1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:471 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    For those who believe in Jesus Christ, he has paid the price for their sin and given them the gift of life in the age to come. Those who do not believe in him will pay the penalty for sin themselves. How? By dying twice, once in this life and once and for all in the lake of fire, which is referred to as the “second death” (Rev. 20:6,14). Everlasting life ...[text shortened]... ]

http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/where-are-the-dead-what-happens-if-or-when-you-die
    Will put checkbaiter!
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 16:37
    For those who believe in Jesus Christ, he has paid the price for their sin and given them the gift of life in the age to come. Those who do not believe in him will pay the penalty for sin themselves. How? By dying twice, once in this life and once and for all in the lake of fire, which is referred to as the “second death” (Rev. 20:6,14). Everlasting life ...[text shortened]... ]

http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/where-are-the-dead-what-happens-if-or-when-you-die
    Bravo. Glad to see someone else here gets it.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 17:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Every Christian here no matter what denomination, creed, cult or otherwise, please state your position on this premise with either a yes or a no:

[b]The God whom I believe in, has created a place of eternal incineration for those who reject his offer of love and salvation.

Yes or no?[/b]
    God says yes. I'll side with Him.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 18:09
    Footnote: God is perfect. His Divine Integrity [Righteousness and Justice] is perfect. His Plan of Reconciliation for the human race from its depravity unto Himself is perfect; His Grace Gift of Eternal Life was purchased by the perfect [only possible] sacrifice [substitutionary spiritual death of His uniquely born son, Jesus Christ on our behalf]. His Plan for Eternity is perfect: Maximum Happiness of body and soul with Him for eternity in heaven; or Maximum Pain of body and soul separated from Him for eternity in the Lake of Fire. God has already made provision for forgiveness of our sin. His Perfect Integrity draws the line when it come to interfering with or coercing human volition. The Lake of Fire was designed for Satan and the one third of the Angelic Host which joined him in revolt in heaven prior to the creation of man and for those who reject Christ.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 18:18
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Footnote: God is perfect. His Divine Integrity [Righteousness and Justice] is perfect. His Plan of Reconciliation for the human race from its depravity unto Himself is perfect; His Grace Gift of Eternal Life was purchased by the perfect [only possible] sacrifice [substitutionary spiritual death of His uniquely born son, Jesus Christ on our behalf]. His ...[text shortened]... ich joined him in revolt in heaven prior to the creation of man and for those who reject Christ.
    There are many who died either before Christ was born and obviously cannot 'Know' Christ. There are many who have not heard of Christ now through no fault of their own.

There is something sadly wrong with your logic and with your ability to reason things out so that what you say makes sense.

Go back and read your Bible again.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 18:551 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Footnote: God is perfect. His Divine Integrity [Righteousness and Justice] is perfect. His Plan of Reconciliation for the human race from its depravity unto Himself is perfect; His Grace Gift of Eternal Life was purchased by the perfect [only possible] sacrifice [substitutionary spiritual death of His uniquely born son, Jesus Christ on our behalf]. His ...[text shortened]... ich joined him in revolt in heaven prior to the creation of man and for those who reject Christ.
    How can there be something "eternal" outside of being with God?

Not to mention the horrendous thought that God would want people to suffer in an incinerator for eternity. It's terrible -how can you believe that the god of Jn 3:16 would want that? Once and for all Annihilation maybe, but to CREATE eternal burning!!
  7. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 19:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Every Christian here no matter what denomination, creed, cult or otherwise, please state your position on this premise with either a yes or a no:

[b]The God whom I believe in, has created a place of eternal incineration for those who reject his offer of love and salvation.

Yes or no?[/b]
    You asked if the God that I believe in CREATED a place of eternal damnation...otherwise known as hell...I think humans do a pretty good job of creating it themselves...so, again no-- I don't think God created such a place. So far, the only thing that the verses presented here do is state that such a place exists...they don't name the creator of hell...which makes sense to me because in my opinion if Jesus ever visited hell, it would likely cease to be hell.

Eternal? Yes, of course if one chooses to remain there for the duration...
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 19:271 edit
    Originally posted by hakima
    You asked if the God that I believe in CREATED a place of eternal damnation...otherwise known as hell...I think humans do a pretty good job of creating it themselves...so, again no-- I don't think God created such a place. So far, the only thing that the verses presented here do is state that such a place exists...they don't name the creator of hell...which m ...[text shortened]... cease to be hell.

If one chooses????
  9. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 20:17

If one chooses????
    Yes, if (as I implied in my previous post) humans are the creators of hell, and not God, then as creators they might find their way out such a hell as they created.
  10. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 20:19
    Yes, if (as I implied in my previous post) humans are the creators of hell, and not God, then as creators they might find their way out such a hell as they created.
    Further...such a choice might include seeking and accepting the assistance of a "redeemer" such as that offered by Jesus Christ.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 20:52
    Humans are not the creators of anything, the Lake of fire is a real place, argue with God, if you disagree.
  12. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 21:03
    Humans are not the creators of anything, the Lake of fire is a real place, argue with God, if you disagree.
    Show me where it says in the bible that God CREATED hell and I will consider the translation.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 21:10
    Show me where it says in the bible that God CREATED hell and I will consider the translation.
    If it is not already created, God will create it...
    Prov 15:11
    Hell and Destruction are before the Lord;
    So how much more the hearts of the sons of men.
    NKJV

Prov 23:14
    You shall beat him with a rod,
    And deliver his soul from hell.
    NKJV

Matt 10:28-29
    But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29
    NKJV

Matt 18:9
    It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
    NKJV

Matt 23:33
    Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?
    NKJV

Luke 12:5
    But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
    NKJV

2 Peter 2:4
    For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered
    NKJV

Rev 20:10
    The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
    NKJV
  14. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 21:31
    If it is not already created, God will create it...
    Prov 15:11
    Hell and Destruction are before the Lord;
    So how much more the hearts of the sons of men.
    NKJV

Prov 23:14
    You shall beat him with a rod,
    And deliver his soul from hell.
    NKJV

Matt 10:28-29
    But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29
    NKJV

Matt ...[text shortened]... ast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
    NKJV
    I would not presume to tell God what to create...

On the other hand, not one of the passages you sited indicates that God created hell, only that God made use of hell for whatever reason God saw fit...

My challenge remains open to show me a passage which claims that God CREATED hell.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 21:47
    I would not presume to tell God what to create...

On the other hand, not one of the passages you sited indicates that God created hell, only that God made use of hell for whatever reason God saw fit...

My challenge remains open to show me a passage which claims that God CREATED hell.
    I would presume that since man is incapable of creation, and Satan is not about to create his eternal resting place, then that leaves God, the Creator.
    I am not talking about some mental prison that man makes for himself, I am speaking of a real place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree