1. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 07:511 edit
    OK - I have had a couple of cheap shots at Dasa recently but, as he would say, I am only a dog barking at a caravan! Let's see if we can have a serious discussion.

A while back, Dasa encouraged us to examine the teackings of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. I took this suggestion and commented that I found the teachings (and more particularly the manner of the teachings) incompatible with Dasa's approach. Dasa evaded this enquiry and only commented that you can't learn truth from Google. He did not say whether my views were nonetheless accurate.

Leaving aside the inconsistency of using an internet based discussion group to dispense wisdom, and then criticise people who use the same tool for finding out about the very person they have been advised to study, I would be interested if Dasa could point us to a reliable and detailed source of His Divine Grace's views on Islam.

I could, of course, search for this myself, but as per above, I do not want to do this only to be accused of looking in the wrong place.

Thanks in anticipation.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:04
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    OK - I have had a couple of cheap shots at Dasa recently but, as he would say, I am only a dog barking at a caravan! Let's see if we can have a serious discussion.

A while back, Dasa encouraged us to examine the teackings of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. I took this suggestion and commented that I found the teachings (and m ...[text shortened]... want to do this only to be accused of looking in the wrong place.

Thanks in anticipation.
    I doubt if Dasa will help you on this because you are not worthy. Don't
    forget he considers us all dishonest and will not take your request
    seriously. With that attitude, I wonder why he makes his posts. But
    don't despire for you can use the time searching for the real truth by
    reading the Holy Bible. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:13

A while back, Dasa encouraged us to examine the teackings of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. I took this suggestion and commented that I found the teachings (and m ...[text shortened]... want to do this only to be accused of looking in the wrong place.

Thanks in anticipation.
    What statement have I made about Islam that is incorrect?
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:16
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Well, pretty much all of them really.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:20
    "Islam the most disgusting false religion on earth and embraced and followed by ignorant and arrogant vermin" dasa

it only took me a few seconds to find this one, im sure there are more. do you still stand by this statement.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 16:44
    My interest is in the views of his Divine Grace. You have counselled people to be wary of false teachers and advised us to seek wisdom here.

Did his Divine Grace express views on Islam? If so, can you point me in the right direction.

Why do you avoid giving me this information? I am sure his Divine Grace would have shared his views with me.

Thanks in anticipation.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 20:22
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    "Islam the most disgusting false religion on earth and embraced and followed by ignorant and arrogant vermin" dasa

it only took me a few seconds to find this one, im sure there are more. do you still stand by this statement.
    I pretty much agree with Dasa on that one myself. HalleluYah !!! 😏
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 21:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What a pity then that my post was not about your views or Dasa's views. I asked about the views of his Divine Grace.

Dasa - are you going to point me to a source or not?

If not, why did you counsel me to seek out his teachings?
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 May '12 14:43
    A while back, Dasa encouraged us to examine the teackings of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. I took this suggestion and commented that I found the teachings (and more particularly the manner of the teachings) incompatible with Dasa's approach. Dasa evaded this enquiry and only commented that you can't learn truth from Google. H ...[text shortened]... want to do this only to be accused of looking in the wrong place.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Dasa,

I see you are back, so I thought I would pop this back to the top of the Forum.

It would be nice if you would post a response to my enquiry.

Many thanks
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '12 18:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    And thus we see the basis for more religious wars.

RJ: "I wasn't trying to make war".

SH: "perhaps not but other people listening may consider what you say and act on it in a violent way''.

RJ: "I can't help what other people do".

SH: "Yes you can, by being more tolerant and compassionate"

RJ: "Not going to happen"

SH: "I rest my case".
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '12 10:28
    Dasa,

I see you are back, so I thought I would pop this back to the top of the Forum.

It would be nice if you would post a response to my enquiry.

Many thanks
    Your enquiry is not sincere.

Understand the basics of spirituality first.

The first basic point is to understand when embracing true spirituality/religion is (why animal killing is not accepted by true religion) and why life is not created accidentally in a muddy puddle.

False religion accepts animal slaughter/cruelty as proper behaviour and science believes life is an accident.

It is thoroughly absurd and dishonest.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '12 10:30
    Originally posted by stellspalfie

That statement is correct.

I only speak the truth.

Always have and always will.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '12 10:38

The first basic point is to understand when embracing true spirituality/religion is (why animal killing is not accepted by true religion) and why life is not created accidentally in a muddy puddle.

False religion accepts animal slaughter/cruelty as proper behaviour and science believes life is an accident.

What has His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada said, specifically, about Islam?
  14. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 May '12 10:53

What I have read about His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada suggests that he was prepared to answer questions of this nature, and he did not dictate what questions could be asked or could not.

He also did not concern himself with whether the enquiry was sincere or not. A truthful answer stands for itself. And in any case, my request was sincere.

You just do not like the fact that his views are most likely to contradict yours. It is dishonest that you do not address this issue and try to hide it from others.

Why do you not follow his example, as you have encouraged us to?

That is also dishonest.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 May '12 11:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    What has His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada said, specifically, about Islam?
    Here's a few quotes from a rather large essay concerning what his Divine Grace has said about Islam -

http://www.harekrsna.de/artikel/islam.htm

Vedas means the books of transcendental knowledge. Not only the Bhagavad-gita, even the Bible or the Qur'an, they are also (books of transcendental knowledge). (Lecture, 29/07/68)

If you find that by following some religious principles you are developing your love of God, then it is perfect. It doesn't matter whether it is the Bible or the Qur'an or the Bhagavad-gita; it doesn't matter. (Lecture, 18/10/68)

If you purchase the Bhagavad-gita, if you purchase the Bible, if you purchase the Qur'an, or... There are so many literatures. They are also authorised. (Lecture on Bhagavad-gita, 16/12/66)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree