Veils of illusion and happiness

Veils of illusion and happiness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
09 Jan 08

Originally posted by vistesd
A student told Suzuki Roshi about an experience in which he had dissolved into amazing spaciousness.*

“Yes, you could call that enlightenment,” Suzuki said, “but it’s best to forget about it. And how’s your work coming?”

—from To Shine One Corner Of The World, edited by David Chadwick.

* That is the s ...[text shortened]... uch descriptive statements should be taken metaphorically. Your own metaphors will be your own.
Before enlightenment, the laundry. After enlightenment, the laundry.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
09 Jan 08

🙂

(Dissertations, too...)

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
09 Jan 08

Originally posted by vistesd
A student told Suzuki Roshi about an experience in which he had dissolved into amazing spaciousness.*

“Yes, you could call that enlightenment,” Suzuki said, “but it’s best to forget about it. And how’s your work coming?”

—from To Shine One Corner Of The World, edited by David Chadwick.

* That is the s ...[text shortened]... uch descriptive statements should be taken metaphorically. Your own metaphors will be your own.
You know, vistesd, I only 50/50 read your long posts, which are often very long, but your short posts are normally so concise and make me smile. This one was a gem.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
11 Jan 08

Originally posted by scottishinnz
You know, vistesd, I only 50/50 read your long posts, which are often very long, but your short posts are normally so concise and make me smile. This one was a gem.
Thanks, Scotty. You are right about the overlong posts. But then, you know about mu! 😉

Illinois

Moves
13 Jan 08

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Is happiness not just another veil that keeps one from reality?
Perhaps happiness is found by discovering reality...

s

Moves
13 Jan 08

Originally posted by KellyJay
BibleGateway Mark 4 (New International Version)

1Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water's edge. 2He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: 3"Listen! A farmer went out to sow ...[text shortened]... ubt happiness will be what is acquired, it can blind as
much as sorrow can.
Kelly
I really like this passage.

And of course you will realise that it describes exactly how evolution operates!