VIS must not become the criterion of anything

VIS must not become the criterion of anything

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
01 Feb 08

I pity the fool whose life decisions are informed by such tripe. It's just so philosophically and intellectually immature, and that's only on its good days when it manages to present something coherent with discernible propositional content. The rest of the time it's just a puzzling jumble of slogans and rhetoric.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I pity the fool whose life decisions are informed by such tripe. It's just so philosophically and intellectually immature, and that's only on its good days when it manages to present something coherent with discernible propositional content. The rest of the time it's just a puzzling jumble of slogans and rhetoric.
What news services are philosophically mature?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
01 Feb 08

Originally posted by Conrau K
I would suggest you spend a bit more time contemplating the analogical components of my satire.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
01 Feb 08

Originally posted by Conrau K

This rules.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Feb 08

I probably know what VIS is, but please refresh my memory.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Feb 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1qAnx-_LmY

This rules.
What's with all the legs! Man!
Is that what you're talking about?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
01 Feb 08

Originally posted by josephw
What's with all the legs! Man!
Is that what you're talking about?
Praise God! You are human after all!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 08

I would suggest you spend a bit more time contemplating the analogical components of my satire.
I know what every word in that sentence means, yet, when I read them in that arrangement, I can only be perplexed. What exactly are you saying?

What is your truck with VIS? It's only a news service that reports speeches of the Pope. It is not supposed to comprehensively paraphrase every word the Pope speaks; nor to regurgitate every one of the Pope's arguments in step-by-step syllogisms. It offers just the bare minimum of quotes and summarises what he said - just as most newpapers do. Admittedly, sometimes quotes are arranged obliquely and a little jumbly, but apart from that, it is satisfactory.