1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 May '05 19:561 edit
    To all Creationists
    Your god is stolen from Sumerian mythology, a particully nasty version of An.
    Anu to the Accadians, El to the Canaanites and IsraELites.
    It is no more the creator of the universe than the cork from Pat Robertson's bunghole.
    None on Genesis 1 has any validity as science, since it's a corruption of the Sumerian "Watchers" cosmology.
    There is absolutely no way that violent, insane, mankind hating god as depicted in the bible is actually the Father that Christ spoke of.
    Don't confuse the concept you have of Christ with that rotten thing in Genesis , Christ came to free you from that false god and not that silly notion that he had to die to appease that maniac god's anger because of your sins.

THAT IS WHY THE BIBLE ISN'T GOD'S WORD !

and I don't care if you don't like it.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    30 May '05 20:39
    This an incredibly anthropocentric view of God.

'Bother' is an irrelevant word. Neither creation with a lot or a little material would be a 'bother.' It's all an arbitrary choice for God.

Besides, what do we do when we want to test someone's resourcefullness?

Again this is totally irrelevant. According to your account, God designed people and tests for resourcefulness. So again it's arbitrary.

The more you can do with less, the [b]more respectable you are.[/b]

Again God would have written this rule. Arbirtrary.

The flaws, according to Christian doctrine, entered the system after Adam and Eve disobeyed God's clear instruction.

Well, it would have been nice if he hadn't made true love conditional on the existence of evil. Once again God did something arbitrary.

The problem you're going to have, chin, is that no matter what excuse you use for God, your God conceived and implemented the conditions that make that excuse valid. The only way I think you can get around this trouble is to provide a rigorous proof that God doing anything else contradicts logic.

By the way, the only thing God created in His image was Man and Woman. But we have consistently chosen to be unlike Him, rather than imitate Him. And to be unlike perfection is to be flawed.

Is it more perfect to be able to sin than not to be able to sin?
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    30 May '05 20:44
    Originally posted by chinking58
    I was being very tongue and cheek here buddy. You guys can use probability all you want.

Are you referring to that whole thread about the lottery etc.? If so, I think I agreed then that I shouldn't have claimed that probability has disproven the possibility of evolution; but I would never withdraw the argument that it sure makes evolution unlikely! ...[text shortened]... indstorm of entropy?

I am still to be convinced that my arguments are invalid bud, sorry.
    I gave you the coin arguments, and I showed (along with others) why your comparing evolution to a coin spinning through a whirlwind and landing on its edge is poor.

Please. If you understood what I said in my post in that thread, then answer me this. What is the sample space for life? Show this. Give me the field. Show the P-measure. Then you have something. Otherwise, I can just as flippantly say that the likelihood of evolution causing the diversity of life to be like that of a coin with 2 heads coming up heads when flipped upon an icey surface.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 May '05 21:24
    Originally posted by telerion
    I gave you the coin arguments, and I showed (along with others) why your comparing evolution to a coin spinning through a whirlwind and landing on its edge is poor.

Please. If you understood what I said in my post in that thread, then answer me this. What is the sample space for life? Show this. Give me the field. Show the P-measure. Then you have ...[text shortened]... f life to be like that of a coin with 2 heads coming up heads when flipped upon an icey surface.
    I've decided just to assert it now, let them try to scientificly prove creation, which of course they can't until they can scientificly prove how god did it , which the can't until they can't scientificly prove he exists in the first.
  5. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    30 May '05 22:583 edits
    Originally posted by chinking58
    ... The humans you're referring to were all conceived after 'the fall'. After Adam and Eve chose not to obey God the world fell under a curse. Death was introduced for the first time, and entropy, the tendency that all things would go from order to disorder, began its work...
    I am reading an article on galaxies in the current issue of Astronomy magazine. Here is a brief bit of the article:

Even larger is NGC 6166, a supergiant cD galaxy that consumed a number of its smaller brethren. This 13th-magnitude object has in its core several nuclei, the remnants of smaller galaxies it shredded and consumed.

Chinking, try to imagine the quantity of destruction involved in the shredding of galaxies. Do you believe that such catastrophic events are due to a pair of human beings picking some fruit from a tree? Has NGC 6166 only been consuming galaxies in the last 10,000 years since the time (according to biblical chronology) of the Garden of Eden?

Have you ever taken a course in modern physics? Or more particularly in thermodynamics? Can you even conceive of how different a world without a Second Law of thermodynamics would be? If there could even be living organisms in such a world, do you have any basis for believing that they would have alimentary canals? If they they tried to chew a piece of fruit, the pieces in their oral cavities would never settle down and fall into the gullet, to be processed in the stomach sac and in the intestines--for such processes require the Second Law to be in effect for them to happen. In a world without the Second Law, even if we grant that there could be living organisms made of cells bound together (a thing I actually do not believe to be the case) the pieces of fruit would forever bounce around inside the alimentary canal, never converting any of their kinetic energy to sound or heat energy, never being processed, never supplying chemical energy to the being who tried to eat the food.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    30 May '05 23:37
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Your god is stolen from Sumerian mythology, a particully nasty version of An.
    Anu to the Accadians, El to the Canaanites and IsraELites.
    It is no more the creator of the universe than the cork from Pat Robertson's bunghole.
    None on Genesis 1 has any validity as science, since it's a corruption of the Sumerian "Watchers" cosmolo ...[text shortened]...

THAT IS WHY THE BIBLE ISN'T GOD'S WORD !

and I don't care if you don't like it.

Do you have any links that support your theory ?
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    31 May '05 01:09
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Do you have any links that support your theory ?
    Yes
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 May '05 07:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    When our mammalian ancestors found themselves in position to eat lots of fruit with little competition compared to other food sources, those mammals which mutated to be able to do so better ate better and were therefore in general more likely to have babies which inhereted those mutations. Some examples of this would be our excellent color vision and ...[text shortened]... post to chinking. This argument only holds if you assume the designer has limited capabilities.
    When our mammalian ancestors found themselves in position to eat lots of fruit with little competition compared to other food sources....

This is just as compelling as snow-white and the seven dwarvs. Your entire paragraph is based on unproven assumptions.

This argument only holds if you assume the designer has limited capabilities.

You all seem to be evading my question. Would you be surprised in Volkswagen and Porsche used the same spark-plugs?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 May '05 08:39
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]When our mammalian ancestors found themselves in position to eat lots of fruit with little competition compared to other food sources....

This is just as compelling as snow-white and the seven dwarvs. Your entire paragraph is based on unproven assumptions.

...[text shortened]... evading my question. Would you be surprised in Volkswagen and Porsche used the same spark-plugs?[/b]
    LMFAO! Your whole life is based on "unproven assumptions" , don't you realize what a complete hypocrite you sound like?

Would you be surprised if an evolutionary process left species with the same ancestors with similar "spark plugs"?
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 May '05 09:03
    [b]When our mammalian ancestors found themselves in position to eat lots of fruit with little competition compared to other food sources....

...[text shortened]... evading my question. Would you be surprised in Volkswagen and Porsche used the same spark-plugs?[/b]
    Your first comment -

You asked for an explanation. The TOE explains this observation without any problems. You didn't ask for a compelling argument showing why the TOE is correct, and that is not what I provided.

Your second comment -

No, I would not be surprised if a VW and a Porsche used the same spark-plugs. What's your point?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 May '05 10:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Your first comment -

You asked for an explanation. The TOE explains this observation without any problems. You didn't ask for a compelling argument showing why the TOE is correct, and that is not what I provided.

Your second comment -

No, I would not be surprised if a VW and a Porsche used the same spark-plugs. What's your point?
    So why are you surprised if God uses the same bueprint for man and chimps?
  12. Joined
    09 Mar '05
    Moves
    31 May '05 14:05
    Isn't a blueprint a device that fallible designers use in order to counter their inefficiency at building from scratch?
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 May '05 14:52
    Originally posted by PotatoError
    Isn't a blueprint a device that fallible designers use in order to counter their inefficiency at building from scratch?
    Not neccesarily. If two designed things have some similar functions, (e.g. in humans and chimps it would be respiration), then a blueprint would be used to accomodate for that same function.
  14. Copenhagen
    Moves
    31 May '05 15:53
    Not neccesarily. If two designed things have some similar functions, (e.g. in humans and chimps it would be respiration), then a blueprint would be used to accomodate for that same function.
    However, according to the Bible, God created humans after chimps, so by that rational, God copied humans from chimps!?
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    31 May '05 16:09
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Yes

Then post them you little devil you ......😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree