Understanding and living Spirituality raises the consciousness from mundane to transcendental consciousness..

Mundane consciousness is not natural and not healthy.

Transcendental consciousness is natural and healthy.

When the consciousness is raised to the transcendental platform - there becomes a greater perspective and understanding of all things called spiritual insight.

Having raised the consciousness and developing spiritual insight allows one to live by truth and not by ignorance.

When one lives by truth they are not attracted to those activities that are even available to the hogs, dogs camel and asses.

Persons who live by spiritual truth engage in spiritual/Godly activities and have higher values/perceptions of thinking.

They do not engage in mundane activities of chasing and fill-filling senses pleasure.

Chasing sense pleasure - as I have just said - is the activities/goal of the animals and the wise man does not bother.

The wise man controls his base desires and refrains from the addiction to sense pleasures because he is tasting a higher transcendental pleasure.

The transcendentalist acquires and experiences "Supreme Spiritual pleasure" that is not attainable by mundane persons.

This Supreme Spiritual pleasure is the natural reward for living the true spiritual life.

In fact - the transcendentalists is enjoying this life one thousand fold more than mundane persons.

Mundane persons are slaves to the senses and are suffering because of it.

The transcendentalist is not a slave to their senses and is enjoying Supremely.

The voluntary austerities observed for refraining from sinful activities have immense spiritual rewards which are not attainable by mundane persons.

True spiritual life is not dry but ecstatic - full of bliss and peace.

You are outside the honey pot and thinking the honey is tasteless.

This is your ignorance.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 16:46
    Originally posted by sumydid
    If you are evangelizing in these threads, for the purpose of enlightening others and perhaps winning them over to your ideology, then you are using a flawed technique. Without question and without prequalifications, you should be prepared to answer inquiries. By limiting your teachings to only those who qualify, i.e. don't eat meat, you are reducing your audience to very few people.
    Your perspective is faulty.

There are some in this forum that would argue the sun is not hot.

I avoid these types for they are simply insincere and time wasters.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 17:171 edit
    This is the spirituality forum and I am explaining spirituality.

Understanding and living Spirituality raises the consciousness from mundane to transcendental consciousness..

Mundane consciousness is not natural and not healthy.

Transcendental consciousness is natural and healthy.

When the consciousness is raised to the transcendental platform - the
    You are outside the honey pot and thinking the honey is tasteless.

This is your ignorance.
    The word "mundane" is entirely subjective, Dasa. I do appreciate the effort you have made to explain your demeanour.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 18:40
    Ever since you came to this forum twelve months ago - and were exposed as being dishonest and a rascal - you have been commenting in this forum ever since with spit and spite to defend your atheism.

And I will continue to defend truth no matter how unpalatable it is.
    FMF has been at rhp a lot longer than you. He has more credibility than you, but to be fair, almost everyone here has more credibility than you.
  10. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 00:35
    A fart in an elevator has more credibility than Dasa.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 02:08
    Originally posted by nook7
    A fart in an elevator has more credibility than Dasa.
    That is funny. Ha Ha But not very nice.
  12. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 03:04
    Your perspective is faulty.

I avoid these types for they are simply insincere and time wasters.
    You and I will disagree on most things.

However, since I am new in the forums I will concede your point for now. I too have experience those who do not ask sincere questions but instead intend for me to waste lots of time.

I thought his question was sincere!

But I'll step back and watch since maybe I was wrong, sir.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 04:39
    Who on this forum "would argue the sun is not hot"? Is this an attempted "analogy" for [i]having a different belief system from Dasa"?
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 05:21
    Originally posted by sumydid
    You and I will disagree on most things.

However, since I am new in the forums I will concede your point for now. I too have experience those who do not ask sincere questions but instead intend for me to waste lots of time.

I thought his question was sincere!

But I'll step back and watch since maybe I was wrong, sir.
    Why will we disagree on most things?

I have said life comes from life.

I have said dead bodies do not jump from the grave.

I have said animal slaughter is cruel and causes suffering and is sinful.

Are you defending the above....and therefore disagreeing?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 06:04
    Why will we disagree on most things?

I have said life comes from life.

I have said dead bodies do not jump from the grave.

I have said animal slaughter is cruel and causes suffering and is sinful.

Are you defending the above....and therefore disagreeing?
    I agree with you first. However, dead bodies may not jump from the
    grave, but they have come back to life and that is not just Yahshua.
    There have been people declared dead during our present times that
    have come back to life. Animal slaughter may be cruel and cause
    suffering if not done properly. However, if done properly, it is not cruel
    and does not cause pain and is not sinful if done for the right reason.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree